Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

does anybody else out there think that "grift" and "drop" are the same person? I used to but now I am having my doubts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

They are not the same and will never will be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

The markers im talking about give the same effect as boot polish heads on boot polish markers. They sumtimes use it to write on windows because its easy to wipe off windows but not other surfaces

Are you sure that is not etch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think if you add a sachet of coffee granuals before it comes to the boil and let it simmer for a while it tastes so much better.

• Advertisement

I agree. So anyone got any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

grift is seriously the most impressive in my view... absolutely everywhere!! otto is another, alot of places tagged. very impressive. but i understand it must be a way of life, how long would it take to tag all those places!?! and dont even mention some of the pieces! grift has one on an old school off the N11 thats being knocked down for the "grange" housing estate... shame really... edit: it's actually rca and icn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 YoBa

hey there, have been reading the thread for a while but this is my first post. I dont write myself but I think graffiti is savage. I'm a video editor with a keen interest in photography, and whenever i go abroad i look out for good graffiti and take stills. Ive photographed it in Barcelona, Paris and Gdansk (poland). And obviously Dublin. Im getting a proposal together for a documentary on graffiti in ireland. I found this thread at the beginning of my research, and it was deadly reading it from start to finish! Theres a couple of characters who I'd be really interested in tlking to if they were willing, although i suspect that some people might not like the idea of a documentary being made. Anyway, if anyone fancies sharing their thoughts with me itd be great to hear from you.

Well if you have read the forum I own then you will understand what I think. It would be great to see a graffiti documentry. Do you know when it will be done?

I heard the finished effects are being put on at the moment and it's due to hit cinemas in August.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

u seruos....souds good

Yeah, it's going to be really good. I managed to get a bootleg copy. It's got the Grift interview before they blur his face and made his voice deep so you couldn't recognise him. Or should I say her!!!!!!

Documentary on graffiti sounds good, anyone think its gonna increase people thinking that since they've seen the doc, that they know all there is about graffiti ! Might start a new style of graffiti with builder paint ! :cool:
    No, I don't think it will make people think that. People already use builders paint as you call it. Look up Revs and Amaze and you'll see.

Why did you delete your post? Hmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Milk has the same stuff plastered around dublin.Fair be it alright stuff. Milks characters are not too bad either.UEK's face is my fave tbh.Ive been tagging for quite a bit now.I feel Ive gotten alot better.Not better than most of the lads such as FOES or CIST, but its rather crew worthy.
    Dublins graffitti is extremely prosperous and is definatly getting more and more attention from media.With this comes toy tags etc, which are unbelievably terrible.
    The best taggers Ive seen must be FOES,PHEK,and alot of the UEK fellas.

Dathai wrote:
    Milk has the same stuff plastered around dublin.Fair be it alright stuff. Milks characters are not too bad either.UEK's face is my fave tbh.Ive been tagging for quite a bit now.I feel Ive gotten alot better.Not better than most of the lads such as FOES or CIST, but its rather crew worthy.
    Dublins graffitti is extremely prosperous and is definatly getting more and more attention from media.With this comes toy tags etc, which are unbelievably terrible.
    The best taggers Ive seen must be FOES,PHEK,and alot of the UEK fellas.
    foes is a crew...maybe u know dat but da way ya wrote doesn sound like ya do..... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 YoBa

i havent submitted a proposal for it yet so no,it wont be in cinemas by august! although the response was pretty humourous. it would be deadly to track down grift if anyone knows him, and thinks he'd be interested. although he might have to go into hiding once people see his face (to protect himself from the fans)
    seriously though, anyone who writes- would love to chat to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

wow, how deep...you obviously know so much about graffiti

Banksy is not graffiti mate. So his statement says nothing about graff in Ireland

• Advertisement

yes i agree dats says notin bout graff in ireland

What the hell are you talking about mate?

smois wrote:
    foes is a crew...maybe u know dat but da way ya wrote doesn sound like ya do..... :D:D

Actually I figured FOES was a tagger seeing as I was watching as he did a piece outside Allcity, seen his tag foes, foesuek and I basically gathered that seeing as uek was with foes it was his tag. I rarely, if ever see two crews tags together though.If FOES is a crew, then what does it stand for?

That was Kube and He ment Kube friends All city and Foes Uek is seen mainly were permission is sough to paint, Hense them the meanning Friends/Foes Uek. It is person nore kru.

Well the guy that did the piece has some skill anyways. Oh and Djddd1 whats your tag?

Foes started off meaing F*uck Off, just FO. Then it became plural, sort of like FOs. Originnated by Dice and Trie.

Yes Kube has alot of skill. I don't write. What do you write? But Fx I was told it meant Friends. *Plese note I'm not say it does'nt mean that aswell.

Some pictures: All by Risk.
    Chrispicture1.JPG
    Chrispicture2.JPG
    Chrispicture3.JPG
    Chrispicture4.JPG
    Restoneuekkru2002.JPG
    Risk and Rest under it.
    Risc1.JPG

nice :D:D

• Advertisement

Im not particularly a writer.I havent tagged much nor done pieces, unless practice type ones, or just something I wanted to try out.I mainly put up stickers and stuff around the city.Im Sarin, aka SarinBArsin.I havent hit many places but I havent really tried.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement