Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas claims first fatality.

Options
  • 25-02-2008 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

The luas has claimed its first fatality, It was inevitable that this would happen sooner or later. I am quite surprised that it has not happened already with the amount of third party collisions it has had since it began service in 2004 http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0225/rta.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Yesterday I was talking to someone who was on this tram. She was heading to Tallaght and everyone we told to leave the tram after the incident. It's shocking to read that guy died.
    It sounded like the guy was trying to cross the tracks without leaving himself enough time.
    Sympathy to the man's family and my thoughts go out to the driver too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

People under estimate the speed of these things and also the fact that they cannot swerve to avoid any obstruction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

my sister was on the tram when it happened and she comforted the man after he had been hit. The tram was beeping at him and he didn't react. My sister said he was in slippers so I don't think it was someone trying to run past a tram or get across the road. It seemed like a disoriented person.

Very sad indeed, my thoughts are with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

comer_97 wrote: »
    my sister was on the tram when it happened and she comforted the man after he had been hit. The tram was beeping at him and he didn't react. My sister said he was in slippers so I don't think it was someone trying to run past a tram or get across the road. It seemed like a disoriented person.

Very sad indeed, my thoughts are with his family.

Jesus that sounds terrible. Poor fellow. :(

Advertisement