Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cineworld Unlimited Card

Options
  • 08-08-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,063 ✭✭✭✭

The cineworld unlimited card lets you see unlimited cinema for €20 euro a month. You must sign up to a 12 month contract and can pay in one go or by direct debit each month.

However, the UK cineworld unlimited card only costs £12 per month and works in Ireland. That works out at €15 euro a month, 25% cheaper than the Irish card.

Total price of Irish card : €20 per month / €240 for 12 months
    Total price of UK card : €15 per month / €180 for 12 months (25% cheaper)

Pretty decent saving.

Go here and choose 'UK & Ireland EXCLUDING West End cinemas £11.99 per month'
    http://www.cineworld.co.uk/Cms.jgi?RUBRIQUE_CMS=UNLIMITED

[edit] When asked to put in a UK post code - put in this 'L13 8DW' - you can edit the address later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Tusky wrote: »
    The cineworld unlimited card lets you see unlimited cinema for €20 euro a month. You must sign up to a 12 month contract and can pay in one go or by direct debit each month.

However, the UK cineworld unlimited card only costs £12 per month and works in Ireland. That works out at €15 euro a month, 25% cheaper than the Irish card.

Total price of Irish card : €20 per month / €240 for 12 months
    Total price of UK card : €15 per month / €180 for 12 months (25% cheaper)

Pretty decent saving.

Go here and choose 'UK & Ireland EXCLUDING West End cinemas £11.99 per month'
    http://www.cineworld.co.uk/Cms.jgi?RUBRIQUE_CMS=UNLIMITED

would you not need a British address and bank account?

Emmo

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

*£11.99 excludes London West End Cinemas: Shaftesbury Avenue, Haymarket, Fulham and Chelsea. £14.99 includes all cinemas across the UK and Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 17,063 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Emmo wrote: »
    would you not need a British address and bank account?

Emmo

I signed up last week with an Irish credit card and Irish address. The card came in the letterbox today. so, no.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I have the Irish version. I'm planning to cancel it, the unlimited card is far less value then it use to be:

1) you can only buy the ticket on the day.
    2) you can't pre-book or book at all over phone or internet.
    3) you can't give your card to your someone else to buy tickets for you.

You use to be able to pre-book with the unlimited card over the phone, which was great, but they got rid of that option and now it is far harder to use the card.

PIMPHO wrote: »
    *£11.99 excludes London West End Cinemas: Shaftesbury Avenue, Haymarket, Fulham and Chelsea. £14.99 includes all cinemas across the UK and Ireland

Look again agmio.

Cineworld Unlimited Card valid in Ireland & UK EXCLUDING London West End Cinemas:Shaftesbury Avenue, Haymarket, Fulham and Chelsea - £11.99.

I already have the card, it works fine.
    bk wrote: »
    I have the Irish version. I'm planning to cancel it, the unlimited card is far less value then it use to be:

1) you can only buy the ticket on the day.
    2) you can't pre-book or book at all over phone or internet.
    3) you can't give your card to your someone else to buy tickets for you.

You use to be able to pre-book with the unlimited card over the phone, which was great, but they got rid of that option and now it is far harder to use the card.

True - its very rare that I would book tickets over the phone anyway though. Cinemas tickets in Ireland are now 10 euro a month, unlimited cinema for 15 euro a month is pretty good value. If you fit a 3d movie in (which are 15 euro each) its even better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The other related disadvantage is that if you are going with someone else, it means you both have to buy the tickets at the cinema so ye can sit together.

Basically if you plan to watch more than 18 films a year it's a good plan (getting it in the uk is a nice trick).

Drakar wrote: »
    The other related disadvantage is that if you are going with someone else, it means you both have to buy the tickets at the cinema so ye can sit together.

Basically if you plan to watch more than 18 films a year it's a good plan (getting it in the uk is a nice trick).

I go the Cineworld very often and I cant remember the last time I was shown to my seat. 99% of the time (even for new films that are fairly full) its free seating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Another trick:

Book student tickets online it saves you a whooping 2 Euro a ticket :-)
    No one has said nout to me in about 4 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

where in ireland are these cinemas ?

sunny2004 wrote: »
    where in ireland are these cinemas ?

Just Dublin I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I go the Cineworld very often and I cant remember the last time I was shown to my seat. 99% of the time (even for new films that are fairly full) its free seating.

You kidding me, I go to Cineworld roughly once a week and 90% of the time you get directed to the seat (they usually just point out the rough area of the seats).

Perhaps you don't go to the opening weekend of most movies.

What postcode do you put in as I have to put in one??? Won't let me proceed to next page?

What postcode do you put in as I have to put in one??? Won't let me proceed to next page?

Put in a UK post code initially and then you can edit it later.

example : L13 8DW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Another trick:

Book student tickets online it saves you a whooping 2 Euro a ticket :-)
    No one has said nout to me in about 4 years....

My mate did that, the one time I let him book the tickets... there was 8 of us going. We all got stopped and asked for ID, somehow myself n the GF got in but the rest had to go and pay extra...

Cheers. Just signed up and printed out my temporary pass! Nice one.

Cheers. Just signed up and printed out my temporary pass! Nice one.

Glad to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Hey thanks a lot for this Tusky, i was planning on getting the unlimited card at Cineworld in the next week or two. This saves me a few €! Bargain alert at it's finest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Yeah, it's a sweet deal, kudos to Tusky ;)

More or less everything comes from the UK anyway, the promo stuff, the unlimited magazine, even the tickets are in sterling :)

They just applied the same ratio of ticket/unlimited as the UK have, although with our tickets costing 10euro a pop, it makes this deal even sweeter.

I've had my card about 6 weeks now, and have seen more than 1 film a week (hey it helps when you run a movie club :))

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Hey thanks a lot for this Tusky, i was planning on getting the unlimited card at Cineworld in the next week or two. This saves me a few €! Bargain alert at it's finest!!

Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Fantastic link, thanks!

I've been procrastinating for a while about picking one of these up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Excellent, been meaning to get my card again since it was canceled over a year ago when they messed up the banking details.

Excellent bargain OP, now I can go see The Dark Knight multiple times without my wallet crying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just Dublin I believe.
    Where abouts in Dublin? :) I've not been to a cinema in the city centre in years. The Cineworld.ie site doesn't say anything about location.

Great discount. Very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

it's on Parnell Street, across from the Huge Penneys and Smyths

Where abouts in Dublin? :) I've not been to a cinema in the city centre in years. The Cineworld.ie site doesn't say anything about location.

Great discount. Very tempting.

Walk to the bottom of O Connell street (away from the quays) and take a left onto Parnell street. Its about 1 minute walk down Parnell street on the opposite side of the road. You cant miss it.

Im amazed youve never been to be honest, its been there years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Maybe you don't know it because it has changed its name a couple of times. It used to be called UGC and before that it was Virgin Cinemas. The IMAX was beside it but it has now taken its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Maybe you don't know it because it has changed its name a couple of times.
    That's probably the reason. The last time I was in it, it was Virgin Cinema :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,213 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I haven't been in a Virgin in ages! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭Basq

esel wrote: »
    I haven't been in a Virgin in ages! :D
    Enough about your sex life.. *

.. back to the bargain alert being discussed!

* ZIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I've had the Unlimited card since UGC introduced it in 2000. I definitely get my moneys worth. I go at least twice a week.

Last Sunday, I was a bit bored and went to three films in a row (inc 1 3d film)

€19.99 a month is great value.

As for not being able to book over the phone anymore, while it was handy, it's not the end of the world that they took the option away.

I have also used the card in the UK on several occasions in Nottingham, Glasgow and West India Quay (Canary Wharf). The cinemas in Central London are dumps and are not worth going to anyway, I usually get the DLR out to West India Quay when I want to goto a film in London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

just to add my two donuts ....

I find the card most definitely worthwhile ... I moved up to dublin 2 ? months ago ... and I've been a load of times .. (not as much as I would have liked as I was waiting to watch a few movies with someone who didn't go in the end) ...

19.99 a month .. and I've seen Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D and Dark night today ... and The Mummy .. this week ... will be going to another 2 movies this week .. so really its definitely worth while ...

if you can get it cheaper than the 19.99 ... then go for it (of course if you're going to make use of it) ...

The main thing that used put me off the cinema was the cost (especially if it could be a crap movie) now ... I'll go .. and if I don't like it .. well .. it didn't cost me anything else ...

(just my two donuts on the matter)

Advertisement