Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Super Channel

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well years ago probablya round 1990, on saturday about 8pm on saturdays and sundays there was a program which was set in the future. It was like X men except the good guys dressed up in iron type suits some of them could fly.

Anyone know the name???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sorry, It wasnt a cartoon. It had a judge dredd (the film) feel about it. Massive city but very dark.

I am a fan of voltron though!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bluscreendream

Hmmm... this rings a bell. Was it 'Amerika' by any chance? I remember it was quite dark and was set in the future in a police state type America.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SDooM wrote: »

I think that may be it, I cant access youtube in work, are there any clips?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd never heard of that before but just gave the first ep a watch. That's some production level for a childrens show. Wiki says it's $1 million per ep! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

was it blakes seven by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

No I'd say it's captain power alright.

He mentioned it being like the Judge Dredd film. The 'baddie' in this is called Lord Dredd. Might have been something lurking in the back of his mind.

SDooM wrote: »

Your my hero just watched the youtube clip and its it!

• Advertisement

Your my hero just watched the youtube clip and its it!

What can I say. I rock the eighties :D

I remember being addicted to that show way back in the day!

It was miles ahead of other programes of its type. Got canned really early, though.

I'm hoping i can get it on DVD/download!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Am I the only one who thinks that 'Captain Power' looks like a bit of a rip-off (albeit in live action form) of 'Centurions'?

Anyone else notice the similarities here? ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It has great retro value. Actually managed to make Anthea Turner look attractive.

Plus it introduced me to the "REAL" Ghostbusters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Am I the only one who thinks that 'Captain Power' looks like a bit of a rip-off (albeit in live action form) of 'Centurions'?

This is the one I thought of while reading this thread but could'nt remember the name :)

Defiantly a rip off from looking at it.

The Centurions look a lot easier to turn into toys with all the clip-on gear

Advertisement