Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Iv been getting kicked from games left right and center lately which keeps dropping my skill level it's happening at least 3 times every day wtf's going on with the server's :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Too many people on them id imagine. The problem with dedicated servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just wondering if anyone else has any problems playing the Port Valdez map on rush. I seem to rarely get it when playing rush but when i do, if my team isnt beaten early then i usually find i'm dropped from the game or if that does'nt happen then sometimes the screen freezes up at some point.

It never seems to happen with the other maps.

Anyone else have problems with this map?

Just wondering if anyone else has any problems playing the Port Valdez map on rush. I seem to rarely get it when playing rush but when i do, if my team isnt beaten early then i usually find i'm dropped from the game or if that does'nt happen then sometimes the screen freezes up at some point.

It never seems to happen with the other maps.

Anyone else have problems with this map?

No but I was having savage problems with Valpariso on Onslaught. Kept getting dropped out of games and couldn't hit a thing. Servers really ******* me off atm

Anyone try the new map pack yet?

I played both although i only played Port Valdez conquest once. I've played the Atacama desert rush map a couple of times on the attacking side. Both times we could'nt get past the second area which is amongst all the containers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

played conquest on port valdez last night

didnt notice bf download any new mappack and i didnt buy anything!

has a new mounted minigun, looks like it cud mince an apache, also has a new jeep with a gun and grenade launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Anyone try the new map pack yet?

Atacama map in amazing in Rush mode. Didn't get to the last stage defending or attacking yet, but the map is recon heaven!

positron wrote: »
    Atacama map in amazing in Rush mode. Didn't get to the last stage defending or attacking yet, but the map is recon heaven!

After completing the first area the windows of the houses overlooking the second area make a great sniping point. A lot of the Defenders crowd around the ruined ship and are easy to pick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Great a map full of Recon that think they are Snipers :rolleyes:

But if your defending , the tree thats on the right of the 1st phase makes a great "Recon" spot .
    Just jump from the edge into the tree and you are over looking the attackers spawn .

So please use mortar to take out the Heli ! ...dont just sit there looking for your 2 kills

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I'm not really getting kicked from matches but my screen is constantly freezing on certain maps and while playing Onslaught I put an absolute ENTIRE clip into a medic at close range and he didn't die - it was on easy and the AI has alot less health than normal players so what the hell is going on ??

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I'm not really getting kicked from matches but my screen is constantly freezing on certain maps and while playing Onslaught I put an absolute ENTIRE clip into a medic at close range and he didn't die - it was on easy and the AI has alot less health than normal players so what the hell is going on ??

It's some kind of weird lag I suspect because it's happened me(at important times) where I can't hit anything but teammates can. Frustrating

Actually i was having problems with lag as well tonight though i assumed it was my internet connection.

It seemed to get worse as i played so i just turned it off.

I switched to a wired connection and the lag seem's to be gone so happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

i experience zero lag playing online 2mb connection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

no lag for me, lucky I guess. Loving conquest on Port Valdez, engineer + mines = kaboom. although I'm not sure what smg i like the best, think i'll just stick to the M14 mod0

playing while drunk = 2 kills-31 deaths :mad: never again. I thought i was getting bad lag when an enemy I was shooting wouldn't die turns out it was a team mate retarded or what .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The conquest maps with helicopters are really starting to irritate me. After about a minute of the match theres a guy from the other team in your base in one of your tanks blowing everything up waiting to steal your teams heli.

playing while drunk = 2 kills-31 deaths :mad: never again. I thought i was getting bad lag when an enemy I was shooting wouldn't die turns out it was a team mate retarded or what .

I agree ,but playing whilst pissed can be fun aswell .
    I once came home from a 40th well cut and decided to have a game , I swear to God I got the shot of my life ... When pissed (Recon) I blind fired a UAV .
    Don't ask but it flew past at speed (low) and I was to pissed to scope in time , pulled trigger , boom vehicle destroyed :)

not all bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just about to buy this & noticed is out on PS3 Platinum collection....

is there any difference between the the original release & the Platinum version - apart from it being way cheaper !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No the Platinum games will only ever have a few patchs installed already only the game of the years usually have extra stuff.

• Advertisement

I've seen you play........... I bet you weren't drunk when you got that score!

How does a game go platinum anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

theShawzer wrote: »
    I've seen you play........... I bet you weren't drunk when you got that score!

How does a game go platinum anyway?

Assume someone just decides too, it just a marketing move Sony may have some requirements that the original game needed to meet on sales but i don't know.

Varik wrote: »
    Assume someone just decides too, it just a marketing move Sony may have some requirements that the original game needed to meet on sales but i don't know.

I think they have to sell a million copies or some high figure like that.

EGriff wrote: »
    The conquest maps with helicopters are really starting to irritate me. After about a minute of the match theres a guy from the other team in your base in one of your tanks blowing everything up waiting to steal your teams heli.

Agree. Some very good chopper pilots out there just goes on annihilating anything and everything. The only way to bring them down is to using Tracer darts - again works better if you are in a team where one plants the tracer while another is ready with RPG or AT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Taking Choppers out with Darts is my specialty. Really like the Atacama Desert Rush mode now but I have to say the best mode in the game is Conquest on Arica harbor. Thats what I mostly play now, esp while I'm trying to get my 500 shotty kills.

RAIN wrote: »
    Taking Choppers out with Darts is my specialty. Really like the Atacama Desert Rush mode now but I have to say the best mode in the game is Conquest on Arica harbor. Thats what I mostly play now, esp while I'm trying to get my 500 shotty kills.

Must start playing Conquest ..Im addicted to rush , have a few great tricks that work everytime .

RAIN wrote: »
    the best mode in the game is Conquest on Arica harbor. Thats what I mostly play now

How do you pick a map specifically? I keep getting all maps in rotation, and I didn't know I could pick one specific map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

I really lost interest in this even though it was a great game!

Did this happen to anyone else? I think im gonna have a game of it now for the craic!

dunnaman93 wrote: »
    I really lost interest in this even though it was a great game!

Did this happen to anyone else? I think im gonna have a game of it now for the craic!

I got a bit like that but then started trying different things/aspects that the game offers .e.g) Tanks , Helis or anything I wouldn't usually go for .
    It gave me a new interest and i am now back to playing my regular way , and loving it again .
    Only one downside is I usually go lone wolf now (and succeed ) , unless I have 2 other mics on my squad then there is no point .
    Playing rush I usually set and blow at least a min of 4 MCOM 'S.

One trick that works great is on the second phase Arica Harbour .. Alpha MCOM is behind the shutter (Garage) .
    Rush from the left at the start and run down to the Anti Tank rocket launcher , located on the top floor of the building overlooking the street (LHS)
    You then can launch rockets from the top level right into Alpha . 5 good hits and booommm its blown .
    If your not noticed then make a start on BRAVO , take out the back left corner of the building its situated in , you will then be able to get direct hits onto the MCOM .
    Defenders are usually busy running up the hill to defend .

• Advertisement

Who would have thought you could ride a UAV?!! Not very useful but fun nonetheless.

Advertisement