Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7dayshop sold me counterfeit goods

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I wonder where jor el is?

eating humble pie I'd say

Fortress of Solitude...

Sorry... bad joke but could not resist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Beyond ressurecting a eight month old thread and spamming replies in it what are you exactly trying to bring to the this thread? Jor El was right; the OP post was incorrect (he got exactly what he paid for as per the add and it was the OPs assumptions of what to get which was wrong) and the company gave him a refund as per the law (even though he got exactly what he ordered as per the distance selling law).

Oh and any person who think they can buy a real Microsoft mouse for 10% of the retail price from a online vendor should contact me; I got this lovely red bridge for sale really cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

eating humble pie I'd say

Please stick to the topic at hand.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Beyond ressurecting a eight month old thread and spamming replies in it what are you exactly trying to bring to the this thread?

Eh?

How is that comment relevant to the discussion? Please stick to the topic at hand

You're right... about as relevant as highlight spelling mistakes.

Apologies, will stick to the topic at hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Never in all my time on boards have I witnessed such a motley bunch of righteous internet "warriors" posting on one thread. I guess I have just been lucky up until this point. :o I feel privileged it was a thread of my own making!

Anyway, back on topic - 7dayshop have indeed refunded me my money, admitted the item description was misleading and changed it so that others won't mistake the product in question to be something else, so the issue is resolved and mods can feel free to lock this thread. genuine thanks to everyone who offered their opinion and was helpful & courteous in the process.

Never in all my time on boards have I witnessed such a motley bunch of righteous internet "warriors" posting on one thread.

Whether or not I'm included in that motley crew you're absolutely right Arciphel... I felt that I posted up some valid 'opinions' on this thread only to have people try to pull the rug from under my feet... at which stage the petty to-ing and fro-ing begins.

I apologise for the comment made earlier in relation to 'jor el'.. admittedly I got sucked in by what I perceived to be his/her blunt and petty posts.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - The manner in which people are treated in this forum is a disgrace. People seem to get off around here telling people how wrong they are. At the same time the same people are getting these "I'm right, I'm right" feel good sensations.

I believe that this forum truly brings out the worst in people... especially those that either get off on feeling they're right all the time and those who are afraid to admit they are wrong.

I do feel you had a genuine issue. It seems obvious to me, based on their reaction, that 7Day perceive their original advert to be misleading also.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

Whether or not I'm included in that motley crew you're absolutely right Arciphel....
    motley crue ot lue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp-wcc0GPKU&p=70DDF80E0DD3C22C&playnext=1&index=53

Advertisement