Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 years prison in Cork cocaine trial!!

Options
  • 23-07-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

30 years each for Perry Wharrie and Martin Wanden and 25 years for Joe Daly. Just reported on RTE News a few mins ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Good im delighted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If they were rapists 'twould have been less than ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

is_that_so wrote: »
    30 years each for Perry Wharrie and Martin Wanden and 25 years for Joe Daly. Just reported on RTE News a few mins ago.

Wow, fcuken hell. :eek:
    Atleast they'll be safe from the pi$$ed off Colombian drug lords for a few years.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,068 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Literally a drop in the ocean to the Columbians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Yeah a lot of Irish sentencing seems to make little sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

beertons wrote: »
    Literally a drop in the ocean to the Columbians

Boom boom!

Delighted they got such a lenghty sentence, might teach others not to put diesel into a petrol engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

At least one of those boys was facing a life sentence back home anyway, so had zero to lose by pleading not guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,142 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The potential to destroy lives is far greater here, but yes: it does seem a bit weird.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

They probably would have got less if they pleaded guilty.
    Seriously like, they're pretty much found bobbing in the Irish Sea with €440 million worth of Cocaine and they plead not guilty! wtf!

Yeah I found this amazing. They all just accidently happened to be in the sea, using the bales as floatation devices. Hmmm.

10-15 years had they pleaded guilty, with a release time of 5-7 years.

Irish judicial system ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bubthatub

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Boom boom!

Delighted they got such a lenghty sentence, might teach others not to put diesel into a petrol engine!

Thats the number one rule you have to remember when smuggling put the right fuel into the engine. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    The potential to destroy lives is far greater here, but yes: it does seem a bit weird.

I see your point but that notwithstanding, drug addicts are not victims. They choose to buy the drugs. Its a free-market capitalist society.
    If people want to buy drugs, other people will supply them! Of course it's wrong, but I just dont see it as squarely the fault of the distributor. Whereas with rape it is.

Wasn't one of them convicted of killing a police officer in england?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Once they're inside, they'll probably open their own drugstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

10-15 years had they pleaded guilty, with a release time of 5-7 years.

Irish judicial system ftw!

Appeals system ftw!

Why the hell not try for a not guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Brendan777

Fantastic news! May they rot in prison. Did you see the 6kg of Methamphetamine was captured in Birr yesterday? A lithuanian gang was manufacturing it. That stuff is lethal, thats all we need in our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

You Suck! wrote: »
    Appeals system ftw!

Why the hell not try for a not guilty.

Funny thing is, it might work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Brendan777 wrote: »
    Fantastic news! May they rot in prison. Did you see the 6kg of Methamphetamine was captured in Birr yesterday? A lithuanian gang was manufacturing it. That stuff is lethal, thats all we need in our country.
    bastardos.....bringing criminality into my country :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

tech77 wrote: »
    Wow, fcuken hell. :eek:
    Atleast they'll be safe from the pi$$ed off Colombian drug lords for a few years.

In truth they had already been paid off Id imagine. Couldnt care less if the fish ate the lot of it once they had their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Im all for harsh sentencing, but as has been mentioned in previous posts, when people here are commiting murder and manslaughter and only getting a few years in the slammer youd have to wonder! How many years will those ba****rds that murdered the two poles get!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Ridiculous sentence for a few guys who were just trying to spread a bit of happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I giving an educated guess here but this case is not over yet. Within a month these three will probably lodge appeals to the severity of their sentences so it could be reduced in the future.

Didnt John Gilligan get 27yrs for importation of hash reduced to 20yrs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Im all for harsh sentencing, but as has been mentioned in previous posts, when people here are commiting murder and manslaughter and only getting a few years in the slammer youd have to wonder! How many years will those ba****rds that murdered the two poles get!?

The amount of coke they had would buy an AWFUL lot of contarct murders,weapons,turf wars and anti-social behaviour to say nothing of ruined lives and ****ed up people.They risked it all for huge profits and they came unstuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

This why I don't deal drugs! Anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

TheNog wrote: »
    Didnt John Gilligan get 27yrs for importation of hash reduced to 20yrs?

Yes.

And in truth he was sentenced for a murder they couldnt prove. I mean really, 27 years for hash? Tony Felloni got less for single handedly causing more problems with heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

they were saying the drugs were worth 1billion!

you think they got somebody who knows how to fuel a boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

In all fairness they were risking 30 years of their life for a payout of between 146 mill to 333 mill depending on the valuation you believe.

Personally have no sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Should have been 40, those cnunts know only one thing,admit to nothing and cost the irish taxpayer=me ,a fortune trying them, and keeping them in prison.

Fcuk them and the boat they came in on,may the rot in prison and get out in a wooden box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    might teach others not to put diesel into a petrol engine!

here here. and it wasnt red diesel so what is everyone giving out about:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brendan777 wrote: »

Wow, that's pretty much exactly the plot of chapter three on a book I... will now not be submitting for publication. Except it was in Laois. But the crystal meth and Lithuanians... I guess it was only a matter of time.

Advertisement