Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Milford Harvest Fair - Postponed until 14th Sept.

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Next Sundays Harvest Fair at Milford Hospice has been postponed until Sunday the 14th of September. This was confirmed to me by the person in charge, Mr Eamon T. Ryan within the past hour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

This one is a good one. I was at it last year and was planning to go on Sunday. I'll still make the later date. There was a huge selection of cars there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

PanhardPL wrote: »
    Next Sundays Harvest Fair at Milford Hospice has been postponed until Sunday the 14th of September. This was confirmed to me by the person in charge, Mr Eamon T. Ryan within the past hour.
    Thanks for that,i might make the show now,i was busy this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Pagoda113

There were over 150 cars at Milford Hospice last year so come early as space is limited ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Milford, as in Milford Co. Donegal ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Thanks for that,i might make the show now,i was busy this weekend.

Yeah, same here - leccy picnic is on. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Blue850

MercMad wrote: »
    Milford, as in Milford Co. Donegal ??

Limerick

JustinOval wrote: »
    Yeah, same here - leccy picnic is on. :D
    Couldnt get tickets,should be a good show up there!a few of us have a classic car run on that day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Coxy_VW

Weather is not great for the morning but should clear in the afternoon so should be a good day especially as it's on tarmac now and not grass. Who's going?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Bad day, didn't stop raining once, and the layout of the classic's car park was a disgrace. Alot of people were leaving early enough. Got soaked wet. Normally it's a very good day out but the rain really put people off.

Fair play to the organisers, kept in high spirits hoping the rain would go away.
    Hopefully next year will be as good as the previous.`

and the layout of the classic's car park was a disgrace.

That's a bit harsh considering it's not an official show and this venue was sourced at the last minute as the grounds of the hospice were too soggy to have thousands of people walking around.
    I think the majority of people were happy with the layout as it was on solid ground. It was also very hard for them to guage how much space would be needed as they didn't know how many would show up in the rain.
    At the end of the day this is a fund raising event for a hospice and not a show.

• Advertisement

Bad day, didn't stop raining once, and the layout of the classic's car park was a disgrace. Alot of people were leaving early enough. Got soaked wet. Normally it's a very good day out but the rain really put people off.

Hope you asked for your money back. ;)

Coxy_VW wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh considering it's not an official show and this venue was sourced at the last minute as the grounds of the hospice were too soggy to have thousands of people walking around.
    I think the majority of people were happy with the layout as it was on solid ground. It was also very hard for them to guage how much space would be needed as they didn't know how many would show up in the rain.
    At the end of the day this is a fund raising event for a hospice and not a show.

Lol i think i was being picked up wrong. People started arriving and no one was really been told where to go, so it ended up with cars being all over the place.

It was a good day out, but the rain made it very hard to enjoy, jaysus i'm after been picked up as a right ole crank lol:o

Lol i think i was being picked up wrong. People started arriving and no one was really been told where to go, so it ended up with cars being all over the place.

It was a good day out, but the rain made it very hard to enjoy, jaysus i'm after been picked up as a right ole crank lol:o

[IMG][/img]Idontbelieveit.jpg:D:D:D

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Any pictures from today?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

A further selection of pictures from yesterdays event,

2wmnpuh.jpg
    rk8x0l.jpg
    332qb6f.jpg
    IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/2e0lhe1.jpg[/IMG]
    21ovbr4.jpg
    1rw374.jpg
    25jfiv4.jpg
    dolb8p.jpg
    vdffbq.jpg
    G]http://i35.tinypic.com/331jc7r.jpg[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭kindredspirit

I wonder who's taking up six parking bays. :D:D:D

21ovbr4.jpg

5nlxsy.jpg
    2m3pslt.jpg
    11cck5v.jpg
    21luzrr.jpg
    jadvrb.jpg
    ne6r5z.jpg
    IMG

I wonder who's taking up six parking bays. :D:D:D

21ovbr4.jpg
    A space was being kept for the Healey 3000

21luzrr.jpg

It's always the likes of this that I have the most interest in

• Advertisement

There was a very clean Irish reg'd Granada at it as well. I'm sure Sean has a pic of it. Few nice cars down there.

I'm sure Sean has a pic of it.
    Il bet he does!!:p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

Onkle wrote: »
    21luzrr.jpg

It's always the likes of this that I have the most interest in

In a way i see where you are coming from but in my honest opinion the likes of that will never be a classic. OK its and old car, but not a classic.
    I was there too and i did look at it. It had a love hate thing going on.

aravan wrote: »
    In a way i see where you are coming from but in my honest opinion the likes of that will never be a classic. OK its and old car, but not a classic.
    Yeah,its all down to personal opinion really..im a big fan of 70s jap tin myself so im a bit biased:)

aravan wrote: »

To me a classic car is a car that brings me back a few years. An old Datsun would remind me of my childhood more than say a Triumph Spitfire.

Onkle wrote: »
    To me a classic car is a car that brings me back a few years. An old Datsun would remind me of my childhood more than say a Triumph Spitfire.
    yup..couldnt put it better myself,its either the cars you remember,or he cars you wanted when you were younger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There was a red '87 Mk. II Fiesta there as well. Mint condition, but... an '87 Fiesta?

There was a red '87 Mk. II Fiesta there as well. Mint condition, but... an '87 Fiesta?

Saw it was well. Reminded me of the one the mother had. Different strokes for different folk and all that craic.

jj5t95.jpgCortina MK IV.
    169rm1y.jpg

• Advertisement

Any pics of the Irish reg granada?
    Bet you regret putting them up now lol:p

Advertisement