Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indo journalist is a texter

• 28-03-2007 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

Reading todays Indo online and had to laugh at the following,

"And the housing market is set to bear the brunt of the new-found gloom, with the number of people who in10d to buy a house this year at its lowest level for a decade."
    http://www.unison.ie/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1801174&issue_id=15417

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*shakes head* Charlie Weston is 16 and a half.

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Wow - that's pretty bizzare - you'd wonder how it slipped past the subs desk, or if it was intentional...

Well spotted - is it in the print edition too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I wonder do they have new style sheets in place? might have been replaced by the system - I saw this a while ago in the Herald:

netherlandsnm4.th.jpg

edit: sorry thats waay to small. Basically they had Matt Holland listed as Matt Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I saw that this morning allright - it actually appears twice in the piece. It also refers to borrowers "bat 10ing" down the hatches". The lazy metaphor aside, seeing this really disturbed me.

Was this genuine mistake or are we witnessing the beginning of a perverse new era of journalism where the mutilated language text-speak is acquiesced to cater for the younger generation and their superior spending power? - for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

can see the future of headlines now. down turn in the market turns into

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I think the biggest question is 'Why were you all reading thew indo in the first place?'. Surely not for its news content?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Sounds like a botched 'replace all' job to me.

Advertisement