Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin scenery

Options
  • 27-09-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hello all,

Sime of yous might know me off the ifsd website as fsterry. Well anyway im developing scenery for Dublin airport and just posting a few recent pictures.

Enjoy

Terry.......

1035643.jpg

1048311.jpg

1109869.jpg

1119650.jpg

1169991.jpg

1276883.jpg

1352934.jpg

1386334.jpg

1431168.jpg

1447455.jpg

1474365.jpg

1597450.jpg

1673594.jpg

1707961.jpg

1744387.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

all i can say is :eek: i want it lol. is it going to be fsx compatable? lastly i had the dublin scenery in fs2004 and it was amazing but the new dub looks alot more realistic i hope it doesnt make me feel im stuck in work there haha.
    thanks. andy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Looks fantastic. When will it be availalbe?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Cheers lads.Its initially going to be for fs2004 and i hope to export it over to fsx soon after.Well i hope to have it done by christmas(Im back in college monday week so will have feck all time to do it)

Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Absolutely class.

The fleet so far

Untitled1-7.jpg

Untitled-20.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

the airport vehicles look really cool will change the ones from standard fs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Looks fantastic Terry, fair play!

I'm only using FS X these days so will unfortunately have to wait a bit longer :(

Given the technologies you're using to implement this for FS 2004, do you anticipate the port over to FS X to take long?

Just some more pics including the newly modelled T2

13479843.jpg

13489172.jpg

13510450.jpg

13603817.jpg

13802937.jpg

13931029.jpg

13935896.jpg

13986394.jpg

14005395.jpg

14032773.jpg

14049543.jpg

14090712.jpg

13466911.jpg

13424556.jpg

14494037-2.jpg

Looking good Terry! Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Nice. Are IFSD still going? I havent been able to access the site in a while.

• Advertisement

No unfortunately IFSD are gone as the website was not renewed.I post mainly on the vateir forum now.Pity its gone,it attracted a lot of traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭bugsyboy

Where is is possible to get better scenery for Ireland (in particular Dublin Airport) for fs 2004?
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

IFSD are gone.

The scenery is on avsim however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭HydeRoad

cherrytaz wrote: »
    The fleet so far

Untitled1-7.jpg

Untitled-20.jpg

Sorry, a bus man interloping on the aircraft forum, I LOVE your modelling work, I dabble with a bit of computer modelling myself, but WAIT!!! What is THAT???

The front of an AV class bus, grafted onto the side and rear of an EV class bus, two entirely different vehicles!!! And a staircase on both sides??? LOL

That is like welding the cockpit of an Airbus onto the shell of a Boeing!!!

http://www.irishbuses.com/DublinBusIndexPage.html for pics of Dublin Buses, there's loads of other websites too...

Sorry, I've just disgraced myself on the airline forum, I'll retreat back to bus land now... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

What's the latest Terry?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Excellent work terry and good to see you after all these years.

I have a confession to make: I was involved in IFSD in the early days (I did the Howth scenery that was released) I also nearly did the whole of Dublin city and surrounds but things changed in work and I moved house and so I sort of dropped off the radar.:o

Anyways, the upshot is I have an 85% completed Dublin texture with seasons and lightmaps sitting on my old pc if anyone is interested in taking it further. I'll gladly hand over the project to someone with FS development experience (and bear in mind it's not a trivial thing to do).

If anyone is interested, let me know. The files are in photoshop format and you'll need the relevant tools to create the LOD tiles and mesh / dynamic scenery etc to go on top. From memory, the project source was about 800MB but could be more.

Again, nice to hear from you again terry!

Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

bugsyboy wrote: »
    Where is is possible to get better scenery for Ireland (in particular Dublin Airport) for fs 2004?
    Paul

www.stephend.net/downloads.html

I've mirrored the IFSD scenery there.
    Simtech wrote: »
    What's the latest Terry?

According to his posts on the VATeir forum he's doing exams.

SteveC wrote: »
    Excellent work terry and good to see you after all these years.

I have a confession to make: I was involved in IFSD in the early days (I did the Howth scenery that was released) I also nearly did the whole of Dublin city and surrounds but things changed in work and I moved house and so I sort of dropped off the radar.:o

Anyways, the upshot is I have an 85% completed Dublin texture with seasons and lightmaps sitting on my old pc if anyone is interested in taking it further. I'll gladly hand over the project to someone with FS development experience (and bear in mind it's not a trivial thing to do).

If anyone is interested, let me know. The files are in photoshop format and you'll need the relevant tools to create the LOD tiles and mesh / dynamic scenery etc to go on top. From memory, the project source was about 800MB but could be more.

Again, nice to hear from you again terry!

Steve.
    I would be interested in continuing your Dublin scenery for FSX. Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mythicalireland

Terry, fantastic work. Hopefully you'll get time to finish it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I would be interested in continuing your Dublin scenery for FSX. Sent you a PM.
    I was wrong... the working folder is over 3 gigs!!:eek:
    As I said in PM, thanks for the offer, you're welcome to the files to continue it, I'm just posting on thread to re-iterate that it's on condition that it's released as freeware if it ever gets finished.
    Also, the images I used were downloaded from the internet in 2003 (long before google maps/earth was around). The host is now gone as far as I can tell but I have no clue if there would be and copyright issues about using them for this purpose. I would hazard a guess that the processed images wouldn't be tracable to any host as they are heavily resampled but who knows.
    As you can see, the images are a bit old and there are some newer roads and landmarks that aren't in them. Also there are also some runway alignment issues that I never managed to work out.
    Anyway, here are some screenshots I took so you can see what I was working towards.
    The difference between what I was doing and the likes of the UK VFR scenery is that I was creating the night time and seasonal textures as well and was probably the reason I gave up on it - it was just too laborious.

Bray:
    bray.jpg

Casement R23
    casement_R23.jpg

Casement R29
    casement_R29.jpg

EIDW with default FS airport
    EIDW_default.jpg

EIDW with IFSD airport
    EIDW_IFSD.jpg

M50
    M50.jpg

Malahide
    malahide.jpg

Weston
    weston.jpg

• Advertisement

And some more:

Day / night / and seasons
    screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_2.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_4.jpg
    screenshot_5.jpg

Night approach
    screenshot_6.jpg
    screenshot_7.jpg
    screenshot_1.jpg

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    www.stephend.net/downloads.html

I've mirrored the IFSD scenery there.
    I have the IFSD112Update.exe (1,257k) and the Dublin2006.exe (6,743k) if you want them for your site.

PM me and I can email them to you if you want.

How does the IFSD scenery look in FS x?

That Dublin VFR scenery looks great, let's hope it gets finished!

70231.jpg

70230.jpg

70235.jpg

I saw EIME in one of your pics so for comparison this is what I did in an hour on the photoscenery front. Just the one tile for experiment but it shows nicely the comparison between ingame with UTX and my input.

Edit. Messed that up somewhat. How do I display pics in post??

Scenery.jpg

Scenery2.jpg

I saw EIME in one of your pics so for comparison this is what I did in an hour on the photoscenery front. Just the one tile for experiment but it shows nicely the comparison between ingame with UTX and my input. The other is my Baldonnel scenery. Whadya reckon?

Edit. Messed that up somewhat. How do I display pics in post??

That looks really good and was exactly what I was hoping to achieve back then..:cool:

Click the insertimage.gif button or use [noparse]pic[/noparse] tags around the pic.

Wel lads

Good to see a few new posts on the forum. Its been fairly quiet since IFSD closed down. Well i did two weeks solid over Christmas when i got the apron lighting and all taxiway lighting done.But for the other two weeks i had off i had to do college work..Im back in college since last week and realistically i wont get anything done until easter at the earliest and even at that i dont know how much free time i'll have between thesis and playing football. I fully intend to get this project done and dont want it to become a "dead" project.

I think people must take into account that iv done everything so far on my own and started out over a year and a half ago and its very hard to get the time between college,work,football etc,. its nearing completion though.

Anyways the photoscenery looks good.Its a pity though that no major developer has undertaken to cover Ireland with photoscenery or indeed just 3d scenery. Since IFSD has closed down it seems that Irish flight sim community has been relatively quiet.Would be great to get the forum up and running again.

Anyways thats my few words,

Again good to see some discussion again.

Terry

Anyways the photoscenery looks good.Its a pity though that no major developer has undertaken to cover Ireland with photoscenery or indeed just 3d scenery. Since IFSD has closed down it seems that Irish flight sim community has been relatively quiet.Would be great to get the forum up and running again.

Anyways thats my few words,

Again good to see some discussion again.

Terry[/QUOTE]

Just from messing about for an hour or two I reckon the job of photoscenery would be massive. All the autogen has to be reannotated as far as I can tell once you place the scenery and then to do the seasons etc. would be a nightmare. Also the sattelite imagery coverage for Ireland is quite bad. It would be a job for more than one person definitely. Several would be needed.

How do you plan to distribute your EIDW Terry? Excellent work!!

Completely off topic, but is that the Windows 7 beta you have Simtech?

No, Vista Ultimate which I might add proved to be a huge waste of money. Home premium has almost everything Ultimate has and the extras just weren't worth it. The reason the pics are so wide is that they are displayed across three monitors if that's what prompted the question.

• Advertisement

No, Vista Ultimate which I might add proved to be a huge waste of money. Home premium has almost everything Ultimate has and the extras just weren't worth it. The reason the pics are so wide is that they are displayed across three monitors if that's what prompted the question.

Nope, it was the taskbar that prompted the question, apparently it's a feature in Windows 7. Cheers anyway :D

Advertisement