Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I love techno 2008

• 12-08-2008 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

So I've decided I'm goin to I love techno in Ghent. Is anyone else going or has been to give any advice etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just been talkin with my mates there today and we might head over.

lineup is good already, richie hawtin, boyz noize, booka shade, umek, underworld..

hopefully added to that will be the likes of dave clarke, john dahlbach, sven vath etc etc

anyone been before that can give general info? accomodation? how to get there? WHERE THE FUK IT IS!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

advice from last year.

fly to amsterdam and buy loads of drugs. jump on train to ghent. get ****ed up and have the time of your life. jump on train back to amsterdam. get ****ed. chill out. maybe a little sleep. fly home.

result!

its only 3hrs from amsterdam central. i did it last year. will defo be going again. its a savage session.

7pm to 6 am. was in bits by the end of it but the train back is great craic when ur locked.

you need to buy tickets for drinks inside the venue which is a pain in the hole.

belgians are cool with smoking pot policy at gigs aswell so its all good.

you can fly direct to brussels and get a feeder train to ghent. cost bout 8 euros.

didnt hang around ghent for too long when we were there but accomodation isnt expensive but when you so close to holland.....

any other info you need shout me

peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

was out there in Ghent on contract for 3 months, nice little kinda medieval(kinda city), accomodation is cheap although they are wide to i love techno so no doubt it rockets, Belgians are cool big into their dance. Not a place to go on your own and be stuck working with 3 boring american fcuks!!! I;'d come in from Holland on the train,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

advice from last year.

fly to amsterdam and buy loads of drugs. jump on train to ghent. get ****ed up and have the time of your life. jump on train back to amsterdam. get ****ed. chill out. maybe a little sleep. fly home.

result!

its only 3hrs from amsterdam central. i did it last year. will defo be going again. its a savage session.

7pm to 6 am. was in bits by the end of it but the train back is great craic when ur locked.

you need to buy tickets for drinks inside the venue which is a pain in the hole.

you can fly direct to brussels and get a feeder train to ghent. cost bout 8 euros.

didnt hang around ghent for too long when we were there but accomodation isnt expensive but when you so close to holland.....

peace

classic, like somethin from a movie! if we go deffo takin a few days off work afterwards to "mellow"!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I've been meaning to go to this now for years but always something or other came up and i didn't go.

I've actually been to Ghent before and it's a greta little city, we met up with these lads, one was Irish and his mate was Dutch, they sorted us out with some serious sh*t,far better than the rubbish you'd get here.

What date is it on again,October isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

well been to the love parade and Creamfields CZ, Flex Vienna and Proxy Prague......

so might be a nice way to wind down a good years clubbing....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

when we got back to the dam and checked into the globe hotel we somehow got the wrong room... i wonder why!!!

cue loads of hawaiians and some real ****ed up **** - manager of hotel, this little asian one come storming into our room screaming telling us were in the wrong room...

even tho the lads whose room we were in had already come in and we just gave them the key to our room...

funny **** trying to talk to her as the lads are rolling around on the ground in hysterics

+ the room was manky already from spilled beer and various other antics. hil-AR-ious!!!

just booked tickets and flights there. SESSION ON!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jay D wrote: »
    well been to the love parade and Creamfields CZ, Flex Vienna and Proxy Prague......

so might be a nice way to wind down a good years clubbing....

:pac:

fcuk me mate you must be loaded,you certainly get around.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

advice from last year.

result!

peace
    It reminds me of Rules Of Attraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Trab

I've stayed in Brussles any time I've gone. You can fly to Charleroi and then get a train to Brussles Midi. There are a few cheap hotels around there and you can get the train to Gent from there too, which takes about an hour.

If I was going again I'd probably try and stay in Gent because its a nightmare having to wait around the station to get back to Brussles. Belgium in November is not warm, trust me!

On a side note, the lineup for this year so far is pretty poor from a techno point of view and I won't be bothering with it unless it improves dramatically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 p-flaps

looks like were deffo heading over this year.

i think our plan is to fly to amsterdam, head over to ghent. think we will stay in ghent, then sunday head back to the dam for about 2 days to chill.

does that sound feasible?!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

Hey Guys....

Ive all my tkts and flights etc booked for ILT 2008.

Was at it again last year.

last year we stayed in Belgium and travelled to the venue,. but this year we are staying in Ghent ..

Fly from Cork on the Fri to Amsterdam, stay in amstterdam for the day, travel 3hours to belguim, and book in and party till Sunday !!

Travel back to the dam , stay there for the night and fly back to Cork at 8ish Monday evening ...

The craic and laughs is something unnatural !!!!!!

Cant wait !!!

We got accomadation in ghent for 2 ppl for 2 nights for 138e only !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flights were only 120e each aswell !!!

FULL LINE-UP
    UNDERWORLD live | DAVE CLARKE | JUSTICE | BOYS NOIZE | RICHIE HAWTIN | DIGITALISM | DJ RUSH | BOOKA SHADE live | HOT CHIP live | FELIX KRÖCHER | TOCADISCO | PET DUO live | DR.LEKTROLUV | MAGDA | SEBASTIAN | UMEK | CROOKERS | MARCO CAROLA | ROBERT HOOD | SURKIN | FRANK KVITTA | FEADZ | AUDION live | BRODINSKI | HEARTTHROB live | DUSTY KID live | UFFIE | DJ MURPHY | TROY PIERCE | BIRDY NAM NAM live | BLOODY BEETROOTS | GAISER live | MARCEL DETTMANN | DJ MEHDI | MARC HOULE live | BUSY P | KABALE UND LIEBE | ED REC ALLSTARS | MATTHEW HOAG | LA RIOTS | PIERRE

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

Becki-Jay wrote: »
    Hey Guys....

Ive all my tkts and flights etc booked for ILT 2008.

Was at it again last year.

last year we stayed in Belgium and travelled to the venue,. but this year we are staying in Ghent ..

Fly from Cork on the Fri to Amsterdam, stay in amstterdam for the day, travel 3hours to belguim, and book in and party till Sunday !!

Travel back to the dam , stay there for the night and fly back to Cork at 8ish Monday evening ...

The craic and laughs is something unnatural !!!!!!

Cant wait !!!

We got accomadation in ghent for 2 ppl for 2 nights for 138e only !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flights were only 120e each aswell !!!

Where did you get accommadation for that price I only have flights booked but still have to book a decently priced hotel

Its in the IBIS hotel..

Check out their website, and go for the cheapest deal.. thats what i done..
    The only catch with that is that if you cancel, you will still be charged the 138..But sure who's going to cancel ! lol

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/reservation/multirates.jshtml

Happy 30 rate - no change, no cancellation - see conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm heading over to this too. was at mysteryland last month so keeping the session going.
    there is a huge gang of us from cork heading over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Raich88

Hey, i might be goin this year but i dunno how 2 get there where to stay etc.

im coming over from glasgow but there arent any flights from scotland to brussels international, only Charleroi, which seems feckin ages away from Brussles and Ghent.

Is it eaiser to fly to Amsterdam n come in that way??

Also, where is it best to stay? In Ghent?

Ahh im so confused, any help would be really really appreciated!

xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

yea defo goin heading over this year .. was @ it last year and it was ****in messy !! the belgiens are a good laugh & def like there tunes , flying early fri morning & stayin the dam in same place as we did when @ dance valley so got nice lil deal :D cya there fellow techno heads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

guys whats the story with this me & a few mates where hitting the dam for a couple of days but this sounds rite up are street. can i get dates & any other lil details pms would be great. this sounds mental dave the leg end clarke & booka shade OMG CANT WAIT:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

@ Lester... The ILT festival is on the 15th nov...

a better plan would be to fly to amsterdam on the fri, then travel to ghent..As its a bit of a journey, you should def do this the day before!!

@ Raich88 and anyone else ..Feel free to mail me, rebeccajayden@gmail.com as i dont be on this much !! ;)

@ welcomeinjam - Did ya check out that hotel ? :eek:

@ Raich, would it be easier for you to jump on the Eurostar from London to Brussels?? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

@ Lester... The ILT festival is on the 15th nov...

a better plan would be to fly to amsterdam on the fri, then travel to ghent..As its a bit of a journey, you should def do this the day before!!

@ Raich88 and anyone else ..Feel free to mail me, rebeccajayden@gmail.com as i dont be on this much !! ;)

@ welcomeinjam - Did ya check out that hotel ? :eek:

Yeah I checked them out and they're reeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy good prices but all the rooms for two only double beds available for the dates were goin and no twin rooms. I don't really fancy sleepin in the same bed as my mate for a weekend haha

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Flying from Cork to Amsterdam, staying there one night, train down, get mashed. Finish up, train back to Amsterdam and fly home that night.

Good times.

http://forum.ilovetechno.be/tm.aspx?m=5000

em, im spending the friday and a bit of saturday in amsterdam, headin down to the gig, then headin over to brussels after the gig on the sunday morning, stayin on my own in a hostel (itll be badly need sleep) then flying home from charleroi on the monday morning for €15

welcomeinjam - LOL.. Are you serious?? What sleep are ya going to be getting .. Its all party party party over there.. lol

It'd be a grand cheap place for ye to book, for to have a shower and leave your bags like.. Nevermind the sleep !! haha

@ Leif_Erikson . yeah wer staying in the Dam for the day on the friday aswell before we start our train journey fri evening ... cant wait !!

@ nah-biy Are you flying home on the Sunday ???

Lads the flights are **** all at the moment with ryanair, Dublin to Brussels.

I booked them a bout a month ago for 60 quid return

Friends booked them about 2 weeks ago for 40 quid return.

You can only fly to Brussels from Dub with Ryanair aint it ?

You can only fly to Brussels from Dub with Ryanair aint it ?

**** sorry yea. Dublin.

Whoa...thought i'd booked the wrong flights for a second :o

• Advertisement

Lads the flights are **** all at the moment with ryanair, Dublin to Brussels.

I booked them a bout a month ago for 60 quid return

Friends booked them about 2 weeks ago for 40 quid return.

i booked a flight home from charleroi on the monday morning for €10, its hassling that i have to stay in a brussels hostel the sunday night, but its cheaper than heading back to the dam and going home, plus ill get a day to myself walking around brussels for the first time

Advertisement