Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bareback

Options
  • 30-12-2007 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

As the title goes bareback, i have noticed that a lot of PI threads are on people having unprotected sex. In this day and age, with all the publicity about STI's and unwanted pregnancies i would expect the population to be educated.

Options 309 votes

I use protection(condoms, pill, all forms of contraception)
    0% 1 vote
    No protection, morning after pill
    84% 262 votes
    Couldn't care less
    5% 17 votes
    It's the girls job to sort herself
    9% 29 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lolwtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

MIN2511 wrote: »
    As the title goes bareback, i have noticed that a lot of PI threads are on people having unprotected sex. In this day and age, with all the publicity about STI's and unwanted pregnancies i would expect the population to be educated.

I am well educated (well, well self/parentally educated at least, given the state of some of my old teachers I wouldnt rate it all on the state)

However alcohol combined with the difficulty of putting one of the fcukers on at 3am overrules it on occasion.

Always remember this Rikki Lake episode years back (yeah, I know, dunno why I watched that crap :D ) some 17 year old dude who looked, sounded and acted like any of the characters from Dont Be a Menace to South Central. He was dragged on the show by his sisters after fathering his 3rd kid by a 3rd girl in as many years

Sister "You gotta stop this maan, its irresponsible, you dont even look after none a dem babies!"
    Kid "Aw come on gurl, yall just be playa hatin"

17 with 3 kids and the first of 14? You cant argue hes a playa :D

When Rikki asked why he didnt use protection he was honest

"aw cmon man, I be drunk man, and it dont even feel as good wit rubber man!"

Brutally honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Pretty fastidious about it actually. Would fucking hate to end up with some form of incurable knobrot, or worse, fatherhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I have never had unprotected sex, will always use a condom and 3 weeks out of 4 I am on the pill aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

you'd have to be crazy to have unproptected sex really.
    i mean, putting on a condom [being drunk is not an excuse not to] is way better than potential babies and diseases.

• Advertisement

re alcohol, the majority of people I know have done below:

Falling on your head is stupid
    Calling girls at 3am is stupid
    Throwing up is stupid
    Buying a massive amount of takeaway food at 3am is stupid
    Losing money or phones is stupid

Having kids or getting a dose of black banana is just another to add to the list. Sober you wouldnt dream of any of the above. Drunk and you couldnt give a ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

You have to use a rubber always. Even for oral.

As the rap goes: you gotta have protection for the erection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I play on a team with a guys who are a few years younger than me (18-24) and I'm shocked sometimes at their ignorance. Most don't use protection very often and talk openly about having bareback anal with their girlfriends when they don't have condoms. They said about avoiding pregnancy and I asked them "what about everything else" and they hadn't really a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Well I would be, to a point, with LuckyStar, both is probably the SAFEST way to go except for not having sex. I really don't think being drunk is an excuse not to use protection, as in the long run you could pay for it, with child support or a disease, but unfortunately I think that either being drunk or not having a condom available at the time would be the biggest case for this and not education.

I do understand though in longer term relationships going onto either one type of contraception for one reason or another. Full trust in your partners cleanliness and being disease free, not being BOTHERED to much if you (as a couple) get pregnant or well some people just cant wear condoms, hurts or whatever.

jdivision wrote: »
    I play on a team with a guys who are a few years younger than me (18-24) and I'm shocked sometimes at their ignorance. Most don't use protection very often and talk openly about having bareback anal with their girlfriends when they don't have condoms. They said about avoiding pregnancy and I asked them "what about everything else" and they hadn't really a clue.

Yes I'm the same - I work with people in that age bracket and they think that
    if you're on the pill you're ok. They don't remember when AIDS hit in the 80's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Try putting a johnny on before you go out!
    Problem solved!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

But we're forgetting that condoms are only 98% effective...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Educated by whom ?

The schools won't do it, and most parents won't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

obl wrote: »

And only if used properly.

It's not jsut the shower in PI that are idiots.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205580 - apparently, you only need them if you're not familiar enough with the other party... Plus, a link or two for cheaper condoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

obl, 98% is better than none.

I know a lot of people who have unprotected sex and when i broach the subject it gets like f*** off... A friend had a pregnancy scare recently, she freaked out and was under a lot of stress.
    For those minutes of pleasure which can cause you a life time of pain why would you not use a condom/protection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 The Dudette

This is the reason I am now almost 6 months pregnant. With my partner, thank God, but still, was a bit of a surprise you might say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah but if you were to wear 6 on top of each other then they're 99.9999999936% effective! I like those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I know a lot of people who have unprotected sex and when i broach the subject it gets like f*** off... A friend had a pregnancy scare recently, she freaked out and was under a lot of stress.
    For those minutes of pleasure which can cause you a life time of pain why would you not use a condom/protection?

Agreed. Unprotected sex hasn't entered my mind. Ever.
    but 350 million chances after unprotected sex equates to 7 million chances(on average) if you have protected sex. They should put that in the ad.

Nice to see a mature discussion in the After Hours forum for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Educated by whom ?

Fair enough... my college has stuff posted in SU and on all boards about STI's...
    There should be more education on it, it's a sensitive topic but one that should still be broached early on in life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 The Dudette

Do any schools in this country have the students take home a life like baby doll to look after? You know the ones they seem to always have in american highschools etc???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Do any schools in this country have the students take home a life like baby doll to look after? You know the ones they seem to always have in american highschools etc???

Nah; most schools feel it's more cost effective to allow them to bring home a real baby and drop out of overcrowded classes.

Seriously though, the sex education I got in school covered protection at least... Nobody else got the basics? Most schools do educate the teenagers (It's probably just a bit too late for a lot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

And not always pleasurable for both - you're right it's not worth it !

..... minutes of pleasure....

Plural? :confused:

Oh wait, Ive said too much.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fair enough... my college has stuff posted in SU and on all boards about STI's...
    There should be more education on it, it's a sensitive topic but one that should still be broached early on in life

Yes colleges do 'stuff' but not everyone goes to college and not everyone goes to the classes.

Any safer sex talks I ran in college always ended up turning into sex education classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Condoms always.

Meet a girl, start a relationship and go to the clinic together.
    No, it's not romantic, but it's better you are both checked out than both getting some sort of infection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

condoms a definately needed with new partners that you are unsure of but when it comes to long term partners, there are only around 2-3 days in every month that it is possible for a woman to become pregnant on, for roughly a week before and after a womans period it is relatively safe to have unprotected (from pregnancy at least) sex as she will only be fertile for the 3ish days 2 weeks after her period.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Educated by whom ?

really? that's kinda what i remember most religion and RSE classes to be about. alcohol=evil, drugs= worse, sex=horrific if you dont use condoms.

not to mention starting every thursday morning of 5th year hearing about STIs and how likely it was we would catch some...

tbh, sex without condom, just a huge huge no no for me, ive managed to enforce that one even when stociously drunk, but not for fear of STIs, so much as fear of pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Educated by whom ?

Schools won't do it?

We've been doing Sex Ed. since 2nd year. I'm in 6th now.

I could probably list the ingredients of the Pill by now. :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i finished secondry school about 3 years ago and we had been doing RSE "relationships & sex education" since 2nd year.,

Advertisement