Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you speak to your friends?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Right, we all have friends - some better than others - but I'm just interested to see how often you tend to speak to them.

Like, your best friend, how often do you speak. Then maybe other friends, how often you speak to them.

Maybe not even speak, just text or email or whatever.

A bit silly maybe but I'm just wondering. Oh, and partners don't count. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Theres 3/4 peopel id text a few times a week, then a good few others id hear from every week or second week. Though thats mainly because its summer and everyone I know seems to be away plus im away from all my college mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Thank God for work email, that's the main way I keep in touch with friends. Some would be every day or every other day, othes would be every few weeks or so. Others again would be even further apart. I probably talk to my family maybe once a week, depending on if there's something going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

probably every second or 3rd day, mostly at weekends, coz everyones busy monday till thurs /fri, with work and there wouldnt be much happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RiotO

I could easily go about two months without speaking to my best friend depending on the time of year. We wouldn't be into having long telephone conversations and would certainly never text each other just to see what the craic is. I meet him for a few pints every so often and other than that we are just in contact in order to plan the next night out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bryan Habana

Thank God for work email, that's the main way I keep in touch with friends. Some would be every day or every other day, othes would be every few weeks or so. Others again would be even further apart.
    That's how I am as well. Email and bebo every few days-weeks depending on the friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Everyday, unless I'm away with the job in which leaves me(Most of the time) without phone coverage.

Otherwise, I'd speak to them everyday and see them most days to.

I despise text messages. I prefer to see my friends.
    If it was a day or two years gap it makes no differ.
    The only person I talk to everyday is my mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've too many feckin' friends. It's hard to keep up with them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I talk to my best friends every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I don't get to see friends very often, because I don't really have that much time for myself. My job takes up a lot of my time, and when I'm not working- Im too exhausted to do much. I would never forget a friends birthday or any other event, and they know they can call me anytime they want if they need a rant. They tell me I give out good advice, but if they are friends with me - what would they know? I should be insitutionalised! :pac:

Wish I had more time for thum is all :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Friends ? there all over the bleeding place ,cant keep track of em and wished i saw more of em (some more then others ) specialy the ones in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Some daily, some every couple of days, some weekly, bi weekly, once in a while... and so on. Depends how close I am to the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Once every year for most, others I see when in College most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Nearly everyday TBH. Scary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

yeah everyday and my mammy he he

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

i see a problem here.. this involves having friends to begin with:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

talk to my best friend every day

other friends i speak to occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

I talk to a couple of them daily and others 3 or 4 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

I used to talk to my best friend pretty much everyday, she emigrated to Africa last year so now I only hear from her every couple of months when she goes to the nearest city and pops into an internet café - It's bloody hard not being able to call her whenever:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 cailin06

I talk to my best friends every day via MSN! Living thousands of miles apart sucks!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Several times daily, counting the one I live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Best(x4) at least 2-3 times a week..good friends prob once every 2 weeks or so..hard keepin up with everyone i want to sometimes!
    *have to get off boards and more time on the phone/visiting*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Hackman

Every chance I get. Friends are important to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Depends on how you define "friend".

I speak to acquaintances every day, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

im away from them, so as often as i can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I would give close friends a funny text everyday, Talk to some on MSN, see others outside after work and then see everybody at the weekly poker sessions or out drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Never.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not as much as I'd like to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I speak to my imaginary friends every day

• Advertisement
Advertisement