Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheapest place to get left4dead?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I believe it's locked to his steam account now so anyone else using it would be pointless.

Ah!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ah!
    I still wouldn't leave it up just to be on the safe side but I doubt anyone would be able to use it on him once he has added it to his steam account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Curses! It's showing up as out of stock. Says new orders will be served from today around 20.00 CET, though that was an hour ago and no sign of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Might not be such a good idea to put up you cd key :confused:
    I believe it's locked to his steam account now so anyone else using it would be pointless.
    I still wouldn't leave it up just to be on the safe side but I doubt anyone would be able to use it on him once he has added it to his steam account.

WIN23 - FAK3Y - D0N07 - B073R ?

Any suggestion that this is my actual key is an outright fabrication.

WIN23 - FAKE KEY - DO NOT - BOTHER ! ;)

... sound advice, though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

:D Didn't notice that. Just got an email of them there saying they are getting their keys in tomorrow at 8 CET.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having problems paying?
    It takes me through Paypal, I enter my details, then just end up back at the order screen again.
    Paypal logs show no payment taken, and the order shows as unpaid.
    From the message on the main page, looks like they were havin gPaypal issues, though it says this is now fixed.
    Is it just my Paypal messed up, or is anyone else having the same problem?

Doh! My fault (ish) - when you come back from Paypal it's to a similar screen to what you were on, but there's a button in the bottom right in Polish, if you click that the transaction goes through.

Didn't get a second e-mail with the code yet, but shortly after I clicked on the 'confirm order' link in the first e-mail, I clicked on the 'view order' link, and the code was there on the website.

Worked fine with Steam, dl'ing now. Thanks for the tip!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

i got it off my cousin for free, the nice chap goes by the name of skullptura

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Grimebox wrote: »
    i got it off my cousin for free, the nice chap goes by the name of skullptura

Hes my cousin too? :eek: gets me free movies too, Don't know how he does it...:rolleyes:

I got my key earlier and I added it to my steam account with no problems. Haven't downloaded it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GAME are selling the 360 version for €40 now, picked it up yesterday.

I got my key earlier and I added it to my steam account with no problems. Haven't downloaded it yet.

Took about 70-80 minutes, only had time to play through one scene, but no issues.

Apart from slight difficulty sleeping afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

G2PLAY not working for me..
    Goes to google and say 'DNS Error'

FYI using google chrome.

Will try in Internet Explorer:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

ffs.. Anyone else having problem trying to access the site?
    http://g2play.pl/p/en/60/left+4+dead+steam+key.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

CutzEr wrote: »
    G2PLAY not working for me..

Me neither... was working early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Read on another forum that the site was launched a year ago today, maybe forgot to pay for 2nd years subscription ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I was just about to post that. According to a WHOIS they registered the site Feb 08, so could be the domain/hosting just expired and they hadn't renewed it. We'll see what happens, hopefully they aren't gone forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

koneko wrote: »
    I was just about to post that. According to a WHOIS they registered the site Feb 08, so could be the domain/hosting just expired and they hadn't renewed it. We'll see what happens, hopefully they aren't gone forever.

Translation = NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cough cough. toy city in longford. 20 euro.

Site seems to be back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Site is back. Got two messages from them:

Dear friends

As you might have noticed our website experienced major difficulties in the last few days. This was unfortnatley due to hardware issues by our hosting service provider. However we are now back again with all data restored.

Moreover we have enough Left 4 Dead on stock now at the same very good price! We are now working on delivering yourLeft 4 Dead reservations.

Best Regards

G2PLAY Team

g2playshop@gmail.com // www.g2play.net // tel.: +48 94 3424849

And another one where they gave me a 2nd Left4Dead key for free. Which was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That "G2Play" site is not legit. They are an unauthorized reseller selling retail keys without retail boxes. Valve have a stict policy in place when it comes to just selling game CD Keys - and those guys were operating under the radar up until a few weeks back when Valve became aware of them.

This occured a few years back with another site just selling CD Keys, and Valve region locked the CD Keys. If this occurs there is a chance that you will be unable to play the game if you are outside the "region" the CD Key was first originally allocated to.

Buyer beware, that is all I will say!:)

How does the region system work with Valve specifically, by individual country or region (ie Americas, EU, etc)?
    I suppose the keys may not be Polish originally, but either way would still be interesting to know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I am not sure what the exact regions are, however I do know that if you buy certain games in Russia off Buka who are the designated resellers, then if you try and use those CD Keys outside of the Russian region then you will receive the following error message:

"Steam Error: Game not available in your territory"

The problem was that Russian games are very cheap by our standards but actually priced accordingly to Russian standards, and thus people were just buying the CD keys off websites and then registering them to their Steam accounts and thus bypassing their actual designated reseller and getting the game very cheap.
    Question

When attempting to register my CD Key, I get the error message Steam Error: Game not available in your territory. What does this mean and what should I do?

Answer

You will receive this error message if you have purchased a regionally restricted copy of the game and attempt to use the game in a different region.

If you purchased a regionally restricted game and you do not live in that designated region, you must contact the seller for a refund.

Note: Regionally restricted games will be noted as such on their packaging.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-QFZC-2141

The problem is, who knows where the CD Keys those guys are selling came from. I mean, they have to be making a profit somehow so they must be getting them from a region where you can buy Left 4 Dead for an incredibly cheap price. I am guessing Valve have a DB of all CD Keys that indicate their designated regions across the globe. If they start to see a certain batch of CD Keys being assigned to Steam accounts all over the world instead of a specific region then they will be able to tell where the rogue reseller is.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I decided to risk it, got my key straight away, Steam recognised it, installing now. Just hope it doesn't get deactivated or anything in the future :pac:

Woo, weekend deal! 50% off

So if you want to get an official key instead of risking the previous site...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/ 22,49€

Advertisement