Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove nVidia firewall

Options
  • 23-07-2006 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I built a rig for my dad's friend a while ago.
    Figures that he'd get spyware after connecting to the net :p

Anyway, he can't update his anti-virus software because I had foolishly installed & then wrongly (if even) uninstalled the nVidia (nForce4) firewall.
    So all files which are downloaded come up corrupted.

So, I need to know, what's the best way to get rid of all nVidia bits, short of a re-install.
    Thanks

(ps: sry, I know this came up a short while ago, but I can't find the thread)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Personally, I'd just reinstall it but disable it. I've never had problems with it and downloading files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It should be un-installable through the add/remove in the control panel, you may see an NVIDIA drivers entry when clicked on that you will be given a choice of what NVIDIA components to remove so choose the NAM (Network Access Manager) and after the reboot it should be gone.

Advertisement