Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Missing person

Options
  • 14-03-2006 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Hey-I though id just put this up here cos I know Humbert was in the bar on Friday and maybe some other boardies were too.I dont have a pic but there up around campus-well they are in the terrace.Thought it would be good to put up here as I think he's a UCD student and it would be good to get word out:

Richard Wellwood has been missing since the early hours of Saturday morning March 11th. His family are concerned regarding his whereabouts and are seeking help from the public in tracing him.

Richard came into the city centre from the UCD Students bar on the night of Friday 10th March with friends and went to Club M in Blooms Hotel.
    After the nightclub closed Richard became separated from his friends. Based on CCTV pictures he walked down Fleet St. onto Westmoreland St. and turned left towards O'Connell Bridge between 3:30 and 4am on Sat. 11th March.
    From this point we are asking for help in tracing his movements.
    Richard is approx 6'3" in height with brown hair and brown eyes. He was wearing blue jeans, white Nike runners and a grey hooded top with the hood pulled up.
    If anybody remembers seeing him at any stage that night or has seen him since then please could they contact Pearse St. Garda station on 01 6669000.
    Remember no matter how small you think the piece of information may be it could be of some assistance to the investigation so please call.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

A post in AH as well would get more eyeballs.

I hope he's found OK,and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

He would have been wearing a black and white Newcastle United jersey in the student bar and not a hoody i think. He was just wearing the jersey at college all day..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

James Caroll has sent an email to all the UCD accounts about it

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

God, there are three different missing persons posters up around campus and the south city centre at the moment. It would send a shiver up your spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

yea it's all very strange, I don't know the guy myself but I was talking to someone today who does and was with him in the student bar that night but cannot explain where he could have gotten to. Really hope he shows up safe and sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

humbert wrote:
    Really hope he shows up safe and sound.
    And so say all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Pip pip. I was in town, but I wasn't around at that time. I really wish I had been, if you know what I mean. I'd love to be able to help, it's so frustrating not to be able to do anything when his family must be going crazy with worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i wish hes found safe, as it would be a real horror for the family and friends:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Is there anything to say he would have bolted, or does it look sinister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Unfortunately they have just recovered his body. This news is only moments old so I don't know the circumstances.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thats terrible.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

I'll try and let you know what's happening but I don't want to hassle my friend who's good mates with him. He's been looking through CCTV footage all week and came in today to study to try to take his mind off it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I can only imagine what it is like for his friends. I don't know what I would do if it was my friend.
    R.I.P.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Oh dear - any word on what it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

thoughts with his family and friends. rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

That is tragic, I really had high hopes he would be ok. It's hard to believe something like this can happen. I hope the people closest to him can find some way to cope and get through it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's very sad when someone is so young. It's even sadder that whatever happened him happened when he was out enjoying himself with his mates like the rest of us.

I hope his family and friends well get through this some way ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

:( R.I.P.
    so sorry for his family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

That is so tragic. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with the lad and his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Unfortunately I just heard apparent confirmation on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

The worst thing about this is that we all have, or all will, at some point stagger out of the Student Bar and hop onto a bus into town, a little bit worse for wear.

It really could have been any of us.

Perhaps it's meaningful that on St Patrick's of all days, it sends us all the message maybe just to say 'no' to the last pint, and drink sensibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

The worst thing about this is that we all have, or all will, at some point stagger out of the Student Bar and hop onto a bus into town, a little bit worse for wear.

It really could have been any of us.

Perhaps it's meaningful that on St Patrick's of all days, it sends us all the message maybe just to say 'no' to the last pint, and drink sensibly.

Wiser words elude me. Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

May he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

It's really tragic. A friend of mine went to the funeral yesterday.

And although it sounds like good advice to "say no to the last pint", the reality of this is, that we all know this won't happen.

Perhaps, the wiser thing to do is to watch out more after each other. To take care friends have a way to get home safe. To not let people stray from the group. You always have the odd one who suddenly thinks he/she has to run away when totally drunk. Don't let them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My thoughts are with his family.

Guys, just a thought here - while the comments about drinking less and keeping a better eye on each other are valid and should be taken into serious consideration, they also imply a level of assumption about what happened in this situation that may not be accurate. What happened was a tragedy, and none of us really knows what exactly happened. Therefore maybe this thread should be used for the preservation of the memory of Richard Wellwood, and a seperate thread could be opened for pearls of wisdom about taking care of ourselves and others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Spot on Blush.

To be honest folks I think we should respectfully close this thread. It's a terrible tragedy and I'm sure all our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

R.I.P. Richard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement