Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Skypephone signing in problem

Options
  • 07-01-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem signing into Skype on this phone? I got it on Friday and worked grand til Saturday and since then havent been able to sign in. I topped up this morning for the first time, but it hasnt helped. I'm just getting a message saying " Currently unable to connect"

its slightly annoying

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fizzypie

Having similar trouble myself, going on my 3rd trip in 4 days to the 3 shop to sort it out...thinking of throwing in the towel as regards 3 - it's been problem after problem since i bought the phone on sunday and the same for my boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

my mom bought the fone a month ago and the skype is generally down during bad weather :mad:
    and for some reason it wont connect till u take out the battery for 5 - 10 sec :confused:
    dont know why but it works most times :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just as the last post said, if you pull the battery off the back for a few mins that sorts it. Also re seat the sim just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

The service seems a bit erratic.. Its great when it works but not enjoying the hassle on Skype at times. That said I haven't get the Unable to connect message since I got it working on Monday, but I have had to take the battery out again as it just wasnt signing in..

My girlfriend is having the same problems tho..
    She rang three and they told her she had to top up. Apparently she had bought the phone in August.. 3 months before it was even released and she hadnt topped up, even tho she had just topped up at the beginnning of January

All very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

im thinkn of buying two of those handsets as the girl in da shop said id get them for 179...but i forgot to ask her about reception...i live in an area where i don't get 3g coverage...only when i go n2 the next town..does that mean i can't use the skype or msn functions?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I can confirm that removing the battery for a few seconds when you can't log in usually seems to resolve the issue for some unknown reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Yeah, I'm having problems at the moment signing and getting the same network error of being unable to connect. Its that or it goes past signing in and then synchronises for about half an hour and nothing happens. Its interesting though that Iskoot on my p990i will work fine on the three network without the signin trouble. I'm starting to wonder is this a capacity or licensing issue - I would assume three have bought a certain amount of capacity from iskoot and they've sold more handsets than their current licensed setup can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Hmm I may have been wrong. My pervious skype password was quite long so I shortened it a bit. Skype signed in straight away. Thinking this was a fluke I switched it back to the original. Skype refused to sign in. Back to shortened password - skype worked flawlessly.

Hmm the mind boggles.

Advertisement