Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Won't somebody think of the Jelly Babies?

• 26-04-2007 8:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

33573026_8225a5a222.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screaming_jelly_babies

Screaming jelly babies

"Screaming jelly babies" is a chemistry demonstration which is practised in schools in the United Kingdom. It is often used at open evenings to demonstrate the more light-hearted side of secondary school science.

The experiment shows the amount of energy there is in a "jelly baby". Potassium chlorate is a very strong oxidizing agent that oxidizes the sugar in the jelly baby all at once.

When the experiment is performed, the jelly baby bursts into flames and makes a screaming sound. The smell of candy floss is also given off.

This is outrageous :eek: Surely the UN charter on Human Rights forbids this type of torture?

I have written to Cadbury Schweppes (owner of Cadbury Trebor Bassett) to ask are they aware of this practice and to enlist their support in the quest to end this torture.

I have found the following offending video. Some users may find the scenes depicted in this video too disturbing to view. If this fear this may be the case, I urge you not to watch.

Screaming Jelly Baby 'Experiment'

Join the fight and add your support.

All suggestions on how we can fight this are welcome.

Perhaps we should enlist BONO.jpg to front the campaign.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

hmmm this is very very odd....but why not!!! SAVE THE JELLY BABIES!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Stop it? You must be joking!

They have just found an alternative fuel that'll give us rocket cars!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Stop it? You must be joking!

They have just found an alternative fuel that'll give us rocket cars!!!

:eek: But at what cost, jellybabyocide?

FATHER_TED_Down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

This man:
    FATHER_TED_Bishop_Leonard_Brennan.jpg
    Says that they were never baptised so they have no soul anyway.

Are you or Len telling me that the Churches stance is that babies are born without a soul until bastisim? :p

Either way, this is all Len Brennan deserves....

71226288_4bed47b736.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Well Len.....how's the Son??

The Son Of God!

jebus4.gif
    Do the Jebus dance!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

This apparantly is a common phenomon! Check out the pay day thread!!! They reccomend the adopt a jelly baby programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

This is a serious issue i had almost considered posting it in the serious issue thread seriously.

If you want to know how much thses Jelly babies suffer ask yourself how many actually make it to adulthood i mean how often to you see a fully grown Jelly person or Personus Gelatinous. It is a very rare sight indeed to see a member of this group past infancy!

Their parents live in an undisclosed secret location often moving around to try to avoid the capture of their offspring although for most it is hopeless.

THere are even rumours that now there is a technique that has been perfected to clone Jelly babies in factories using the raw condiments of sugar and gelatine! Quite grotesque!

And these Jelly babies having no parents no caring soul are quite at the mercy of confectioners and other interested parties.

THIS MUST STOP!

ADOPT A JELLY BABY TODAY!

WRITE TO YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLER!

And now to add to this suffering they are being used in horrific experiments!

This is horrorfying!

STOP THE JELLYCIDE TODAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

The experiment shows the amount of energy there is in a "jelly baby". Potassium chlorate is a very strong oxidizing agent that oxidizes the sugar in the jelly baby all at once.

This happens to be the most humane form of execution.
    Scientific measurements of synaptic responses have clearly shown that jelly baby incineration is painless.
    I'm glad we live in an enlightened age where taffy machines are no longer a staple of the gallows.

taffy_machine_pink2.jpg
    http://www.catalinacandy.com/

Lou.M wrote:
    ask yourself how many actually make it to adulthood i mean how often to you see a fully grown Jelly person or Personus Gelatinous.

This is a very good point, and an eyeopener.

I am starting to believe that perhaps these jelly babies have been genetically modified to prevent/severely slow there rate of growth.

There is no way to know this/test this, because the infant jelly baby mortality rate is at 100% and always has been.

Matt Holck wrote:
    This happens to be the most humane form of execution.
    Scientific measurements of synaptic responses have clearly shown that jelly baby incineration is painless.
    I'm glad when live in an enlightened age where taffy machines are no longer a staple of the gallows.

taffy_machine_pink2.jpg
    http://www.catalinacandy.com/

Whether it is humane or not, is not the point (it doesn't look remotely humane to me).

Exactly why are these Jelly Babies been put to death?

They have commited no crime.

Been made of jelly is not a crime.

Been sugar coated, is not a crime. (otherwise you could be arrested for walking down the street while covered in sugar, there are no recorded instances of this.)

STOP THIS MADNESS NOW. SAVE THE JELLY BABIES

chew.gif

Nyum...

chew.gif

Nyum...

mmmm sacrilicious

homer5.gif
    drooling_homer.gif

We need to do more research we need evidence i am going to go undercover in a sweet factory as a piece of liqourice.

If i have the chance i will free whomever i can.

I may also ....erm... liberate some chocolate.

I will keep you posted.

Lou.m wrote:
    We need to do more research we need evidence i am going to go undercover in a sweet factory as a piece of liqourice.

If i have the chance i will free whomever i can.

I may also ....erm... liberate some chocolate.

I will keep you posted.

This is the type of CAN-DO thinking we need people.

Good luck brother Lou!!! GODSPEED!

Thank You i shall return victorious or...........:mad: or .... or not at all:(

Oh and its eh sister lou.

Although i think if we are to start a movement it should be called the BROTHERHOOD of the Jelly Babies for the sake simplicity.

Lou.m wrote:
    Thank You i shall return victorious or...........:mad: or .... or not at all:(

Oh and its eh sister lou.

Although i think if we are to start a movement it should be called the BROTHERHOOD of the Jelly Babies for the sake simplicity.

how bout The Safekeepers of the Jelly Babies™

You are a giver Lou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Jelly Babies = Sex in the mouth

The-Rigger wrote:
    how bout The Safekeepers of the Jelly Babies™

You are a giver Lou.

What about THE ANCIENT BROTHERHOOD OF THE SAFE KEEPERS OF THE JELLIUS BABIUS?

• Advertisement

Hmmmm

I believe i have been misinformed i always thought the act involving the word sex and mouth was something rather different.

But i am merely an innocent what do i know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

c8965f4bc5579c4f40e629cf7d2f27f8.jpg

Thaedydal wrote:
    c8965f4bc5579c4f40e629cf7d2f27f8.jpg

CLASSIC!!!

Although my goal is to bring the two gelatinous peoples together to unite them against the vile oppressor.

I believe you are thinking of oral sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

What the hell is the fricken deal with the jelly babies......i'm starting a ban jelly babies forum. Now

The Jelly Babies arent as innocent as you think. Here are some involved in an orgy:
    JELLY_BABIES.jpg

I have returned victorious !

In the late hours of last night i entered the dreaded domains of one of our leading candy manufacturers.

My God the horror. I mean did you know how many calories are in chocolate i do now.

I have learnt the secrets of the Jelly i now know all.

I am starting the Ancient secret order of the brotherhood of the safekeepers of the JELLIUS BABIUS.
    We are the way we are the only way. Have the knowledge we have the chocolate come follow us.

Did you know there are Jelly fish Jelly bears and Jelly everything there once was a Jelly world it seems!

Of course i have learnt many mysteries from the Jelly peoples and they taught me some of their most secret powers. (like how to stick to things for instance it involves bodily fluids though so i will not be trying it any time soon)

OF course inititiation will involves strange and secret practises. But when has it not. Brother Damo is correct Jelly orgies are an important part of the Jelly biological make up. However sweet manufactorers in order to control breeding have imposed a forced celibacy:eek: :eek: :eek: on the Jelly people !

Brother damos picture therefore is a rare sight of natural Jelly breeding such pictures are to be considered sacred from now on and any other pictures of Jelly sex must be posted!:p :p PLEASE NOTE ONLY JELLY SEX IS OF INTEREST TO US HUMAN SEX OR PICTURES INVOLVING HUMANS IN ANY WAY IS NOT!

We are starting our ancient and secret order now although like most secret orders is has been around since before time and has been passed down faithfully from generation to generation. And any one else who says otherwise is a ************. They have strayed from the true way.

Anyone wishing to join the order may do so anyone wishing to avoid us may do so too.

We will rule the world and have great influence over its leaders of course.

Have a nice day:)

A little known fact about the imposed Jelly Celebacy is because each bag of Jelly Babies leaves the factory with only two Jelly Babies inside it. Because of the imposed celebacy, they go wild, and by the time the bag reaches shop shelves, it is full of little jelly babies!

You think thats some sugary/powdery stuff that coats the jelly babies?
    Think again!

A little known fact about the imposed Jelly Celebacy is because each bag of Jelly Babies leaves the factory with only two Jelly Babies inside it. Because of the imposed celebacy, they go wild, and by the time the bag reaches shop shelves, it is full of little jelly babies!

Think again!

Brother Damo you are a legend a true expert i award you with one of the greatest honours our secret society has to offer i knight you Sir Damo el diablo ( you must now change your user name to said title or if you like you may keep it secret so you may mix without others feeling inferior and treating you differenlty now that you are Sir.)

• Advertisement

*kneels*

ARISE SIR DAMO EL DIABLO!

(Said in suitably haughty voice with great pathos and gravitas)

Thanks m'lady! :D

Feel free to lord it over all commoners in the world.:p

But not too much or they may come after us! Well not too much yet anyway we still need them.:D

Bah, we need no-one!

Agreed!!

Let The World Domination Begin!! Hahahahahhaha!

• Advertisement

Wait!!! we must first build our jelly army!

I am way ahead of you Sir Damo.

I am starting to collect packets of sugary warriors from today.

I am planning to see if left unharmed if Jelly Babies will indeed grow to be Jelly people.

If not we can just cover ourselves in sugar get some clubs and WHOA YEAH!

But first we plan to have every world leader under our influence to meet our demands.

Lou.m wrote:
    If not we can just cover ourselves in sugar get some clubs and WHOA YEAH!
    I'll be right over...
    But first we plan to have every world leader under our influence to meet our demands.
    ... damn...

Hey that is not to say the sugaring cannot start now!
    I mean we are a secret society and we must have secret strange rituals people expect things!

Ok... I'll grab the "ritual" gear and be right round... ;)

• Advertisement

And so the army of sugar begins.

Er... Which of my "Ritual gear" should I bring? I dunno which rituals you've got planned?

Erm the ancient rituals of Jellius tempius gelatinous.

Just bring what you have and we will improvise and call it ancient and anyone who does otherwise we shall taunt mercilessly.

Sounds like a plan... :D

Erm ..... yes a PLAN .... yes a ..... P... L.. A .. ..N (looks up dictionary) .. yes there was always a plan.

And soon we shall have a charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Think again!
    I will never be able to eat a jelly baby ever again :eek:
    Your plan is working :(

There there carol come join us...........

I found these while out for a walk, here is an artists impression of that moment. (He isn't much good, I won't be using him again.)

20060222-ten%20commandments.jpg

The 10 Jellymandments

1. We are the Jelly Babies, your god.

2. You shall not murder us.

3. You shall have no other gods, 'confectionery' related or not.

4. You shall not make yourself an idol (Lou.m, careful now, handing out Knighthoods?)

5. Do not take the name Jelly Baby/Jelly Babies/Jelly People/Jello/Gelatinous (etc, common sense) in vain.

6. Remember the sweets day (It was usually Saturday for most of us), keep it holy.

7. You shall not commit sexual acts with Jelly Babies. (This goes for everyone. (Damo, Kojak, Cian, I am keeping an eye on you specifically.)

8. You shall not bear false witness, i.e: Don't mix me us up with Gummi Bears, these are not the same thing, they are only a shower of no good bástards.

9. You shall steal, all Jelly babies, be them from factory or shop floor, but only for the purpose of freeing them.

10. Keep the 'Won't somebody think of the Jelly Babies' thread alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Lou.m wrote:
    There there carol come join us...........
    Well due to your plans of world domination, and secret sugaring rituals, I hereby proclaim my support of the Ancient secret order of the brotherhood of the safekeepers of the JELLIUS BABIUS
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

jellies have no set form
    morphing from human to donkey to bear ... ect.
    jellies never stop growing
    keep in mind that this gummy worm may have once been a cute little jelly baby

SANDWORMmouth.jpg
    not so cute anymore is it

• Advertisement
Advertisement