Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Green Mayor of Galway elected

• 20-06-2006 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

See here

Great timing for Ó Brolcháin as his term will run all the way up to the general election. And being Lord Mayor of Dublin certainly seemed to lift John Gormley's profile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i wonder if this has anything to do with the 5 or 6 lads i just seen up town with their hair dyed green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

Maybe so. Were they around the City Council buildings?

New Green Mayor refuses official jag

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

M&#250 wrote: »
    Maybe so. Were they around the City Council buildings?

New Green Mayor refuses official jag
    “I probably will need a car to carry out my Mayoral duties but I think using a large petrol vehicle is sending out the wrong message. I will need to negotiate with the Council to ensure I am driving am environmentally friendly car with a low emission output.”
    The Mayoral Jag in Galway is the 2.7 diesel and apparently they're good for 40 mpg combined. Still, if the lad wants a Toyota Pious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Diaspora

I think he'd prefer Grealish's Dail seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Ohyeah

The first thing the new mayor of Galway City has done is refuse to officially open this Sunday’s Salthill Air Show because of his opposition to the Iraq War.:D
    Green Party Mayor Niall O’Brolcháin was invited by organisers to officially open the event, however he will participate in an anti-war event instead.:D

see Daily Ireland article here http://www.dailyireland.com/home.tvt?_ticket=SABDALOLO9M2TRRIVPNJ9NTHLZIZBHSJ7TRFOOTCCPVHAQM9CHVRG13EIOQNANSEANYBEGSGW4UUHONCN15DALNNOPRGUT4SSNNADYNWNKLAFUXFURUQCB99ANWR9LLGGGSG00QFIRYX34N1NZ&_scope=DailyIreland/Content/News&id=7871&opp=1

tell you the truth I have allot of respect for the man, and I don't vote Green and do not live in Galway. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Jackie laughlin

The Labour council members who should know better are boycotting the air show too. they'll join the new mayor in setting off balloons and later flying a kite. Oh, what great fun! Meanwhile the sane people of Galway who do not support the war in Iraq but who know how to enjoy themselves will watch the airshow. Imagine going into school and telling your mates that your Da brought you to see balloons rather than jets! These people devalue politics.

Jackie

I very much doubt that the sitting Labour TD would do things any differently given his outspoken stance in An Dail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Jackie laughlin

Then I'm glad he's not my Da!

Seriously, I would hope tha MDH would realise that the best use to which fighter aircraft can be put is making coloured circles of smoke in the sky and a whole not of great noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Robbo wrote:
    The Mayoral Jag in Galway is the 2.7 diesel and apparently they're good for 40 mpg combined. Still, if the lad wants a Toyota Pious...

he was on the last word on firday.... seemed to think he would need to plug the toyota into a power socket... seemed to have no idea what was going on there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

The Labour council members who should know better are boycotting the air show too. they'll join the new mayor in setting off balloons and later flying a kite. Oh, what great fun! Meanwhile the sane people of Galway who do not support the war in Iraq but who know how to enjoy themselves will watch the airshow. Imagine going into school and telling your mates that your Da brought you to see balloons rather than jets! These people devalue politics.

Yeah come back Charlie Haughey, Liam Lawlor and Ray Burke, all is forgiven.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah come back Charlie Haughey, Liam Lawlor and Ray Burke, all is forgiven

I hope you are not suggesting that they ever stopped being revered by most soldiers of destiny

Advertisement