Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu among list of dissapointing technolgies

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Been putting together a new PC for the past few days.

I had to use Ubuntu, which automatically detected my DLINK PCI Wireless card, to download the drivers for said card for my new Vista install :pac:. 1-0 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

marco_polo wrote: »
    Been putting together a new PC for the past few days.

I had to use Ubuntu, which automatically detected my DLINK PCI Wireless card, to download the drivers for said card for my new Vista install :pac:. 1-0 so far.

point in case!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

You cant play mp3 files or some video off ubuntu without downloading codecs. Now I dont mind, and the process is extremely quick, but the problem lies if you dont have internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

you cant play alot of codecs in windows without downloading them either.

I do think they should include the restricted formats and that sort of stuff in the distro as standard though. Even if they made a point of calling it restriced ubuntu (rubuntu maybe even :D) and then have a regular version of ubuntu without the closed source stuff for the hardcores.

Advertisement