Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question re: Vista + PS2 -> USB adapter

Options
  • 02-11-2007 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm sure some of you on here have a play.com dual PS2 -> USB adapter. I'm thinking of installing Pro Evo 2008 on a new Vista machine - have any of you experienced problems with this adapter on Vista? Will the original driver disk do the job for Vista??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I don't know the answer but have you tried looking up the manufacturers website to see if they released vista drivers for the adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

hey ardent,
    is that the black one made by joytech? i'd imagine it does work as it worked with xp without installing new drivers. On another note i found that the blue ones on ebay or dealextreme.com were better as that one didn't respond too well to just tapping a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

witnessmenow - yeah that's the one. I seem to remember installing the drivers on XP, I'll give it a shot in any case.

Regarding the button tap problem, I thought that was a problem with the game! If I tap a button too lightly it doesn't register in the game (PES 6) - did you narrow this down to being the controller itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its not the controller, its the adapter. I have the same one, but i decided to buy a second one on ebay to give to a friend. The cheaper ebay one, although the build quality was no where near as good, preformed much better than the play.com one. You may end up buying more than one of these , i had to buy 2 anyways as one broke

This is it here
    look on ebay too you might get the same one cheaper but that dealextreme price is pretty good(approx E5 including delivary)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

Sorry, yeah that's what I mean to say - the adapter.

I just bought that adapter you mentioned from dealextreme.com - thanks for the tip. Talk about a bargain, less than a fiver including shipping!

• Advertisement
Advertisement