Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops Direct - Irish Customer Service Number

Options
  • 12-08-2008 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering does anyone have an Irish number which I can call to get through to customer service for Laptops Direct. If you ring their Irish number and select customer service you are told to call a premium rate UK number instead.

Please for the sake of your own sanity never ever deal with these muppets if you have a faulty laptop!

I bought an Eee 900 that had a faulty screen out of the box back at the begining of June 2008 (reported the following day to them) and despite several promises that they would pick it up and refund it not once have they ever fulfilled any of these. Dealing with them by email/emessage has proven fruitless. They will promise you anything you want to hear and never ever fulfill it. The only time I've ever gotten through on the UK premium number (after hanging on for an age) I was promised all would be fine. Obviously nothing ever happened.

I am sick of racking up pricy calls for these rip off merchants. If anyone has any better suggestions I'd like to hear them too. The small claims court seems to be the next step to have to take.

--
    I found that you can avoid 0870 numbers through this site

www.saynoto0870.com

Laptops Direct are in there :

Customer Service 01484 328202
    So at least you can avoid premium rate. Skyping them was the only viable option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Hi Macalla

i was thinking of buying a laptop of these guys but hearing about your experience is giving me second thoughts...
    are they that useless or is it worth a shot seeing how cheap they are an all???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

If you can be sure you are never ever going to have a problem with the laptop then you will be ok. If you have a problem be prepared to deal with appalling customer service and outright lies as far as I'm concerned. I am waiting to see if they pick up a faulty laptop tommorow after waiting since the begining of June. I was told yesterday that no pickup had been arranged for this machine about 3 weeks ago despite being told back then that yes it would be no problem for pickup. So I will wait and see.

They also seem to have no idea they are dealing with Irish customers. The customer service line is a premium rate number in the UK which makes it ridiculously expensive to call and get any help.

I would personally never ever deal with them again after this but I'm not going to tell you what to do yourself. All I can say is I have dealt with Dell support (average), HP Support (surprisingly good) and various online retailers. LD are the worst I've ever dealt with to date.

Good luck with it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 slick.153

Im sorry, But they really are that useless. I am returning my laptop again. Its failed on me again i.e. 2 failures in less than 1.5 months.

The customer service IS HORRIBLE!!!. They really dont give a **** and will lie, my adivce if you do buy from them is this

1) DONT BUY
    2) Keep all your boxes, plastics, ties [Coz if you ever need to make a return coz of fault they will reject the return coz "Return does not contain original content"]
    3) Keep every recipt, coz when you call customer care they will LIE to you till you prove them wrong i.e. buy sayin "hold on a minute, here is the refrence number for tat"
    4) Put lots of credit on your phone, coz they love to re-route people. (In my opinion a reroute will indicate to the customer care metric system as a satisfied customer, so basically they are keeping with their SLA and quailtiy test reports)

5) if you do buy from them, buy from a reputed manufacturer like HP coz it will be the manufacturer tat will provide any support.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Slick.153
    Dragging up 1 year old threads is frowned upon on boards, especially seeing that you've already posted on a thread about your situation. Also the use of "txt spk" is also frowned upon, so try to keep it to a minimum.
    I'm going to close this thread as i see no reason to keep it open.
    Cheers,
    Alan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement