Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army AK47 discussion

Options
  • 13-11-2007 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

i was considering buying one of these but opted for an M4 A1 instead.

How does this compare with CYMA's ak?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

I'm interested in one too.. Any comments from owners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I find the Cyma slightly better quality, but later models of the Cyma are chronoing at 350+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Hey, my friend has the CYMA version, i had a few mags to unload on it and let me say its a real bit of kit, accuracy is brilliant and the weight is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looking at getting an Ak for some of the possie to use before they get their own kit. Also, I'd leke to try a terrorist style loadout, hey thats not a bad idea for a team.....

Anyway, is it worth the tenner for the Cyma then? I personally prefare black anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Looking at getting an Ak for some of the possie to use before they get their own kit. Also, I'd leke to try a terrorist style loadout, hey thats not a bad idea for a team.....

Anyway, is it worth the tenner for the Cyma then? I personally prefare black anyway...

Well as i stated in my previous the CYMA version is brilliant, couldnt find a fault in it myself, rof is great and accuracy is unreal, plus the black gives it a totally different look.
    Go for it.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Shiva wrote: »
    I find the Cyma slightly better quality, but later models of the Cyma are chronoing at 350+

Alot of clones seem to be doing that lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I really want, no NEED an AKS74U but all clones seem to be hot from what i see

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

One of these landed in my lap there a few weeks ago. Have to give it a clean re-shim and re-grease gearbox and put in some metal brushings for a friend. I presume it is a Ver. III mech box. Anybody taken one apart, any little tips for the selector? Heard clone AK's are difficult to reassemble and you can lose the use of single fire.

Another thing did anyone else notice the the wording on the box? Under the AK 47 bit it has " The World's First Mentally Retarded Rapper" WTF?!?!?!?:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,485 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

H.O.T.A.S. wrote: »
    Another thing did anyone else notice the the wording on the box? Under the AK 47 bit it has " The World's Firts Mentally Retarded Rapper" WTF?!?!?!?:confused::confused::confused:

?????????
    Picture or it didn't happen! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

o1s1n wrote: »
    ?????????

I can verify his claim :) Got two of them in my front room at home.

I've seen some pretty outlandish examples of Chinese marketing-speak, but I'd love to know how they came up with that one.

o1s1n wrote: »
    ?????????

I'll try get a picture for tomorrow. Seriously I'm not making this stuff up!

H.O.T.A.S. wrote: »
    Another thing did anyone else notice the the wording on the box? Under the AK 47 bit it has " The World's Firts Mentally Retarded Rapper" WTF?!?!?!?:confused::confused::confused:

I'm looking forward to this pic
    What a strange way to market an AK-47 lol:D:D

That's hilarious, so much so i may get one of these army ones from Tony to see it with my own eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I have a review thread someplace already posted.
    I still have not used the AEG.

In fact right now I just stuck a battery in
    it and dry fired it. Rate of fire does not sound high. And there
    is a smell coming from the motor but apparently this is normal
    on new AEG's (or new motors)

also single fire is not
    working!!! I just found out Now. It fires on auto no matter
    what position I put the selector switch in. Same
    happens on my Cyma MP5!

The Front barrel has a glossy finish which is not nice.
    The butt plate sometimes comes off as it slides open very
    easily. The stock needed tightening as you can see from the
    pic. Bit there is no gap now that the screw is tightened.

The wood effect is very good.
    The Magazine fits in flawlessly and easily.

Pics:
    ARMY-AK47-topcover.jpg
    Army-AK47-stock.jpg
    Army-AK47-sight.jpg
    ARMY-AK47-Selector.jpg
    Army-AK47r.jpg
    ARMY-AK47-magwell.jpg
    ARMY-AK47-l.jpg
    ARMY-AK47-handguard.jpg
    Army-AK47-Barrel.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

I've had one of these for a few months now. Firstly it has an excellent rate of fire. Certainly better than my Steyr or my G36C. If you want a fire hose that shoots BB's then get one of these. It's pretty accurate too. I was a little disappointed at how light it was when I first got it. I've found this to be an advantage in game though cause it's easier to lug around and fire. With this AK and a spare mag you're set for any scenario. I haven't had any issues with selecting single shot or auto on mine, it's always done exactly what it's told. I found the selector switch can come loose but it's easily fixed. Theres a cap on the switch, pop that off and give the screw a turn and it's fine again. The battery cover on the butt comes off easily when there's no battery in the gun but it's never happened with a battery installed. Having said that I have started using it in skirmishes with a piece of electrical tape over it to connect it to the butt, just in case. It'd be a shame to loose such a small but important piece. The box does indeed say 'The World First Mentally Disabled Rapper'. Another great example of Chinglish. Here's the photo to prove it... :D

DSC00426.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

regarding the terrorist loadout, im well on my way towards one ;)

ill be using my civi aug though

AK-47
    "The worlds first mentally disabled rapper"

Thats the most hilarious thing i've seen in a long while!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Zombie thread reborn!

I was looking for the fal comparison thread and came across this again,

I think its worth bumping this for the pic of the box alone :D

Eyecrazy.gif

Ya gotta love it, and crap i still haven't got one lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DaBizomb

I just found out about this discussion from a friend and I figured I'd fill you all in. It's not strictly a "chingrish" phrase, it's the tagline for a friend of ours. He used to be a singer in a band, going by the name "Heavy Metal Warrior" http://bighmw.com

He changed a few years ago to "AK47" and started doing ganster rap. The tagline was created by his producer because the guy is self proclaimed "half bald and mentally screwed." We couldn't understand how his tagline got ripped off, we think maybe somebody in China was searching "AK47" and came across his site and stole the phrasetagline without knowing what it means? Either way this is hilarious. Here's a picture of me hamming it up with him:

IMG_3937.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Hey, another poster put up a link to his site the other day: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55617051&postcount=3140

it's good to finally know where the tagline came from, but the mystery was kinda cool too :)

It's a bit like that episode of the simpsons where homer discovers he's mr. sparkle :)

mrsparkleorig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I was looking for a review of this AEG... and then... wow. Just wow.

Learn something new every day, eh?

Lol They are few and far between! I have one though, very happy with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think it would be worth anything to go into battle with the worlds first mentally disabled rapper.

Weightwise, fair enough, it's supposed to be light, but is it sturdy enough all the same?

Yeah it seems alright i wouldn't go beat nails with it though! lol i had to sort the stock just like bullets did though, 2 minute job no bother

Advertisement