Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of a pint in Dicey Reillys, Harcourt St

Options
  • 13-05-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Anybody know the price of a pint in this place?, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

I was there at the weekend and it was €5.50 for a pint of Guinness so I'd imagine lager would be nearly €6. Pretty steep and not worth it if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Was at a christmas party there before Christmas and came home pretty broke yet strangely sober. I think lager is somewhere in the 6 euro range, and the selection is pretty dire too. Watch out for the bouncers wearing TEKKEN SECURITY high-visibity jackets though, made me chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I hate that place. I'd rather find an growth an my testicle than go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I hate that place. I'd rather find an growth an my testicle than go there.

+100000000000000000000000000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Same goes for most of the poxy pubs in town..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I found them to be ****es. They gave my girlfriend some crap about her ID before, telling her that she could enter the building, but not go to the club. Deadly serious. The security there are some shower of ****ing morons. We walked in, burst out laughing and walked into the club anyway.

I'm probably as disenchanted with dublins pubs and clubs as Degsy. Prices are ****, bouncers are a pack of up-their-hole fools, and in some places they charge ye-old cover charge. Thankfully there are a few places that haven't gone to ****. There's actually a few that have improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

God a fuppin hate that place, lucky I know the best pub in Dublin, mwhahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I hate going there because the pints are always rotten. Flat as fook. Terrible and bad hangovers afterwards as a result.

jdivision wrote: »
    I hate going there because the pints are always rotten. Flat as fook. Terrible and bad hangovers afterwards as a result.

Thats after queing for 25 mins and paying thru the nose............and when I was there, a bouncer told me I couldn't stand where I was standing, I'd have to move

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

is it seriously 5.50 or 6 euro for pints in Dublin nowadays???? Jesus you all should go on drinking strike ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'll never understands people facination with Diceys.
    Went (was dragged) once, and never again.

Some say it's for he beer garden, and I know people who work outside of town and travel in.
    FFS, there's way better beer gardens in the pubs outside of town, with a better crowd and cheaper booze!

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    is it seriously 5.50 or 6 euro for pints in Dublin nowadays???? Jesus you all should go on drinking strike ffs

I bloody well have done,i dont go into town more than once every couple of months and even then i hate it.Ten quid into kips,6 quid a pint,bull**** from doormen young that should still be in nappies and nigerians hanging out in the jacks scrounging money.To say nothing of the complete lack of taxis after 12 pm and the sheer number of scumbags hanging round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Are we talking about the same Diceys?

They charge €5 to get in
    And the night club upstairs is Kyrstle; which is for over 23's and €15 to get in.
    There is a basement club as well; Bojangles(i think thats the name, and thats for matured/older folks)

Back to the drinks, i think a pint is 4.50..... I might be wrong, i don't drink pints!

arse.biscuits you were probably standing on the stairs and for fire and safety reason it's not allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Degsy wrote: »
    .Ten quid into kips,6 quid a pint,bull**** from doormen young that should still be in nappies and nigerians hanging out in the jacks scrounging money.To say nothing of the complete lack of taxis after 12 pm and the sheer number of scumbags hanging round.

Why you insist on paying in to these dumps is beyond me. Plenty of great places around Dublin.

I'm guessing either your mates have no taste and you have no choice but to go along with it, or your in the single scene and feel visiting these places is the only way your are going to score.

is it seriously 5.50 or 6 euro for pints in Dublin nowadays????

No.

MIN2511 wrote: »
    arse.biscuits you were probably standing on the stairs and for fire and safety reason it's not allowed!

No, standing next to a table where my friends were sitting, 3 of us were standing talking and the Nigerian bouncer said we'd have to move, we were in no-ones way and not blocking any exit.

I went there because it was one of the girls B-Day and thats where she wanted to go. Never again. Everytime a group are going out, everyone assumes that everyone else wants to go to one of these ****holes but no one does. I had it sussed when I was 15, a flagon and a field.

lightening wrote: »
    Why you insist on paying in to these dumps is beyond me. Plenty of great places around Dublin.

I'm guessing either your mates have no taste and you have no choice but to go along with it, or your in the single scene and feel visiting these places is the only way your are going to score.

And thats a lot of assumption based on nothing.Rarely going somewhere isnt the same as "insist"ing on going somewhere.Whether i go or not,these places are still a rip-off and people still go in enough numbers for it to be the norm rather than the exception.
    See here for a league table of pints prices
    www.dublinpubscene.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Hmm... never noticed a Nigerian bouncer

Ah well fair enough, sometimes them bloody bouncers like to enforce authority...

I am a regular there, never had any problems... the bouncers and the door staff know me :)

And thats a lot of assumption based on nothing

Fair enough, I just read your last post on how you hate town, your view of it seems to be based on going to holes that charge in, have toilet attendants, scumbags and rude bouncers. I can only presume you go to these places if you say you do. I would hate town as well if I went to the places you go.

I go in to town a lot more than you do, I probably know it better and know the nicer places to go. Try changing the places you go to, I know its hard if your with a gang, but if you could try to change their minds...

You can get a pint of Guinness for €3 in Dublin city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yo goto an "upmarket" place, you'll get charged "upmarket" prices.

Compare Fibbers and Bruxells. Fibbers is a dive, but the drink is cheap enough. Bruxells is "upmarket" (compared to Fibbers), and so they charge more.

Fair enough, I just read your last post on how you hate town, your view of it seems to be based on going to holes that charge in, have toilet attendants, scumbags and rude bouncers. I can only presume you go to these places if you say you do. I would hate town as well if I went to the places you go.

I go in to town a lot more than you do, I probably know it better and know the nicer places to go. Try changing the places you go to, I know its hard if your with a gang, but if you could try to change their minds...

I'm delighted for you,knowing town so much better than me.Can i just ask you what you'd do if you were invited to a surprise 30th in lets say,Break for the Border,Spi,No 4 Dame Lane,Dakota or what have you and you didnt organise it.lets say you were fond of the person who's birthday it was and you were friends with quite a number of the people so you wanted to go.What do you do in that situation Mr Oracle?Talk whoever booked the party out of holding it there or just not go and head off to some smelly place by yourself as a protest?A lot od social events are beyond people's control,the fact that rip-off joints exist at all is where my problem lies.

the_syco wrote: »
    Yo goto an "upmarket" place, you'll get charged "upmarket" prices.

Compare Fibbers and Bruxells. Fibbers is a dive, but the drink is cheap enough. Bruxells is "upmarket" (compared to Fibbers), and so they charge more.

Balls.Bruxelles is full of sour-faced **** in thier 30's hogging the juke box and trying to look cool,its small and overcrowded and the drink price is a joke.Fibbers is a far better venue,it just happens to be on the northside.

I'm delighted for you,knowing town so much better than me.

So am I, its a great city, at least I like to make use of it. If I were you I would get to know it too.
    Can i just ask you what you'd do if you were invited to a surprise 30th in lets say,Break for the Border,Spi,No 4 Dame Lane,Dakota or what have you and you didnt organise it.lets say you were fond of the person who's birthday it was and you were friends with quite a number of the people so you wanted to go.

I'd go with an open mind, do my best to enjoy it. Have done before, and had a good night.
    What do you do in that situation Mr Oracle?

Don't get personal, you are the one that has the problem here.

Look Degsy, if the only time you go in to town is when you are invited to these places the problem is with you, not the city. There are hundreds of great places to go to. No wonder you think town is crap, I would too if I limited myself to a handful parties I was invited to.

Open your mind, get in to town and enjoy it.

So am I, its a great city, at least I like to make use of it. If I were you I would get to know it too.

I'd go with an open mind, do my best to enjoy it. Have done before, and had a good night.

Don't get personal, you are the one that has the problem here.

Look Degsy, if the only time you go in to town is when you are invited to these places the problem is with you, not the city. There are hundreds of great places to go to. No wonder you think town is crap, I would too if I limited myself to a handful parties I was invited to.

Open your mind, get in to town and enjoy it.

I've been drinking in town for twenty years.I used to enjoy it and it used to ba affordable.It has changed beyond all recognition in recentyears with the advent of the "superpub".That means they cram as many people into a place as possible and charge the earth for drink,often ramping the prices up throughout the night.This never happened in the Dublin i used to frequent,its a new phenomenon and the reason they're getting away with it is because people are too stupid to make a stand.There may well be "nice" places left in Dublin but they tend to be packed to the rafters at weekends and the booze still isnt cheap.The problem of getting taxis etc is still relevent no matter which wonderfull pub you frequent.Dont lecture me about my city,i'll see you and raise you 37 years.

i'll see you and raise you 37 years.

Are you sour faced?
    sour-faced **** in thier 30's

I don't really go to superpub, I tend to stick to proper pubs. Regarding the taxis, I use the Dart or if its to late, nightlink.

Are you sour faced?

I don't really go to superpub, I tend to stick to proper pubs. Regarding the taxis, I use the Dart or if its to late, nightlink.

Are you a student/unemployed perchance?

Are you a student/unemployed perchance?

Nope. Couple of years younger than you, married, work hard at a good job, own gaff, car, dogs, the usual... Nothing unusual for people or our age to get nightlinks or the dart for that matter. I tend to eat in town a lot. Some brilliant restaurants with great food and decent wine lists.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Some brilliant restaurants with great food and decent wine lists.
    I was agreeing with you up til this point!
    You are right though lightening there are good pubs and clubs in Dublin city. I'm same age as Degsy but i still get a buzz outta city, feck, I live in it and choose to do that and take in a gig at least once a week and drink in city about 3nights a week and find it easy to shake it up a bit and go somewhere different. Plenty of places to go to suit all shapes and sizes. As for Dicey's it has an inflationary pricing scale. The further the clock ticks on the dearer it gets. A year ago I paid 4.50 at 80'clock,5 after 10 and 5.50 after midnight. I don't know if this has changed or if it was a mistake on their part. I'd a good night in there that night. There was a guy doing Sinatra, I could smoke my brains out, got a half decent burger and pulled a 20something year old. I haven't been since (nor seen her!)but that ain't a bad night and a handy enough part of town. Cos if you don't like it it's only a skip to Camden st. where there's something to suit everyone.

• Advertisement

Nope. Couple of years younger than you, married, work hard at a good job, own gaff, car, dogs, the usual... Nothing unusual for people or our age to get nightlinks or the dart for that matter. I tend to eat in town a lot. Some brilliant restaurants with great food and decent wine lists.

Fair dinkum,i take the nightlink myself if i'm in t own.
    I disagree about the restuarants.Generally overpriced,bad food and apalling service.A lot of places seem to think high prices equates with value.Ditto pubs.I'd rather cook myself or take a holiday somewhere they have a better understanding of quality.

Advertisement