Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DVD upscaler with USB and SC slots for €44.99.

Options
  • 27-08-2008 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Aldi are selling a DVD upscaler for €44.99 this Sunday (I think). It comes with a HDMI cable and has a USB and SD card slot too. Also, It upscales to 1080i.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Don't see it on the ALDI website lniked below. Was it in a newpaper pullout or something ?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week36sunday08.htm?WT.z_src=main.

Do you know if it supports divx/xvid ? Any other details model brand etc ?

Thanks, on the lookout for cheap dvd player that isn't too big, supports upscaling, divx/xvid and usb/Sd card slots. hopefully this will fit the bill.

JK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Its made by Tevion and it is out this Sunday. Im not sure about Xvid or DivX. i managed to find the manual for it.
    http://www.curtisint.com/html/CustService/Manuals/WOR_DVD1047UKW_EN.PDF

Dman001 wrote: »
    Its made by Tevion and it is out this Sunday. Im not sure about Xvid or DivX. i managed to find the manual for it.
    http://www.curtisint.com/html/CustService/Manuals/WOR_DVD1047UKW_EN.PDF

Are you sure thats the right manual ? Theres no mention or sign on diagrams of USB/SD slots or HDMI port.

Sorry that was the wrong manual, here is the right one:
    http://www.curtisint.com/html/CustService/Manuals/CUR_DVD3602UKT_EN.PDF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I don't see this mentioned on the Aldi website for this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Does anyone know if this is multi-region or if not does anyone know a code to make it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

So would i be able to connect a Hard drive to the player through the usb? If not does anyone know a dvd player that does that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

rejkin wrote: »
    So would i be able to connect a Hard drive to the player through the usb? If not does anyone know a dvd player that does that?

Yeah, is this possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

read the manual!!!! it mentions divx on page 6 , also mentions connecting flashdrives

edit: should point out if people are getting this to connect to large external hard drives, in my experice many of these kind of devices only like fat 32 formatted hard drives (xbox 360 comes to mind) most of my drives are ntfs fomatted for various reasons, and converting from ntfs to fat 32 just isnt an option really.

USB sticks work quite nicely though, or if your hard drive is fat 32, im not saying that this will be the case with this dvd player but worth keeping in mind if its the sole reason for gettting one

• Advertisement

Anyone buy this today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Doubt it seen as it aint in till Thursday :p

Stokolan wrote: »
    Doubt it seen as it aint in till Thursday :p

Jaysus you're on the ball are'nt you

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

lindtee wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is multi-region or if not does anyone know a code to make it so?
    Anyone any info regarding this? I know its really cheap, but would be pretty useless to me if its locked to region 2.

I got this from HotUKDeals but I'm unsure if it will work with this DVD player:

Open Tray
    Press 9999
    Press 9 for region free
    Close Tray.

Worth a try anyway. We'll find out Thursday. Won't be a total loss anyway. Free HDMI lead and USB connection, sweet.

Thanks OP. Got my dvd player this morning. will try it out this evening when I get home. Looks decent. I'd say they only lasted a few minutes. I was there as the shop opened and there only seemed to be 20 or so in stock. About half were taken immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Also got one.....

A lot of people had them in their shopping trolleys with few left.

Could do with the region free code otherwise I'll be running two DVD players side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

None in Aldi Parnell Street Dublin at 9:30 this morning... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

@ TM

Grabbed one at 11am at Aldi Parnell St. & apparently there were even a few left! Couldn't find any on display, so had to ask at the till!

Thank you very much, OP for this great post!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I got one in Ennis around a quarter to three.

None on display so I asked and she brought out another ten or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I just got one in Rathmines at 4pm - they have several more in stock there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭MacBuster

Has anyone tried USB keys or HDD's on these yet ?

Got one of these in Nutgrove at 4pm, though I think it was their last. Good news is this worked to make it region free:

Open Tray
    Press 9999
    Press 9 for region free
    Close Tray.
    Also I've tried a 2GB USB key, an an 8GB MP3 player (both loaded with wma's) and both work fine. I haven't got an external HDD to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

No picture with mine:mad:

No picture with mine:mad:

Was that with scart or HDMI or different connection ? I tried mine for a few minutes when I was home for lunch. Couldn't get anything through HDMI. Haven't used HDMI before though so will make better effort this evening. I tried to search for new devices with TV but no luck even though the player was connected via hmdi cable supplied and turned on. :(

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Was that with scart or HDMI or different connection ? I tried mine for a few minutes when I was home for lunch. Couldn't get anything through HDMI. Haven't used HDMI before though so will make better effort this evening. I tried to search for new devices with TV but no luck even though the player was connected via hmdi cable supplied and turned on. :(

This happened to me too - I sorted it out like this:

Connect the DVD player first to your TV with a scart lead, so you can get to the setup option on the DVD player.
    Press Setup on the remote
    Use the arrow buttons on the remote to go to "Video"
    Then go to "Video Out settings", and change this to "HD".

Yeah had to set mine up with scart too then changed output to HD and 1080i . Can't get usb Working though. Plenty left in coolock at 4.30

Open Tray
    Press 9999
    Press 9 for region free
    Close Tray.

This works great, thanks, but it took me a few gos - I suggest leaving 2 seconds before the final "9" - you know it works as a "9" comes up on the screen.

• Advertisement

Anyone got problems with USB? When I press USB/CARD I get a message "Not Allowed"

Advertisement