Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry out of order

Options
  • 09-12-2007 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭

Tonight I posted a few posts on the after hours one of my posts Terry commented on my full stop starting at the beginning of a sentence(when this was clearly a typing error in formating).

I asked him not to be personal and thanked him fo the english lesson and to get his red pen out.He then proceeded to put a red letters in my text.As far I am concerned he broke two of the cardinal rules that other posters are supposed to observe .1 Do not get personal 2.Stay on thread.I found his actions as an attempted personal putdown and an abuse of his position .Preach but dont practice .If he has a personal issue with me or my postings say so to me by which ever means he wishes in the forum or private message .As far as I am concerned his attitude is out of order and antagonistic .Try some manners and civility ,it works wonders .
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

seriously though, why do you type like that?

it's weird looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    .Preach but dont practice .If he has a personal issue with me or my postings say so to me by which ever means he wishes in the forum or private message .As far as I am concerned his attitude is out of order and antagonistic .Try some manners and civility ,it works wonders .

Are you the same poster than spends most days blasting politicans over in Politics? I think we've had a debate or two
    Lol.....civility and manners :rolleyes:

Anyways I've quoted the above text.
    Why are you leaving a space to the full stop?
    I've seen some weird and wonderful attempts at posting but never this.
    Why do it? :confused:

Oh, edit your post to provide a link to the thread, it makes it easier for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

qua1j0eu6kageldfpxp6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

micmclo wrote: »
    Are you the same poster than spends most days blasting politicans over in Politics? I think we've had a debate or two
    Lol.....civility and manners :rolleyes:

Anyways I've quoted the above text.
    Why are you leaving a space to the full stop?
    I've seen some weird and wonderful attempts at posting but never this.
    Why do it? :confused:

Well at least I always try to be civil and mannerly in all my posts.I make no apology for blasting politicians . Live and learn .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Terry is infallible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'd just like to point out that I did point out that I also pointed the Op in the directiion of the help desk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tonight I posted a few posts on the after hours one of my posts Terry commented on my full stop starting at the beginning of a sentence(when this was clearly a typing error in formating).

I asked him not to be personal and thanked him fo the english lesson and to get his red pen out.He then proceeded to put a red letters in my text.As far I am concerned he broke two of the cardinal rules that other posters are supposed to observe .1 Do not get personal 2.Stay on thread.I found his actions as an attempted personal putdown and an abuse of his position .Preach but dont practice .If he has a personal issue with me or my postings say so to me by which ever means he wishes in the forum or private message .As far as I am concerned his attitude is out of order and antagonistic .Try some manners and civility ,it works wonders .
    Instead of bitching about it, why not take the advice on board and use correct grammar?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I just had a look at that thread and you really have nothing to complain about. Your 'style's is strange and Terry was asking you a relevant question. As for the whole red letters issue, that was in a quote and he DID NOT go back and edit your post. He was merely highlighting what was grammatically correct.

This whole thread is a non-issue and I didn't see his being personal at any point. Do you have some beef with Terry from somewhere else?

This thread would seem to be about stirring s*it for little reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

eo980 wrote: »
    I just had a look at that thread and you really have nothing to complain about. Your 'style's is strange and Terry was asking you a relevant question. As for the whole red letters issue, that was in a quote and he DID NOT go back and edit your post. He was merely highlighting what was grammatically correct.

This whole thread is a non-issue and I didn't see his being personal at any point. Do you have some beef with Terry from somewhere else?

This thread would seem to be about stirring s*it for little reason.

What are you doing here then ? Lost are you ? Thanks for the lecture.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"lecture."

awesome, 1 out of 3 ain't too bad. Baby steps, baby steps.

Far from it Sir. Many would agree that Feedback is by far the most entertaining forum. Oh and your very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Feedback is so boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

FranchisePlayer
    1. You made a mess of quoting me
    2. I was referring to the OP so I'm not sure why you think I was referring to you??

Far from it Sir. Many would agree that Feedback is by far the most entertaining forum. Oh and your very welcome.

Poor Terry must have a full time job correcting posters grammar and syntax.
    I have made point I hope, there is no need to be personal to posters unless they really are out of order.

Poor Terry must have a full time job correcting posters grammar and syntax.
    I have made point I hope, there is no need to be personal to posters unless they really are out of order.

But he wasn't being personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mr.Micro wrote:
    .As far as I am concerned his attitude is out of order and antagonistic .Try some manners and civility ,it works wonders .

Thank you for logging in ,Bossarky

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

But he wasn't being personal.

I have made my point ,I will hope in vain for an apology for the transgression,:D

Instead of bitching about it, why not take the advice on board and use correct grammar?

I will dumb it down for you in future .Lets start with A B C.

Seriously, did you take on board what he said? How hard can it be? The full stop button is next to the comma button ffs.

• Advertisement

Seriously, did you take on board what he said? How hard can it be? The full stop button is next to the comma button ffs.

Don't get drawn into a bitching match. The fact remains is there was nothing personal in Terry's post and despite the OP's insistence it won't make nothing into something.

Was that meant to be intelligent or witty ? Another lecturer on the Boards .A typing error for FFs. I have seen worse .

Was that meant to be intelligent or witty ? Another lecturer on the Boards .A typing error for FFs. I have seen worse .
    It's not a typing error if you do it on purpose.

Anyway, eo980 is right, not worth wasting my time over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Terry wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that I did point out that I also pointed the Op in the directiion of the help desk.

I take your point .Thank you for pointing that out.

Don't get drawn into a bitching match. The fact remains is there was nothing personal in Terry's post and despite the OP's insistence it won't make nothing into something.

I am not trying to make something out of nothing .His remark was off thread and he continued when he could and should have let it go,as a moderator,thus not adhering to the spirit of the forum .There was no need for it . I have made my point so I dont really care if people agree or not .

It's not a typing error if you do it on purpose.

Anyway, eo980 is right, not worth wasting my time over.

We need to work on your reasoning and logic as well .The mind boggles .Dont waste your time , please.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's called "feedback" ... you're giving some, you're getting some.

Honestly, you're completely over-reacting. I find your syntax and punctuation hard to follow, as I suspect do others ... I probably wouldn't have bothered pointing it out though. Maybe it irritated Terry more.

If you think his comments were sufficiently 'personal' to warrant a Feedback thread, you must spend most of your life wrapped in cotton wool.

And in case you haven't noticed, one of the mods posted here about a punctuation issue about 2 months ago, and got it wrong ... and he's still getting slagged about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

?What's the point of this thread again

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    ?What's the point of this thread again

Obviously no point .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

bASICALLY , tERRY CALLED A PUNCTUATION TROLL OUT.

iN THE HEEL OF THE HUNT, THE TROLL DENIED ALL CULPABILITY , THEREBY FURTHERING HIS IDIOCY.

tHAT IS ALL...

/I feel sick.

Advertisement