Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

The lady who sold me the sealed MSX games a while back, got back to me as she found more. I told her what they were and that she could get a LOT more money for the on ebay or MSX.org but she said she didn't want to bother and was happy to let me have them for the price of loose so I got these too. All sealed :o

11056543_10153320707093276_4101871787673526243_o.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thay are some mint condition boxes! Fair play to her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wanted to pick up another Xbox controller so got this one because it was dirt cheap.

2AE44311-1848-4CD9-916F-0AD4D4BC1E80_zpsvz7io4ni.jpg

@RE!

Actually that picture just reminded me, that issue of Retrogamer has Shooters on the front yeah? Wonder is there some decent info on shmups in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Actually that picture just reminded me, that issue of Retrogamer has Shooters on the front yeah? Wonder is there some decent info on shmups in it.

No that one has gaming greatest disasters on it. A decent read!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wanted to pick up another Xbox controller so got this one because it was dirt cheap.

2AE44311-1848-4CD9-916F-0AD4D4BC1E80_zpsvz7io4ni.jpg

@RE!

I have the battery pack to go along with that if you want to swap for a white one?

When I got my first 360 (in 2008 or so) they didn't have any white battery packs left... they had pink ones though!

MrVestek wrote: »
    I have the battery pack to go along with that if you want to swap for a white one?

When I got my first 360 (in 2008 or so) they didn't have any white battery packs left... they had pink ones though!

Ah no it came with one, so your battery pack can stay fabulous. thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ah no it came with one, so your battery pack can stay fabulous. thanks though!

Yay. Me and my fabulously mismatched pink and white controller. :P

It looks like some kind of malformed candy.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Yay. Me and my fabulously mismatched pink and white controller. :P

It looks like some kind of malformed candy.

Or one of those delicious Nougat bars! :D

barratt_nougat_with_peanut-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or these:
    0__61750_zoom.jpg

(But I prefer the Nougat bars myself too, nom!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Stop stop, me diabetes is playing up lookin at doze pictures!

Ah no, pink & whites is where it's at!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Pink stuff wise I'd prefer Pink Panther biscuits to both
    If it has to be pink and white I'd pick Flump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Stop stop, me diabetes is playing up lookin at doze pictures!

that's what happens when you give the thread a title that sounds like "Nougat City".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

that's what happens when you give the thread a title that sounds like "Nougat City".

That's it, the Islets of Langerhans have just fecked off.
    Insulin dependency here we come!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was thinking Milk Teeth before I scrolled down to the nougat pics...

barratt-milk-teeth-sweets-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Drumstick tbh!

41IoKywZbfL.jpg

3682722550_760bf1a939_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Nah, chocolate mice is where it's at.

1.jpg

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Nah, chocolate mice is where it's at.

1.jpg
    I remember me and my sister (she's 19 years older), eating all of the chocolate mice at one of the grandkids parties, just laughing remembering it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I haven't actually got it yet, but Albert from Atariage mailed me this picture of the back page of the Zippy manual last night:

Zippy_zpsyocigff0.png

My username on AA is Fr0st, I'm an official game tester now!! Look Mom, I'm famous!! :pac:

On another note, this is now shipping to Europe, part one of the 2600 Encyclopedia:

2600enc_zpsfgedta9f.jpg

Available only through Amazon I think, ordered a copy last night:

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-2600-Encyclopedia-1/dp/0985480572/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432112697&sr=1-3&keywords=atari

My RGB cables arrived.
    Cheap as chips they were, allowing the CDX and the Saturn to be seen in all their glory.
    Hoping that cheap does not in fact equal sh1te.
    Sonic Wings for the PS2 is still en route so I'll just have to play it on Mame, on an arcade monitor with arcade controls while I wait.... Why did I buy it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

The only thing to watch (or listen) for with the cheap and not so cheap RGB cables is a hiss or hum when the a bright image is displayed. My Megadrive not cheap RGB cable is a bugger for this.

I've not seen any of these console RGB cables that screen the audio signal properly like you get with decent SCART cables..

The RGB cables work a treat, but it's a bit wasted on the CDX/MultiMega.
    That machine is not modded in any way and, so, it still outputs at 50Hz :( So still have borders :(
    I'll have to do some research to see if there's a mod to be done, on a brighter note I was able to play Road Rash on the Mega CD in RGB, bad news is it still sucks compared to the 3DO version its a rip off of :(

The Saturn looks wonderful in crispy RBG vision though, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The RGB cables work a treat, but it's a bit wasted on the CDX/MultiMega.
    That machine is not modded in any way and, so, it still outputs at 50Hz :( So still have borders :(
    I'll have to do some research to see if there's a mod to be done...

There is a mod that can be done, but it isn't for the faint hearted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    There is a mod that can be done, but it isn't for the faint hearted!

:eek: Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

eddhorse wrote: »
    :eek: Christ on a bike.

I suddenly want to complete that mod - is that Sega MultiMega yours Ciderman?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I suddenly want to complete that mod - is that Sega MultiMega yours Ciderman?

Yup, the one you guys borrowed in college as a portable cd player!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

decided a while back to put these in video format. Latest car boot sale finds... I'm working on the musical too now :)

and the week before :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

LongZ wrote: »
    I'm working on the musical too now :)

Will Simon be featuring in it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement