Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Coleman rollcall for Knock Sat 31st Oct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭ironingbored

This programme had a couple of pearls:

1) Joe says, "I work with the light of the Lord. I'm a light worker."

2) The Lamb of God B&B. They do a mean rack!

3) "I'll reveal the message tomorrow." Log onto to www.knockapparitions.com" i.e. I don't have any message and will need to burn the midnight oil to come up with something by tomorrow.

4) "Look it's spinning and dancing in the sky." That would be the UV rays burning holes in your retina!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Damn I missed it.

Will RTE be showing several repeats of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭patrickk

strobe wrote: »
    I think (hope) that those comments about how you post weren't just shot taking Patrickk. But it really really does help if you use paragraphs. It's hard to read a big block of text man. The language has evolved that way becuase of that fact.

I am curious about your flipant attitude though. Surely the fate of all humanity shouldn't be discussed in such a joking fashion? I don't think the Virgin would be happy about you taking such liberties.....

We are on the same team there "Surely the fate of all humanity shouldn't be discussed in such a joking fashion?"

This whole discussion is no joke to me and never will be and thats all will be said of that .

This is taken from Joe Coleman's website :

http://www.knockapparitions.com/views/80-is-god-real

Is God real?

Is God real?

From the day we are born until the day we die we live in a world, that no matter how knowledgeable we are, no matter how far we have developed intellectually, none of us fully understand the world we live in.
    We spend a lot of time trying to explain why things happen, why we are really here, where we actually come from, and how we got here in the first place. Most of us know, in our hearts, that a superior being – a God – was responsible for bringing the whole thing about. Why? Because of the spirituality we all feel at some stage, the love that we have for each other that we just cannot explain or rationalise. This love is what sets up apart from the animal world. Yet we still struggle to believe. For some of us we will always find a logical scientifically evaluated reason why we are here. And it has nothing to do with God.

Anti-God Views
    Scientists and Atheists take the view that if you cannot prove that God exists then he doesn’t. They set out to try and prove that God is not real. Every effort is made to provide a logical reason as to why God is a figment of people’s imagination. People with faith are psychotic, mad and delusional. Religion blocks social progress. And so forth do the arguments ensue. But they can’t provide a convincing explanation that satisfies. Yet, if they ask Christians to prove that God exists they, too, will find it equally difficult to convince them that God really exists. And so the argument will continue.
    We may like to think we know it all. We might like to think that we can prove, scientifically, all we need to know but the puzzle will always remain.
    Few, atheists included, will find it impossible to explain away extraordinary events, inexplicable wonders such as miracles, the wonder of love – and deep emotional and spiritual feelings that people feel, through logical explanation. Even in the cases of miracle cures, stigmata, or an impossible cosmic phenomena such as the sun spinning and dancing in the sky – they will be put down to ‘mind over matter’. But is this a logical explanation?
    How Religions can mask Evil
    For the believer, God is life. God is about love. Science is not about life, nor is it about love. Nor does it claim to be. Science has done much for mankind. But it has destroyed life too. Likewise, certain fundamentalist religions destroy lives too. Take the cases practiced by extreme fundamentalist 'so called religions' where women are still, today, stoned to death for crimes for which they are not responsible. You only have to look at crimes against women where, because they are victims of rape, they are murdered to see how evil can manifest itself behind a religious facade. Then you just have to look at the horrific cases of child abuse which have been covered up by the Catholic Church to see evil present itself yet again. Yet it is through religion that Satan manages to pervert the truth. His primary targets are those in religious orders. Because if he can contaminate them then people will people will turn their backs on God. And the innocent priests, bishops, cardinals suffer for the sins of the few.
    What is the truth?
    So what is the truth? What do most people believe in? Well we know that the Bible is the best selling book of all time. So we can assume that at least 2.5 billion people believe that the truth is contained therein. But where is the proof? And how do you proof that there is a God?
    People who believe in God develop a spirituality that simply can’t be measured. It is very difficult to scientifically prove that God exists. Yet it you take the miracles that have been witnessed in Lourdes, Mejugorje and the signs that thousands of people, including the 70,000 people at Fatima witnessed in 1917 scientists will still always find a way to disprove these events. Believers will find ways to prove that they did.
    In today’s world ,millions of people now claims to be agnostic (where they keep an open mind and not convinced one way or another in the existence of God). Others claim to be Atheist and will admit they have an absence of belief in a God of any kind. They are entitled to their belief.
    Christians and other religions will constantly go out of their way to try and convince the Atheists. But without the ‘proof of God’ that is demanded by Scientists their arguments will fall on deaf ears.
    How Religion breeds Hatred
    Very few Christians would claim to hate Atheists. Yet, religion is often used as a cover up for evil deeds. On the other hand the current new breed of Atheism – organised Atheism driven organisations springing up in the world today also mask evil and in some cases display clearly their outright hatred of all religions . The question to ask now are they, themselves, setting up their own religion?
    Evil, is present both among religions from each side. It is present in those who profess to believe in God, as well as in Atheist organisations who deliberately set out to dispel any kind of belief in God.
    Only the truth will survive – one way or another.

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    ha ha very funny.
    What makes you think anyone is going to watch some c!rap off youtube in italian?
    Joe coleman is a liar and a fraud.

You're entitled to your opinion but you're wrong .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

patrickk wrote: »
    This is taken from Joe Coleman's website :
    A load of ill-informed, Poorly written **** quite frankly.

Why are you paying so much attention to a man who is clearly mentally ill patrickk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭furiousox

I hear there is already a split in the camp.
    Some people say the sun danced a cha cha cha, others insist it was a foxtrot and some radicals even claim it was the tango.
    The first church of rumba has refused to comment but the latter day church of bossa nova says it ''embraces all forms of modern dance''.
    However the Catholic church has taken a hardline stance claiming ''all forms of dance apart from traditional set dancing have no place in modern society.''
    Amen!

CPL 593H

Jelly2 wrote: »
    Back to Joe Coleman! Patrick, you must be back from your weekend now...you still haven't told us how you know that Joe Coleman is an 'authenticated visionary.'

I've been following "messages and accounts " of visionaries for 17 years .I have no hidden agenda only what I will say is I was an atheist myself in that I spent a lot of time in my youth reading books to disprove existence of God until I realised one day in middle of one book I was reading what a load of crap this guy was saying to try and refute existence of God .
    Then i went forward with a cautious approach and eventually I had some experiences which and still do assured me of existence of God and Our Lady and how they bring about healing in our lives.I come from very much a science background and although all my family would have been devout followers of God.I did not have any desire to follow in their footsteps.
    So anyways you asked me how I know Joe is an authenticated visionary nobody in this world knows that 100% but what I have witnessed in Knock is supernatural occurrences ,healings ,and also felt presence of Our Lady there so strong that it would make you want to stay there.The Love of God shines through many aspects in life .I go to Knock when Joe Coleman is there as witness and observer and its been plus have got some inner peace and healing in my own soul.
    We all need that now there is noone can stand out in middle of a crowd all the way through their life and honestly say they don't need God.Its self destructive to think like that ,it will only rot away inside of you .Some people in this world may have given up on God for in their own minds just reasons by listening to radio and media and I wouldnt blame anyone for thinking like that its a natural response for us as humans to feel like that.I feel like that many days myself it would be foolish to think I am any different to my emotional response to anything I witness like everyone else in media.So some of us or many of us I don't know everyone's beliefs may have given up on God but God will never give up trying to help you!
    His ways are not our ways ,His Truth will always be to help us and guide us not to divide us .

King Mob wrote: »
    A load of ill-informed, Poorly written **** quite frankly.

Why are you paying so much attention to a man who is clearly mentally ill patrickk?

My beliefs do not revolve around Joe Coleman ,what I have witnessed of Joe Coleman is different to what is been portrayed in media .Although the documentary last night I thought was very fair and gave a better insight into his personality.Joe Coleman in my experience with mystics and visionaries is with his weaknesses in personality has been chosen by God to relay messages.Joe Coleman is not going away he will continue to spread the messages because we are in need of it now.The world needs to turn back to God there is no other simple or complex way to put it.We may have turned our back on God but God is merciful first and only at last resort will He make a judgement as distinct from the way humanity deals with a crisis,which we all witness in the media every day of the week.What we can't ignore in our own consciences' are worldwide tragedies are getting worse and worse .Why is this ?
    Whether we believe in God or not this question is one which we all have to look into our own hearts and answer .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

My beliefs do not revolve around Joe Coleman ,what I have witnessed of Joe Coleman is different to what is been portrayed in media .Although the documentary last night I thought was very fair and gave a better insight into his personality.Joe Coleman in my experience with mystics and visionaries is with his weaknesses in personality has been chosen by God to relay messages.Joe Coleman is not going away he will continue to spread the messages because we are in need of it now.The world needs to turn back to God there is no other simple or complex way to put it.We may have turned our back on God but God is merciful first and only at last resort will He make a judgement as distinct from the way humanity deals with a crisis,which we all witness in the media every day of the week.What we can't ignore in our own consciences' are worldwide tragedies are getting worse and worse .Why is this ?
    Whether we believe in God or not this question is one which we all have to look into our own hearts and answer .

Can you explain how exactly you know Joe Coleman is a visionary?

Because he sounds exactly like someone how is mentally ill.

And any chance I can have this answer in a clear concise way without all your nonsensical and poor formatted sophistry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

What we can't ignore in our own consciences' are worldwide tragedies are getting worse and worse .Why is this ?

The reason there are worldwide tragedies are because we turned our back on the Dagda.

that oil spill? a big hole driven into the earth by a massive pipe? that was the dagda and his giant wang. that big hole in Guatamala? Snap. The ozone layer? Bingo!

There have been many giant holes that have appeared over the last few hundred years and all because we stoped paying attention to the Dagda...and his wang. He is annoyed and his wrath is great, though thats not the only thing.

do you deny that these things happened patrickk?

King Mob wrote: »
    Can you explain how exactly you know Joe Coleman is a visionary?

Because he sounds exactly like someone how is mentally ill.

And any chance I can have this answer in a clear concise way without all your nonsensical and poor formatted sophistry?

I could spend 4 hours talking about how I think he is a true visionary and not a false one but you would still not believe me .Did you go see Joe Coleman yourself or did you go to Knock on 14th July 2010.Are you going to go on 25th August 2010? I suspect not .But without your own personal experience and with continual relying on general consenus of the media that he is not a visionary then you will never know for sure if he is a visionary or not.
    Prove to me he is not a visionary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

I had some experiences which and still do assured me of existence of God and Our Lady and how they bring about healing in our lives.

Care to elaborate.....
    I have witnessed in Knock is supernatural occurrences ,healings ,and also felt presence of Our Lady there so strong that it would make you want to stay there.

I would like to know what supernatural occurances occured.
    there is noone can stand out in middle of a crowd all the way through their life and honestly say they don't need God.

I dont need God.

The reason there are worldwide tragedies are because we turned our back on the Dagda.

that oil spill? a big hole driven into the earth by a massive pipe? that was the dagda and his giant wang. that big hole in Guatamala? Snap. The ozone layer? Bingo!

There have been many giant holes that have appeared over the last few hundred years and all because we stoped paying attention to the Dagda...and his wang. He is annoyed and his wrath is great, though thats not the only thing.

do you deny that these things happened patrickk?

Let me get this straight Joe Coleman is mentally ill ?
    Some laugh alright whats going on in the world at the moment eh ?
    cop yourself on and get back to reality buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭furiousox

Joe's latest prediction

chicken_little.jpg

CPL 593H

Care to elaborate.....

I would like to know what supernatural occurances occured.

I dont need God.

That my friend you will never know ,my occurrences that happened were between me and God and I will only tell them to people who will respect them.
    When you're dying on your death bed in 60 years or earlier time come back to me and tell me that .Ive heard it all before thousands of times .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

He is, clearly. It's usually not hard to spot someone who isn't right in the head, they tend to stand out and in Joes case it's as clear as if he carried a big sign saying "I'm as mental as bat****".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

I for one can't wait to see Joe Coleman.

I think he can provide some width and creativity down the left, and should link up well with Gerrard and Torres

Some laugh alright whats going on in the world at the moment eh ?
    cop yourself on and get back to reality buddy!

Hilarious. especially because its happened all of a sudden. nothing bad ever happened before people started not believing in the christian god.

Generally the only way turning against the christian god is bad for you and the world is if you were an Inca or muslim during the crusades.

and reality? If you think that some bloke can can comunicate with an invisible sky woman, and then convince the type of people who think staring at the sun is a good idea that he is right. I think reality is somewhere you would like to visit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I just watched the documentary. It was interesting to say the least plus once of my lecturers was in it quite a lot.

Ok, so from watching it I have come to the following conclusions.

1. He is without a doubt, a conman.

2. However, I do think he is mentally unstable and quite likely psychotic. The website I regularly write for received a number of threatening emails from Joe and other people, who merely turned out to be aliases of Joe's, after an article about faith and religion, in which he was mentioned, was published on the site.

• Advertisement

I for one can't wait to see Joe Coleman.

I think he can provide some width and creativity down the left, and should link up well with Gerrard and Torres

not a bad idea to head along. we could dress up as satan and jump out of bushes

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

That my friend you will never know ,my occurrences that happened were between me and God and I will only tell them to people who will respect them.
    When you're dying on your death bed in 60 years or earlier time come back to me and tell me that .Ive heard it all before thousands of times .

I will not be needing a god on my death bed, thanks for making the assumption though. I do not want to go to another dimension when I die. I will hopefully have no regrets and will have been able to say I led a full and meaningful life.
    I will not be a slave or live by the creed of a sky wizard or a bronze age middle eastern carpenter.
    To claim to know things you do not is truly despicable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

But without your own personal experience and with continual relying on general consenus of the media that he is not a visionary then you will never know for sure if he is a visionary or not.
    In all fairness, you don't need to follow the "media" to figure out that Joe Coleman is behaving oddly -- this much is quite clear from Joe himself.

BTW, I missed news that Joe's friend, Kieth Henderson, died in a car crash in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

.What we can't ignore in our own consciences' are worldwide tragedies are getting worse and worse ..

But they're not.

In the past:
    Hitler and the holocaust
    Flu 1918
    Tangshan earthquake 1976
    Famine in 1980s Ethiopia, 1960s Biafra
    or Ireland in the 19th century
    Krakatoa
    Bhopal
    Pompeii
    the meteor strike the killed almost all life on the planet

Tragedies are not getting worse, communications are getting better.

Seers have been predicting cataclysm since they learned to talk. It is their stock in trade. Doom-mongers. I suppose one of them will eventually be right using the rule that if you always bet on 00 you will be right eventually.

All I hear is a lot of blasphemies from people who are deluded by their own way of life but thats up to yourselves if you wish to continue to make a fool of yourselves before God .Theres nothing positive been said here so am bowing out again for a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

robindch wrote: »
    In all fairness, you don't need to follow the "media" to figure out that Joe Coleman is behaving oddly -- this much is quite clear from Joe himself.

BTW, I missed news that Joe's friend, Kieth Henderson, died in a car crash in March.

In my humble opinion, Joe Coleman is a slightly psychotic conman.....nothing more...nothing less. For more Divine ****e, don't forget to go to his website.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    But they're not.

In the past:
    Hitler and the holocaust
    Flu 1918
    Tangshan earthquake 1976
    Krakatoa
    Bhopal
    Pompeii

Seers have been predicting cataclysm since they learned to talk. It is their stock in trade. Doom-mongers. I suppose one of them will eventually be right using the rule that if you always bet on 00 you will be right eventually.

Heres a good website which documents a good few doomsayers. there used to be a really good geocities one but i guess thats gone

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Paparazzo wrote: »
    This show is rubbish, I'm turning off. They should be ripping into this conman

I gotta say, I thought it was really well done.

They did what all good interviewers do - let the person sink themselves. He came across as a mentally unstable snake oil salesman.

And the finale was a peach - the music kicks in and he tells everyone that he'll reveal the latest epiphany from Holy Mary... on his website.

Absolute classic. :p

nipplenuts wrote: »
    But they're not.

In the past:
    Hitler and the holocaust
    Flu 1918
    Tangshan earthquake 1976
    Krakatoa
    Bhopal
    Pompeii

theres a big gap there in centuries ,I dont have to go through internet spewing out stats the world has seen an exponential growth in atrocities both man made and from nature .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

theres a big gap there in centuries ,I dont have to go through internet spewing out stats the world has seen an exponential growth in atrocities both man made and from nature .

Joe, why do you keep coming up with this nonsense?

Advertisement