Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The dart ,Howth ,most disgusting thing i've ever seen!

Options
  • 03-04-2007 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

On sunday myself, the wife and 4 year old son parked over at landsdowne road and got on the dart to Howth. On the way home the train had to wait at the terminus for 15 mins before departure. We got on, sat in empty seats (we were amonng the frist to get on). The were some travellers, mother, daughter and father already on there drinking cans of beer, the beer had been spilt all over the ground aswell. We movied as far away from them as we could, the smell was unbearable. The carriage we were in was still fairly empty. Next of all the daughter (she's in her late twenties I'd say) gets up, pulls down her jeans, and her underwear, squats and starts to urinate all over the place but mostly on the floor and some empty seats. i was in shock and felt disgusted. So i got off the train (still stationary) and told the ticket office guy about it and asked if he could contact someone. He laughed. The traveller went back to her seat and more people started to arrive. We were quite a bit away from them, everyone that got on after this had no idea the urine they were walking in wasn't just beer. The train departed and nearly everyone who got on tried to distant themselves from the travellers because they were now argung, but tragically though most people sat in the empty seats full of wet pee first before realising and moving. It was just unbvelieably disgusting. The 3 travellers were all overweight, unwashed,yellow teeth, foaming at the mouth.pouring beer into themselves while midly puking. I've never seen anything like it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

That is absolutely disgusting. How could the ticket guy just laugh though??

Word of caution though; how sure are you they were travellers cos other travellers might get upset with you if you go around talking about "disgusting travellers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

dame wrote:
    how sure are you they were travellers

Because they were on a train !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

hahaha, zing!

Pal wrote:
    Because they were on a train !

Good one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you had time to get off and talk to a ticket inspector why didn't you just get off and move to another carriage?

• Advertisement

Why did nobody warn the next person about to sit down "oh those seats are wet"?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

AnonoBoy wrote:
    If you had time to get off and talk to a ticket inspector why didn't you just get off and move to another carriage?

Yes, quit going on about those poor people who obviously just needed somewhere to pee. :rolleyes:

That is disgusting. The trains need more inspectors or some form of on board security staff. Too many people treat it like a moving playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

AnonoBoy wrote:
    Because burying your head in the sand isn't always the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

How is that burying your head in the sand? If they've told the inspector and he's not doing anything, short of a bit of vigilantism what is a person supposed to do?

How is that burying your head in the sand? If they've told the inspector and he's not doing anything, short of a bit of vigilantism what is a person supposed to do?

Is he not saying that the OP could just have gone to a different carriage and not gone to the inspector?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

dame wrote:
    Word of caution though; how sure are you they were travellers cos other travellers might get upset with you if you go around talking about "disgusting travellers".

I realised that when posting but they were travellers. I don't think that reflects on travellers, just society.

humanji wrote:
    Is he not saying that the OP could just have gone to a different carriage and not gone to the inspector?

Well we moved sufficnetly enough away from them..but yeah in hindsight I do wish that i had moved to another carriage.

dame wrote:

Yep I asked the same thing from my seat at the back. But honestly i think most thought people it was just beer and since after sitting they moved away they weren't there to tell the peolple who came afterwards.Also The windows were all open and the smell of urine was masked.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dame

Yep I asked the same thing from my seat at the back.

Eh... I think the poster meant you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I saw something similar last summer in Kensington High Street tube station, except it was a gorgeous looking Asian girl, very well dressed. She sat down next to myself and my boyfriend on the platform, and just pissed. It was disgusting. Its not always the travellers!

More needs to be done to ensure passengers safety and comfort on public transport. I have seen piss sloshing around on the floor on Dublin Buses. Its something that should be taken seriously if the government is going to try entice more people onto public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

dame wrote:

don't be silly, we all know travellers can't read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why didn't you ring the garda ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nightwish wrote:
    I saw something similar last summer in Kensington High Street tube station, except it was a gorgeous looking Asian girl, very well dressed. She sat down next to myself and my boyfriend on the platform, and just pissed. It was disgusting. Its not always the travellers!

Yeah, I actually saw some pretty similar stuff when in Japan, but it was mostly guys. Supposedly they don't really think of taking a piss in the street as anyway rude, whereas we'd go "Ugh!" and such.

Not that I condone that kind of thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Their heads should be caved in with a shovel. That's disgusting.

We had some drunken guys stop their car just outside our gate the other night. One went for a piss on the verge and then left two boxes of empty drinks cans there.

If it ever happens again will be taking their number plate and calling the guards.

Scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

They were just returning to the Northside, that sort of thing is par for the course over there.;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Believe it or not, OP, but I got onto the same carriage when that train reached Greystones. I was heading back towards Bray which is only a ten minute trip, but I was nearly sick when I realised it wasn't just beer sticking my feet to the floor. It was horrific. I assumed from the number of cans and "stickiness" that practically everone on the carriage must have been drinking. Obviously not quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I live in Howth. You regularly see scumbags, in their mid twenties and up, pissed of their skulls at 4pm on weekdays.
    I'm in favour of declassifying killing a scumbag to 18 months probation or so, tbh. Maybe community service, or does the killing count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Luckily for you OP, you don't live beside Croke Park.
    I've often had people going for a piss behind our wall on match day. (it's fairly high and concealed from the road)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've seen lots of men pissing on public streets late at weekends.
    Animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

They were just returning to the Northside, that sort of thing is par for the course over there.;)

Yep it was a Northsider alright.

A southsider wouldn't have wasted the opportunity and would've pinched a loaf out too...and probably belted out a verse of Irelands Call while doing it. :D;)

But sure if they were leaving Howth, they were heading towards the Southside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Living in Howth I can admit that a *HELL* of a lot of knackers and scumbags come out at the weekends and just sit on the beach drinking.

If you see something like that and the guy in the station does nothing ring the Gardai, im sure you know their number is 999, and make a complaint. As it is the gardai can easily arrest them on several offences such as Public Order, Drinking in public etc.

The guy in the station is not going to do much about it, in reality there is nothing he can do. I can tell you that those scumbags dont care about them and he is pretty powerless to do anything. Usually it is just the one guy sitting in the station aswell.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

stevejazzx wrote:
    On sunday myself, the wife and 4 year old son parked over at landsdowne road and got on the dart to Howth. On the way home the train had to wait at the terminus for 15 mins before departure. We got on, sat in empty seats (we were amonng the frist to get on). The were some travellers, mother, daughter and father already on there drinking cans of beer, the beer had been spilt all over the ground aswell. We movied as far away from them as we could, the smell was unbearable. The carriage we were in was still fairly empty. Next of all the daughter (she's in her late twenties I'd say) gets up, pulls down her jeans, and her underwear, squats and starts to urinate all over the place but mostly on the floor and some empty seats. i was in shock and felt disgusted. So i got off the train (still stationary) and told the ticket office guy about it and asked if he could contact someone. He laughed. The traveller went back to her seat and more people started to arrive. We were quite a bit away from them, everyone that got on after this had no idea the urine they were walking in wasn't just beer. The train departed and nearly everyone who got on tried to distant themselves from the travellers because they were now argung, but tragically though most people sat in the empty seats full of wet pee first before realising and moving. It was just unbvelieably disgusting. The 3 travellers were all overweight, unwashed,yellow teeth, foaming at the moth.pouring beer into themselves while midly puking. I've never seen anything like it.

pretty rank, but if it is the most disgusting thing you have ever seen then you need to get out more..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

copacetic wrote:
    pretty rank, but if it is the most disgusting thing you have ever seen then you need to get out more..

Yea, there were two gingers kissing a few seats up from me on the train home today. sounded like fish doing mouth to mouth.

Still, that's abominable and what makes my blood boil is that they can do it with such impunity.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

humbert wrote:
    Yea, there were two gingers kissing a few seats up from me on the train home today. sounded like fish doing mouth to mouth.

Still, that's abominable and what makes my blood boil is that they can do it with such impunity.

damn right, now that is disgusting. I hope you called the guards?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement