Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official new NTL BB Speeds

Options
  • 14-03-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

New packages for residential from the 1st of April

Broadband Speeds to suit all Internet Users

(1MB, 2MB, 3MB, 6MB)

6Mb from €39.99 - up to 100 times faster than standard dialup Internet

Low Cost, Untimed - Broadband Service from €19.99

Higher upload speeds available - up to 512kbps

Flat Monthly Fee, Free Modem, Free Installation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

SachaJ wrote:
    New packages for residential from the 1st of April

Broadband Speeds to suit all Internet Users

(1MB, 2MB, 3MB, 6MB)

6Mb from €39.99 - up to 100 times faster than standard dialup Internet

Low Cost, Untimed - Broadband Service from €19.99

Higher upload speeds available - up to 512kbps

Flat Monthly Fee, Free Modem, Free Installation

ahhh April foolls day !! Horray !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

April fools day or not, this kind of sh*t really gets on my tits :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

zoro wrote:
    April fools day or not, this kind of sh*t really gets on my tits :/

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

has anyone got a link to this information

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Drapper does, he told us first !

• Advertisement

SachaJ wrote:
    huh?
    Posts like that piss me off because they're in jest. But they should be a reality.
    Plus, every time I see one titled like that, a small amount of hope begins to build up inside me that maybe, just maybe, Ireland will finally see some real competition.

But no, it's just another f*cking retard trying to be funny.

zoro wrote:
    Posts like that piss me off because they're in jest. But they should be a reality.
    Plus, every time I see one titled like that, a small amount of hope begins to build up inside me that maybe, just maybe, Ireland will finally see some real competition.

who?

Drapper wrote:
    who?
    SachaJ

zoro wrote:

What I posted there came from a manager in NTL. An internal memo went around NTL this morning as far as I know.

SachaJ wrote:
    What I posted there came from a manager in NTL. An internal memo went around NTL this morning as far as I know.
    Well then lets hope that this time it's actually for real eh?

Like last year?

And the year before?

• Advertisement

zoro wrote:

Like last year?

And the year before?

**** sake. Trying to pass on a bit of info that people are falling over themselves trying to find out.

Don't think I deserved the abuse.

SachaJ wrote:
    **** sake. Trying to pass on a bit of info that people are falling over themselves trying to find out.

Don't think I deserved the abuse.

Well if the news does indeed lead to a similar statement from NTL, then I'll apologise without hesitation.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

zoro wrote:

Like last year?

And the year before?

Ehm, this time last year it went from 750k to 3m as predicted.

bk wrote:
    Ehm, this time last year it went from 750k to 3m as predicted.

there were also a massive amount of "omgomgomg, april foolz0rz!!!" threads too.

Having read the other NTL thread just now it would appear that this information has actually come about already, SachaJ was merely reposting it.

SachaJ: Apologies for the outburst - you did nothing to deserve it. *writes pm*

Zoro that digiweb still giving you trouble? your like a man on the edge!!

(my source was the same as SAchj)

Yeah - it's better than it was, but still unbearable.

zoro wrote:
    there were also a massive amount of "omgomgomg, april foolz0rz!!!" threads too.

Having read the other NTL thread just now it would appear that this information has actually come about already, SachaJ was merely reposting it.

SachaJ: Apologies for the outburst - you did nothing to deserve it. *writes pm*

No worries. Far more concerned right now by a game of Spider Solitaire thats been bugging me all lunch.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

1st of april? I thought drapper said tomorrow.

dlofnep wrote:
    1st of april? I thought drapper said tomorrow.

I think he did.

I just posted an email I got from a mate in NTL

SachaJ wrote:
    I think he did.

I just posted an email I got from a mate in NTL

the new speeds will apply to new customers from tomorrow and exisint will be phased in !

• Advertisement

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Astro1996

Drapper wrote:
    the new speeds will apply to new customers from tomorrow and exisint will be phased in !

thats made my day, got ntl bb in oct 01 but instead they decide to upgrade the people who have it a few days/weeks/months first...im going back to bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Drapper wrote:

Will the phasing begin from tomorrow too, or from 1st of April?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Dammit i got it installed last thursday,if i had waited a week then i could have the faster settings tomarrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I fairly pissed of that they didnt increase the cap.Whats this in the other thread that someone said last year that they upgraded the speed and then a few months later upgraded it againn?

CyberGhost wrote:
    Will the phasing begin from tomorrow too, or from 1st of April?

sorry but thats all the info I got from my contact! I'll post more info as I get it !!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Whats this in the other thread that someone said last year that they upgraded the speed and then a few months later upgraded it againn?

Originally the cap on the top product was 1GB per day. They increased it to 40GB a few months later. NTL seem to be pretty easy going with the caps anyway, I've never heard of anyone be charged for or kicked off NTL for going over a cap, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

bk wrote:
    Originally the cap on the top product was 1GB per day. They increased it to 40GB a few months later. NTL seem to be pretty easy going with the caps anyway, I've never heard of anyone be charged for or kicked off NTL for going over a cap, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I've heard of people being "politely requested" to stop they f*cking warezing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Phone.Book

Drapper wrote:
    sorry but thats all the info I got from my contact! I'll post more info as I get it !!

Is this the same contact that told you there would be a 10MB upgrade after Xmass?

Burn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Drapper wrote:

I'm getting mine installed this morning will i get the new speeds? Is there anyone who is a "New" customer on the new speeds yet?

Advertisement