Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

idea for a little bit of fun

• 28-01-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

I was thinking it'd be interesting to do a little "brief" trick with yon cameras. Not a challenge per se, just everyone go away, and try to bring back a picture on a set theme or something.

Last time I suggested this, I suggested blue, cos I thought it was nice and vague. Now I'm going to be awkward.

I'm suggesting people go and take a salt and/or pepper cellar (doesn't matter what shape or style they are) and bring back a cool photograph of it/them. Total freedom in how you approach this.

Be thankful I didn't say "get a bottle of some sort of cosmetic and bring back a nice but innovate product shot". I may do that the next time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

47411321_9cc3bb8c57_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

^ Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭bradnailer

I'm cheating a "shot" I took a while back

23283CFCAF4B406BAEC067F83E822180-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

:D

Ryan says:
    oh dear.. I seem to have temporarily blinded myself in my left eye in the execution of Calina's salt & pepper challenge

Al says:
    LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Funnily enough, I took these two macros yesterday [granted there's no cellars present]:

2225111209_01ff9c7805.jpg

2223317397_7c2f878164.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

A little something i knocked up before christmas:

seasonings.jpg

I'll get my coat......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

man, I'm really pleased with this (apart from Ryan's eye, of course) (in the name of god what were you trying to do?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I processed this with one functioning eyeball.. Now I'm off to find the optrex.

2226891862_84d1191e4b.jpg

TJM, that's hugely impressive. Are you using an MP-E or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

TJM wrote: »

2225111209_01ff9c7805.jpg

niiiiiiice !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It looks like a comet tbh!

• Advertisement

or a gallstone...

rymus wrote: »
    or a gallstone...

me files away for future reference when considering what to inflict on yiz the next time I want to alleviate a little boredom.

although what makes me think I'm bored is a mystery since I have spent the past four hours trying to configure a website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Took this one ages ago:
    263327340_d7ca46ab65_m.jpg

Nothing to do with Salt or Pepper, but there you go.

woo webdesign. It's a device sent by Satan to inflict torturous pain and mental anguish on a select few in the population. That being said, I need to do some work on mine in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

salt n pepper! eh?

ok if i get a chance i'll see if theres some in the house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Took this while sitting in a bar in New York a couple of years ago. I knew it would come in handy some day! :D

1380574471_3bfb2f31e6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

in no way do I indorse or condone the use or abuse of salt or pepper – although pepper is pretty ok!! Salt is not so good!

:)

saltnpepper.jpg

damn...now the pressure is really on and I have no idea what to do with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

I think I'll have a go at this tomorrow... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Somebody had to do it, sorry

salt_n_pepa1.jpg

if you don't get it you are too old or too young

• Advertisement

I was waiting for that.. having already made a reference to them blogside > http://blog.rymus.net/2008/01/28/salt-n-peppa/

2231611240_f8fd0497c5.jpg

Like rymus I almost had a little altercation with the pepper as well.

The photo in the background is from Philippe Plisson, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Ah now that's just too clever indeed. Damn you all. And why do you have such interesting condiment dispensers?

I just like lighthouses, that's all.

Anyway I think it's a tough call between Ryan's and Fionn's. They are both far beyond what I expected when I posted this the other day.

that said, I wouldn't like Ryan's salt and pepper cellar. They look evil, both of them.

they are evil.. I made some pasta a while ago and after the look the white one gave me, I was too afraid to put salt onto it.

Too much salt is bad for you...whereas pepper on pasta can be very nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Just spotted this now :/ Is it all over?

No, if you've something to contribute, fire away. I was thinking of more possible ones since the salt and pepper drew a minimal amount of interest...

rats.. I thought you were all set to announce a winner and offer some kind of incredible prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ran downstairs, dumped some salt on the kitchen counter and took this

2258323827_01ed90c3e6_o.jpg

Last week I gave someone a pressie of "pig shaped" salt and pepper containers, they were really hilarious! I wish I saw this before I gave them away. Anyway, fastest photo setup ever, honestly only saw this just before I posted. If I didn't do it straight away I'd have forgotten about it.

Advertisement