Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A *couple* of recordings

Options
  • 17-08-2008 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I thought I'd make a thread with some recordings I have been involved with. I don't make or play music, I record and produce it, only as a hobby (for the time being, anyhow). I have quite a few talented friends, so it's never hard to get something original laid down.

These songs are by friends of mine named Rick O'Sullivan and Derek Buckley, called Making Tears, Melting Pieces, and No One Else But Me. Background Music/MIDI tracks were composed using MIDI Orchestrator Plus by Voyetra (program circa 1994), featuring instruments like piano, drums, and string ensembles, and then slapped them in at various places throughout the tracks with some sound coloring and enhancements. The songs were recorded and mixed using Adobe Audition 2.0/3.0 on my PC (no Macs for me) in my box room.

I won't bore you anymore with details, as it's best just to listen.

Listen Links:
    Making Tears (2007) by Rick O'Sullivan (incomplete - no bass yet/drums are only 4-4 MIDI copy and pastes/ending needs work)

Melting Pieces (2008) by Rick O'Sullivan (incomplete - absolutely hate what I made for the chorus' MIDI backing track)

No One Else But Me (2007) by Derek Buckley

Feedback for the musical (Rick/Derek) and/or production (me) aspects to the songs is welcome. Be brutal, but constructive, and not rude. :)

Thanks,
    DECEiFER.

To protect the artists, please take note of the following:
    The songs, their arrangement, musical, and lyrical content, are Copyright © 2007-2008 Richard O'Sullivan/Derek Buckley.

Advertisement