Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Fisk speech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Excellent stuff, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

That was excellent, one of the best lectures about the middle east and modern day journalism i have ever heard. Well worth watching, very insightfull. Thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Even if you dont agree with some of the ideas that Robert Fisk comes out with,he's an excelent orator and debator and those are well worth watching-thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Thnks for that dave

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The idea that if you “ask the question why”, or explain, or just repeat any reasoning/motive, you must be “one of them” or a “sympathiser” is very much so present on this board, or at least it was when I was a regular here (the politics board).

Of course, it applies to any thing Northern Ireland related here, and Fisk’s thinking of journalists – generally – not ‘asking why’, or not been allowed to, can be applied to the Irish media and the north. But not asking why can be applied to everything from road deaths to street crime and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Thanks for that. ........Pity The Nation had a great effect on me in the early 90's and I'm half way through The Great war For Civilisation now..well recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm reading Pity the nation myself right now

Advertisement