Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rocky IV

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Stallone is very much underrated in terms of filmmaking. He is definitely a book judged by its cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't mean to burst people's bubbles

but do you know that stallone is a short arse, he's only 5' nothing

thats why bridget neilsen broke up with him cause she developed a bad back having to stoop down to kiss him all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

fryup wrote: »

but do you know that stallone is a short arse, he's only 5" nothing

thats why bridget neilsen broke up with him cause she developed a bad back having to stoop down to kiss him all the time

So? :confused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just a bit of trivia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

but do you know that stallone is a short arse, he's only 5' nothing

He's 5'9, that's totally average height, Nielsen is 6'1, that's hardly her having to go down on her knees to make eye contact with him. Calling shenanigans on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

IV is definitely the best film of the series. Was never a big fan of the first one, but 4 is so cheesy it's brilliant. And the irony of it all is, Rocky was the american hero that used natural training methods while Drago was getting juiced up by all sorts of chemicals, but in real life it was Stallone who was completely juiced up and Dolph lundgren was natural. Apparently he did use roids, but after rocky 4.
    Dermighty wrote: »
    Predator is the best 80s movie ever made. END OF DISCUSSION.

I realise there are other movies that are better....

Predator is a great movie, but it's not really a full on 80's movie. Rocky IV is, Top Gun is, Breakfast Club is, Ferris Bueller is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just a bit of trivia
    If by trivia you mean bollocks.....

no trivia

its the truth look here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

no trivia

its the truth look here

A 6'1 woman wearing 4 inch heels is going to tower over most people outside the NBA.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

no trivia

its the truth look here
    That's a picture....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is it even Sly Stallone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no trivia

its the truth look here

Eh that's not even Sly?

sylvester-stallone-e-brigitte-nielsen.jpg

that's hardly a gigantic difference now in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyingbassman1

My favourite Rocky films in order:
    1. Rocky 2
    2. Rocky 3
    3. Rocky 1
    4. Rocky Balboa
    5. Rocky 4
    6. Creed
    7. Rocky 5 (reluctantly)

salmocab wrote: »
    Don t know how Drago lost, his training was amazing that single punch ball on the running track is surely how the top pros train now, jog 100 mts and punch a ball then repeat. Love Drago he's my favorite opponent from the series.

He needed Vladdy Putins 'skills of persuasion' to get him over the line really ;):pac:

Biddy Nielson was some lasher in her day in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Due a rewatch of them all, including Creed which I enjoyed a lot and Rocky Balboa which I have only seen once.

In order of preference, I'd have them:

Rocky III
    Rocky
    Rocky IV
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky II
    v
    v
    v
    v
    Rocky V

III is and always will be my favourite, it has absolutely everything, a fearsome detestable villain in Clubber Lang, the death of Mickey, the re-appearance of Apollo, the re-invention and redemption of Rocky, Adrian's speech on the beach.... Hulk Hogan playing Thunderlips.

It also had the incredible Eye of the Tiger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Creed surprised me by not just being decent, but by being rather excellent. Balboa was also a solid film that no-one expected to work as well as it did. I've never seen Rocky V - have it here on DVD but just never got around to watching it, have heard fairly negative things about it. Rocky IV is actually probably my favourite, hammy and all as it is.

Advertisement