Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

They look well modified.
    1025.jpg
    1022.JPG
    1023.JPG
    maxresdefault.jpg
    attachment.php?attachmentid=270536&d=1394537160
    attachment.php?attachmentid=270539&d=1394537160
    attachment.php?attachmentid=270538&d=1394537160

Aftermarket lift kits and the like are being adapted by decent manufacturers. I certainly would..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

They look well modified...

That's actually properly cool! :eek:

jimgoose wrote: »
    That's actually properly cool! :eek:

I love em. You might fail an NCT on rear visibility though....

I love em. You might fail an NCT on rear visibility though....

"But... but... they said you had to be able to see the wheel studs!!" :pac:

Looks even cooler, messed around with.

344731.jpg
    344732.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

They look well modified.

They should fit little skateboard wheels on the doors and roof, for when you are on-road, but not up-right.

Is the 4WD system any good? In house Renault?

Augeo wrote: »
    Is the 4WD system any good? In house Renault?

Nissan iirc. Like a lot of side mount engined suvs, it's basically a front wheel drive gearbox with a rear wheel drive output bolted to the diff housing. It'll never be as strong as a conventional long gear box/transfer case setup. But then, this isnt a two tonne vehicle with a three tonne towing capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'm surprised RADIAL TYRES didn't get a mention.

I used to have a brochure for a Lada Nica and Skoda Rapid that had a major feature on the fact they came with radial tyres. Sadly I dumped them

I think they are all like that.
    Was just on VW website checking the Passat equipment list actually, it includes :
    3-point seat belt for center rear seat
    Analog clock
    Center console
    Fuel tank
    Halogen twin headlights
    Parking brake
    Rear Fog light

There is no shame really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's standard equipment on the passat though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Lutecia wrote: »
    I think they are all like that.
    Was just on VW website checking the Passat equipment list actually, it includes :
    3-point seat belt for center rear seat
    Analog clock
    Center console
    Fuel tank
    Halogen twin headlights
    Parking brake
    Rear Fog light

There is no shame really
    Cool, you get a fuel tank as standard, what a time to be alive.

This is vw Ireland's passat equipment list though.

80MNlh.jpg

The dacia website is shocking. No prices, no equipment lists, no information at all. Only an ambiguous monthly finance figure for each car.
    Any dacia/renault ireland employees might highlight that to somebody?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Wow, cloth seats and steel wheels. Wonder if metallic is extra?

There's very few cars with standard metallic.

I'm not a vw fan. But to be fair to them, they list the basic stuff on the base models, and the extras that the higher spec ones have.

Listing a glovebox light as a reason to get a top spec duster in a press release isn't really the same as listing steel wheels being on a base passat - in a section of the vw website that lists the differences between specs

fair enough. but what is the difference in price between the top spec Dacia and the top spec Passat. Suddenly the exact spec isn't of such earth shattering importance anymore.

Granted, they're aimed at different audiences. The original point was, the "article" in the Limerick post (rehashed press release) is hilarious.
    The comparison with the passat wasn't originally made by me.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Granted, they're aimed at different audiences. The original point was, the "article" in the Limerick post (rehashed press release) is hilarious.
    The comparison with the passat wasn't originally made by me.

Your fault was expecting actual motoring journalism in the Limerick Post. :D;)
    Top Gear could never have sprung from this country. We're still all in therapy from TV3's offering.

This is vw Ireland's passat equipment list though.

80MNlh.jpg

The dacia website is shocking. No prices, no equipment lists, no information at all. Only an ambiguous monthly finance figure for each car.
    Any dacia/renault ireland employees might highlight that to somebody?
    The pricelist is on the Dacia homepage and each of the models has a brochure available...

The pricelist is on the Dacia homepage and each of the models has a brochure available...

Im not messing here, I checked the website again and I can only find a way for my local dealer to send me a brochure in the post, I honestly can't find prices or specs on the website.

Examples click on a logan and get this
    VJTpda.jpg

€119 per month, you do the maths.
    I can have any car i want for €119 a month, depending on deposit/final payment.
    Can dacia not just do the feckin maths for me?

Is it not a requirement when making a finance offer to give more detail than this, total cost of credit, apr, number of payments?

Edit. Hang on, I have to click on "legal info" hidden down in the left corner in small writing to get prices. What moron designed this?

Edit again, clicking this doesn't actually give me prices at all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Edit. Hang on, I have to click on "legal info" hidden down in the left corner in small writing to get prices. What moron designed this?

The cynic in me in says its actually designed this way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Could the Dacia Duster drivers please refrain from driving @ 80-100 kmph in the RHL (passing lane) of our various motorways

Thanks

Im not messing here, I checked the website again and I can only find a way for my local dealer to send me a brochure in the post, I honestly can't find prices or specs on the website.

Examples click on a logan and get this
    VJTpda.jpg

€119 per month, you do the maths.
    I can have any car i want for €119 a month, depending on deposit/final payment.
    Can dacia not just do the feckin maths for me?

Is it not a requirement when making a finance offer to give more detail than this, total cost of credit, apr, number of payments?

Edit again, clicking this doesn't actually give me prices at all.....
    That's the mobile site you're looking at. On the full website it has all the details and prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

my friend wrote: »
    Could the Dacia Duster drivers please refrain from driving @ 80-100 kmph in the RHL (passing lane) of our various motorways

Thanks

Are other owners ok to do this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Are other owners ok to do this?

When it comes to this matter Dacia Duster drivers are quite prolific

That's the mobile site you're looking at. On the full website it has all the details and prices.
    Thanks!

How would one change from the mobile site to the desktop version without going through Google? On a real website there's usually a link for this.

I know their cars are from ten years ago, but you'd think they'd know that nowadays people use iPads/tablets/phones.
    It's bizzare that the mobile site is so badly designed

Price list on renault.ie here
    http://forms.renault.ie/offers-2012/DACIA_Price_List_2015.pdf

Specs here
    http://www.dacia.ie/dacia-range/duster/equipment/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

I called into a Dacia dealer the other day as I'm interested in the Logan MCV.

Absolutely perfect car for me. Economical (I would plump for the 1.5DCi), roomy, big boot, I like the styling, and the equipment levels are fine... elec windows, aircon and steering wheel radio controls are all I need. I would prob upgrade and get the cruise control, tower roofers etc too.

Also interested in getting a 4x4 Duster as the family car and it's a fine machine. The only slight flaw was a lip on the boot opening.

I think they are great cars for the price.

El Kabong! wrote: »
    I called into a Dacia dealer the other day as I'm interested in the Logan MCV.

Absolutely perfect car for me. Economical (I would plump for the 1.5DCi), roomy, big boot, I like the styling, and the equipment levels are fine... elec windows, aircon and steering wheel radio controls are all I need. I would prob upgrade and get the cruise control, tower roofers etc too.

Also interested in getting a 4x4 Duster as the family car and it's a fine machine. The only slight flaw was a lip on the boot opening.

I think they are great cars for the price.

Take the Logan for a test drive. Unfortunately there was a design oversight that means its noisier at 80k than at 120k. The sound of the diesel engine resonates with the shape of the cabin, making for a loud, low pitched noise that cannot be ignored. Most people are ok with it bit if you're not, youll be stuck with a car you hatefully despise until you sell it. It's the only car with that problem. The Sandero, Duster, Lodgy and Stepway versions are differently shaped and free of it. (I don't know if the Lodgy is being sold actually..)

Take the Logan for a test drive. Unfortunately there was a design oversight that means its noisier at 80k than at 120k. The sound of the diesel engine resonates with the shape of the cabin, making for a loud, low pitched noise that cannot be ignored. Most people are ok with it bit if you're not, youll be stuck with a car you hatefully despise until you sell it. It's the only car with that problem. The Sandero, Duster, Lodgy and Stepway versions are differently shaped and free of it. (I don't know if the Lodgy is being sold actually..)

It's not a problem if you're only doing 80 on your way to 120. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

It's not a problem if you're only doing 80 on your way to 120. :)

Just a problem for the 5 or 10 minutes that takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

With cassette?

Let's not loose the run of ourselves completely here, you'll be wanting height adjustable headrests next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

my friend wrote: »

Thanks

That's the Micra DNA shining through, there's no getting away from it :pac:

I'm liking the facelift myself.
    06upcomming-cars6.jpg
    d2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Had a gander at one in the carpark of a B&Q. It was the higher spec one. Seats looked good. Very nice chrome trim on the leather steering wheel and instruments. Didn't look all that bad of a place to sit to be honest.

Certainly not the dirt box people are suggesting it is

I'm liking the facelift myself...

You're not wrong, nice-looking bitta kit, oddly enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭newfranko

GavMan wrote: »
    Had a gander at one in the carpark of a B&Q. It was the higher spec one. Seats looked good. Very nice chrome trim on the leather steering wheel and instruments. Didn't look all that bad of a place to sit to be honest.

Certainly not the dirt box people are suggesting it is
    The people who are suggesting it's a dirtbox are probably pissed off because they paid big bucks for a sh!!te alternative, there's feck all wrong with the Dusters any more than any other motor. If you want a good alternative take look at the Ford Ecosport, only a little bit more expensive but a cracking car. My own Duster now has 19.000 kms and sits very nicely in the passing lane at 120 klm/hour on the motorway!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It's growing on me :) neighbour got one recently and its looking good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

newfranko wrote: »
    The people who are suggesting it's a dirtbox are probably pissed off because they paid big bucks for a sh!!te alternative, there's feck all wrong with the Dusters any more than any other motor. If you want a good alternative take look at the Ford Ecosport, only a little bit more expensive but a cracking car. My own Duster now has 19.000 kms and sits very nicely in the passing lane at 120 klm/hour on the motorway!!!

Yes mate, they are all just jelly of your duster. Face it mate, your on a motor forum full of enthusiasts so why the suprise that most think lowly of the duster which is at the end of the day a car built with the primary goal of being cheep and unspectacular.

gallag wrote: »
    ...a car built with the primary goal of being cheep and unspectacular.

Hmm. Citroen 2CV, Ford 100E, Austin Mini, VW Beetle - nothing remotely cool there, right?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yes mate, they are all just jelly of your duster. Face it mate, your on a motor forum full of enthusiasts so why the suprise that most think lowly of the duster which is at the end of the day a car built with the primary goal of being cheep and unspectacular.
    WRONG

Hmm. Citroen 2CV, Ford 100E, Austin Mini, VW Beetle - nothing remotely cool there, right?? :D

I keep saying it over and over again. Lada Niva. Cheap, nasty, cool as sh*t!

Lada_Niva_1991_Brazil.jpg

Anyone who says "Oh it's only really expensive cars are cool!" is not a motor enthusiast, but a mindless snob.

Isetta, DKW, NSU Prinz, Smart, MX5, Beetle, Punto, I could go on for a bit.
    Price is not a consideration. It's a factor, but not a deciding one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

ba_barabus wrote: »
    WRONG

Your compelling argument has changed my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I'm liking the facelift myself.
    06upcomming-cars6.jpg
    d2.jpg

That looks good.
    When is this facelift to hit the streets ?
    Would really like to see one in the flesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

_Brian wrote: »
    That looks good.
    When is this facelift to hit the streets ?
    Would really like to see one in the flesh.

In dealers now.

Your compelling argument has changed my mind.

I'm not going to argue with stupidity ;)

The nova was never cool when they were about... None about now and they are allegedly cool. The duster is zero cool too to be fair.

Cool is gimpspeak too imo, like dude and man :pac:

Augeo wrote: »
    The nova was never cool when they were about... None about now and they are allegedly cool. The duster is zero cool too to be fair.

Cool is gimpspeak too imo, like dude and man :pac:

All Russian Tech was always cool. Maybe not so much in the 80's, but from the 90's onwards (especially in Germany) when the Iron Curtain came down and lots of Eastern tech would make it's way over to the West. You had to have the watches and cameras, if you had the car as well, that was something.
    My biggest regret is selling a pair of Zenith and Praktika (OK, DDR) cameras with all the extras.
    Especially a Zenith camera. You can beat someone to death with one and take his picture afterwards.
    Kalashnikov, need I say more.

...Russian tech in general is the dogs.

Yes. I want a Neval Ural with a sidecar and a great big bearskin hat with a red star on it. :cool:

Especially a Zenith camera.
    Is that the same company that makes the watches?

Yes. I want a Neval Ural with a sidecar and a great big bearskin hat with a red star on it. :cool:

I'll race you across Siberia in my ZIL!

• Advertisement

I'll race you across Siberia in my ZIL!

Da, starets! :D

Advertisement