Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What team do You support

Options
  • 27-08-2006 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭

As we head into a new season...tell me what team you support....

I'm a Packers fan.... always was ..always will be.... like the ethos of the team..the location...the general history... ..Dont hold out too much hope,especially with Favre on the decline and an inexperienced O-Line for the Pack this season..but hopefully we will get some good games and tough hard action.....Whats your team?? and your hopes for the new season????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tweeder 26

im a baltimore ravens,georga tech and a dublin rebels fan, this season i think the ravens can do ok if Mcnair can get the passing game going but i cant see us doing to much.I think next year we`ll be a superbowl contender for sure!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

pittsburgh steelers, and im not just a bandwagon jumper
    ive supported em since i got into nfl about 4 or 5 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

da Bears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Patriots and BC Eagles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I think it could be a very tight season... no outstanding teams....

Just watch the Cowboys..... not much heard about them..but i believe they will do well...have been out of the limelight recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I'm a patriots fan only caue I saw them when I was in the States. Haven't seen them since :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geoff_nfl

i support the green bay packers!!!! always have always will!!!!! i am a fan of brett favre even tho he declining, he has done so much for the packers over the years. the packers are lacking wr's for favre 2 hit other than driver who is alone!!!! anyway i hope we can make the playoffs (high hopes) well at least improve our run defence and give the other teams a go!!!!!!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Totally Tennessee Tycoons!!!

Are they a new team in the NFL????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

Green Bay Packers!! Yeah!! Legendary team with a legend at qb. If we can get off to a good start against the Bears at home ye never know with the pac! We were pretty unlucky the whole of last season losing quite a few games by 1,2 and 3 points and with little to no running game left.

Check out this link on Favre.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rnt63uPUy3Q

• Advertisement

Wow great vid... tks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Patriots fan, not a glory hole though, been a fan for 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Raiders.

Obviously it purely for the glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

As we head into a new season...tell me what team you support....

I'm a Packers fan.... always was ..always will be.... like the ethos of the team..the location...the general history.

Ditto. I've supported the Packers since I discovered Football in '82.

#4 still has a lot to give. I predict a return to the play-offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

Jets, ever since I lived in NY. Could be a very long season....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

San Diego Chargers (Natrom Means and Junior Seau are my favourite players ever) LT is probably the best player in the NFL at the moment

Notre Dame...because back in the day Super NBC channel used to show their games live which was awesome.

RuggieBear wrote:
    San Diego Chargers (Natrom Means and Junior Seau are my favourite players ever) LT is probably the best player in the NFL at the moment

Notre Dame...because back in the day Super NBC channel used to show their games live which was awesome.

Im happy Junior Seau joined the Patriots gives us that depth at linebacker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Im happy Junior Seau joined the Patriots gives us that depth at linebacker

tbh, i think he is too old and injury prone these days

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Are they a new team in the NFL????

I think he meant the Tennessee Titans, who used to be the Houston Oilers but moved to Tennessee about four or five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I am a Packers fan as well which seems to be popular throughout here :)

After playing some Madden decided to watch game in 95 and liked what I seen so decided I needed a team to support and decided whoever wins the game that was on I would support, Green Bay beat Tampa Bay (thank god) and so have been Packers fan ever since!
    This year not particulary confident although would be hard to get worse then last year, play offs would do me.

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    tbh, i think he is too old and injury prone these days

He is old and suffers with injury but with a lack of depth in the Patriots secondary and experience he will no doubt add good backup. Lets hope he stays injury free.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Baltimore Ravens, love a bitta defence, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, tho McNair instead of Boller at QB on offence this year should make more enjoyable viewing too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb9k6QYMve8

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Niners since I was a kid doing homework while football highlights was on Monday nights on RTE2. It does make attending a home game a bit expensive. :)

Notre Dame from when Screensport (old satellite channel) showed coverage of their home games.

And I usually pick another college team that I find interesting.... this year it's more of ND cos of Brady Quinn and Charlie Weiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Patriots - married into a New England family.

As for Seau, I don't know if he's going to be a back-up, if they play four LBs it could be him, Bruschi, Vrabel and Colvin. If he can't take a starter's role, it'd be either Beisel replacing him or Vrabel moving inside and Banta-Cain playing outside, I'm not sure either of those are appealing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I can see Seau being a starter, he looked good against washington.

On another note, anyone else watch PVN, well Patriots Today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Cincinnati Bengals here (woo first one posing here, could be the only person in Ireland :D )

Feel they could have gone a long way last year, ran the eventual SB winners close for much of the game without their first choice QB. Looks like Carson Palmer WILL be back for the opening game of the season, had a decent return in a pre season game a couple of days ago (9-of-14, 140 yds, 3 TD). Could go deep into the playoffs this year as long as half the team stays out of prison!
    However the AFC has got to be the toughest division in the league this year, Baltimore and Cleveland have improved and then the Steelers are there too.

Oh, and p.s. Chad Johnson has got to be the most entertaining player in the league. Can't wait for the big kickoff, the sky sports subscription gotta be reactivated soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Packers fan here.
    My cousin even took me to a game at Lambeau field in GreenBay Wisconsin in the heart of winter while t was snowing.
    It was the final game of the season and they played the Arizona Cardinals and hammered them to secure a place in the PlayOffs.
    Was deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

BizzyC wrote:
    On another note, anyone else watch PVN, well Patriots Today?

Haven't watched this, I listen to the podcast off the site though, it's pretty entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

My cousin even took me to a game at Lambeau field in GreenBay Wisconsin in the heart of winter while t was snowing.

Now thats what i'm talking about! :eek: Don't think it gets much better than a game at Lambeau and its snowing! (Always set the weather to snowing and at night in Madden) Its a dream of mine to see a game at Lambeau. Whats the best way to get tickets for a game ebay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Now thats what i'm talking about! :eek: Don't think it gets much better than a game at Lambeau and its snowing! (Always set the weather to snowing and at night in Madden) Its a dream of mine to see a game at Lambeau. Whats the best way to get tickets for a game ebay?

Rob a bank!

I'd have loved to be at a true Winter game in Lambeau while Favre is still around. But the cost of tickets on the market for Packers games is crazy. I've bought Niners tickets from a broker in the US before and their Packers prices are easilly at least double than those for anyone else. Demand is unbelievable... e.g. you sign your baby up for season tickets and they probably get them when they are 50 (read that in some magazine last year).

Advertisement