Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

• 15-03-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

Hi All,
    First off respect to Falls for coming up with this idea. Thank you to all who have shown interest and have registered. The following should answer some of the questions been asked. I would also ask that the mods please if possible sticky this and the interest thread together so to avoid any confusion.

Payment
    Questions have been asked about Prepayment. To facilitate this, two payment options have been put in place. By PayPal or by Postal Order. Please note that if paying by PayPal the PayPal rate of 3.4% + .35c will apply and should be added to your payment. When you PM us for email details please specify which part of the event you want to pay for and we will let you know how the cost. To use either of these options, PM myself or Max Force for our postal address or email address for PayPal. Registration for the event will close at midnight on the 13th April or when 120 bookings are received and prepaid. No bookings will be taken after this time. The event itself, will take place on Saturday and Sunday the 26th and 27th April. The rates for the event are as follows.
    Saturday and Sunday(Own Equipment) €35
    Saturday and Sunday(Rental) €55
    Saturday Only (Own Equipment) €15
    Saturday Only (Rental) €35
    Sunday Only (Own Equipment) €25
    Sunday Only (Rental) €45
    You can arrive from 4pm onward on Saturday to give you a chance to set up tents and so on with the first games starting around 8pm.
    SAFETY
    1. There is to be no alcoholic drinks and or drugs consumed prior to or during the Saturday Night Games or at any time on Sunday. Anyone caught doing so will be dismissed from the site without refund.
    2. All Eye protection will be of the fully enclosed type. IE The totally encompass the eye with no gaps for BB's to fit through.Anyone found wearing non regulation eye-wear during or before a game will not be allowed to play until they obtain regulation eye-wear. You have plenty of time to sort this out so do not come down with bog standard safety glasses.
    3. There will be no firring of guns, dry firring or otherwise, in the safe area, car parks or camping area. Although the safe area will be marked, if you are not sure just ask.
    4. A chronograph will be on-site but part of G-TAC's Terms and Conditions are that the player acknowledges responsibility to ensure that their equipment is with in spec. Random checks of guns will be done before and after games. Anyone not sure that their gun is firring with in spec can have it checked. Anybody found using an out of spec gun will be dismissed from the site without refund and be reported to the IAA.
    5. Due to the high amount of participants expected, it may be necessary to have 2 or 3 games going at once, but every attempt will be made to keep periods of non play to a minimum.
    6. Please read the G-TAC Terms and Conditions and print out, read and sign the G-TAC Waiver of Liability form prior to arrival at the site. All players must sign the Waiver prior to to been allowed to play.
    7. The age for playing at G-TAC is
    12-14 Only accompanied by a playing parent or guardian
    14-16 Only with Parental Consent and accompanied by a verifiable telephone number.
    CAMPING
    An area of land has been set aside for camping. There will be running water and toilet facilities.
    FOOD
    Food will be available for purchase at the site. We will let let you know when this is finalised.
    GAMES We have a long list of games but if anyone has any suggestions we would love to hear them.

Finally I just want to finish by saying, that this is a huge event. We all hope that it brings Irish Airsoft forward and shows us in a new light and that it is the first of many. We hope it goes off with out a hitch, but for this to happen we need everyones cooperation. Our hope is that all borders and team constraints can be dropped so that all airsofters old and new can learn from each other. Please feel free to contact either my self or Martin if you have any further questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Looking forward to this, it's gonna be a good weekend.
    Prices are fairly reasonable too

For anyone paying by paypal, this tool will calculate the amount to send including fees etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

night games cool,

is the no alcohol rule apply to all or just those taking part in the night games

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Gatling wrote: »
    night games cool,

is the no alcohol rule apply to all or just those taking part in the night games

I knew it would be you:D We have no problem with a few bevy's after the games have ended for those playing but AIrsoft and alcohol don't mix. The plan would be to either have a few tins around a campfire or am looking at the cost of a bus to go into Portumna for a few hours. The landowner drives a bus every so often and he reckons it wouldn't be to much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

looks like a great day out., sorry i cant fully comit to it yet but im very interested in getting to this.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Seeing as how I will be down on-site tomorrow, any chance I can prepay then?

• Advertisement

sci-ops wrote: »
    Seeing as how I will be down on-site tomorrow, any chance I can prepay then?

Of course you can. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Talk then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

4pm start on saturday? I thought everyone was heading out on the Friday so that we get two full days of skirmishing?

Night game? I really should pay more attention as that's the first I've heard of this.

Oh, and for game scenarios:
    http://churchofairsoft.freehostia.com/games.html
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

MaxForce wrote: »
    I knew it would be you:D .

:):) has to one thats asks a silly question,
    if you need a marshall for any of the days let me know and il give ya'a a dig out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

whats the date

4pm start on saturday? I thought everyone was heading out on the Friday so that we get two full days of skirmishing?

Night game? I really should pay more attention as that's the first I've heard of this.

Oh, and for game scenarios:
    http://churchofairsoft.freehostia.com/games.html
    :D

Well I thought the night games would be a nice touch, especially for those who wanted to camp out. I thought Saturday and Sunday was the best way to go as it will give the guys and girls who have to work weekends the chance to be able to get there on the Saturday for the night games and then play all day Sunday as well. Due to the amount of work that is needed it really was not feasible to run full days on both Saturday and Sunday so this is is the compromise.

Thanks for the link. Will be using that.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    :):) has to one thats asks a silly question,
    if you need a marshall for any of the days let me know and il give ya'a a dig out

Cheers. Might take you up on that.

weeder wrote: »
    whats the date

Saturday and Sunday 26th and 27th April. If you are coming you need to register your interest in the interest thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Mr and Mrs Maxforce, a question or two:
    What's the situation with parking? I guess it should have gone into the original interest poll, but I take it there's enough parking space for everyone near to the camping?

Bio-degradable bbs or regular ammo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'd like to wish you the best of luck with this event. Unfortunately I've prior commitments otherwise I would be there. I hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Would it be possible to pay by Bank Transfer Maxforce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

That sounds like some weekend. I would love to go but the affliction that I call work will be striking me down that weekend. I hope it goes well for you all. Well done for organising it.

zero19 wrote: »
    Also is there an additional charge for staying the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Also are the tents included in the prices?

Your out for a laugh! aren't you?

iceage wrote: »
    Your out for a laugh! aren't you?
    Lol no just making sure you haven't to pay extra for staying the night there :D i'll have to edit that question to make more sense lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

I CANNOT wait for this. First (official) skirmish and it starts with a night game! Brilliant! This is a team event isnt it? As in a limited number per team? Will we be assigned teams when we get there for ppl that don't have their own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You mentioned that you'd like to hear any suggestions for games,

well,

Id love to try a pistol only game, one life job, to get things started maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If its agreed could we have one or two milsim games. Limited ammo and squad formations.

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Mr and Mrs Maxforce, a question or two:
    What's the situation with parking? I guess it should have gone into the original interest poll, but I take it there's enough parking space for everyone near to the camping?

Bio-degradable bbs or regular ammo?

The land owner has no prefernece to BB type.

There is loads of parking on site, would probably fit about 100 cars. The main parking area is about a two minuet walk from the camp ground and the camp ground is located inbetween the car park and the main battle area.

No. Only methods offered are PayPal and postal order.

Also is there an additional charge for staying the night?

The charge for the night and day game is €35 if you come equipped and €55 if you don't. This includes the provision of camping facilities.

NMC wrote: »
    I CANNOT wait for this. First (official) skirmish and it starts with a night game! Brilliant! This is a team event isnt it? As in a limited number per team? Will we be assigned teams when we get there for ppl that don't have their own?

The idea of this event was that everyone plays to gether. No Dublin Vs Galway or Cork Vs Sligo. We have no problem with teams sticking together but there could be two or three different teams playing together. It will not be set up in such a way that The Pirets are playing the Blackbirds and the best thing about it will be that people new to the sport will have the chance to play with more experienced players and learn from them. Also for the ammount of people planning on coming to the event, it would be hard to have limited team sizes.

Motosam wrote: »

well,

Sounds good to me.

If its agreed could we have one or two milsim games. Limited ammo and squad formations.

Yes. There will be milsim's and we are currently looking at various scenarios. Some of these may tie in with Operation SSSSSSSSSH.

Motosam wrote: »

well,

I'd enjoy that, must get more mags for one of my GBBs now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

didnt mean local teams like that, i get it know.Cant wait maxforce. Can. not. wait.

Advertisement