Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Gough-Anyone been to see him?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

Myself and some friends are going to see Joe Gough soon, just wondering if anyone has been to see him? And what is your opinion on him?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheBrig

I went to see him last December, he's a nice guy, very straight forward, I'll summarise what he told me and I'll tell you what came true & what didn't!

Meet a guard in June and to be wary of him (I didn't)
    Meet "the one" in July (I didn't)
    Have a house & 2 dogs by end of August (I don't)
    Sister get pregnant by July (didn't)
    brother win a lot of money (didn't)
    go to South America in September (didn't)

In fact (I'm sorry to be so negative) but the only things he got true were aspects of my personality BUT the weirdest thing ever was, a few months before going to see him, I was experiencing a buzzing sensation in his ears for months and the doctors couldn't figure it out - it would get louder sometimes and then go away for ages...anyway, when I was sitting there, he just said "whats the story, I'm getting a really mad buzzing sensation in my ears since you walked in" and I explained it had been happening to me and he said "its the spirits trying to talk to you..."

So, all in all, after all the predictions this year didn't come true I would say he's not great (sorry) but he's very good at reading you as a person and giving advice...

But thats just my experience! Let me know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if he is any good he should get onto you about doubting him in your post lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blondietara07

Hi Trixie I went to see Joe last Feb with a Friend of mine and i Thought he was so so good somethings have come true so far but alot of what he said was like a year or two ahead of me. He also told me all about my family and he hit the nail on the head with all of them so much so my sister who was thinking of going to see him has decided not too cause it freaked her out sooo so much. Also my friend has had an interesting home situation all her life and as soon as she went through the door he said it to her. Also Lots of the girls i work with have been to him and they have all had brilliant experiences.
    I hope you and your friend have good experiences with him too.
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 trixiesantry

Thanks for the posts and advice guys! I will let you know how I get on!
    Trixiesantry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zignzag123

Hi,

Myself and some friends are going to see Joe Gough soon, just wondering if anyone has been to see him? And what is your opinion on him?
    Cheers!

Hi!,

i went to see Joe on Thurs and hand on heart, one of the spookiest things i have ever witnessed.. its the second time i went to see him, and the 1st time i did, i wud of said he was average.. but this time.. JEEEESSS... he blew my socks off.... 4 of us in total went on thurs, and in the 4 days since we have seen him 3 VERY significant things have happened that he said would. the man told me things, that there is no way he could of known.. not at all... told me about a condition my mam had, told me about my brothers career, told me that i had a qualification, and what it was. told me what kind of work i do... he was just amazing... i asked him about 30 questions..... which, i dnt tink he was expecting.. i tink ppl in general jus let him talk.. but at the end of the readin he had done 4 spreads for me, 2 of which were for specific questions i asked.. i wish i cud tell every1 the things he told us all... but i cant on a public site.. but seriously... amazin!! theres jus NO way he could of "cold read" the things he told us... jus no way..... i was gettin butterflies in my belly today watchin what he said would happen come true in front of my eyes... fasinating...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

zignzag123 wrote: »
    Hi!,

i went to see Joe on Thurs and hand on heart, one of the spookiest things i have ever witnessed.. its the second time i went to see him, and the 1st time i did, i wud of said he was average.. but this time.. JEEEESSS... he blew my socks off.... 4 of us in total went on thurs, and in the 4 days since we have seen him 3 VERY significant things have happened that he said would. the man told me things, that there is no way he could of known.. not at all... told me about a condition my mam had, told me about my brothers career, told me that i had a qualification, and what it was. told me what kind of work i do... he was just amazing... i asked him about 30 questions..... which, i dnt tink he was expecting.. i tink ppl in general jus let him talk.. but at the end of the readin he had done 4 spreads for me, 2 of which were for specific questions i asked.. i wish i cud tell every1 the things he told us all... but i cant on a public site.. but seriously... amazin!! theres jus NO way he could of "cold read" the things he told us... jus no way..... i was gettin butterflies in my belly today watchin what he said would happen come true in front of my eyes... fasinating...

hmmm Im a cynic but I'm wondering was that last post where everything came true Joe himself. Funny that's the only post zignzag ever made. I went to Joe too and some things came true not for me but for my friend. Also weird he also told her about the guard and the ear thing??? I'm feeling doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blondietara07

jellybeans wrote: »
    hmmm Im a cynic but I'm wondering was that last post where everything came true Joe himself. Funny that's the only post zignzag ever made. I went to Joe too and some things came true not for me but for my friend. Also weird he also told her about the guard and the ear thing??? I'm feeling doubtful.

jelly bean your a cynic this is a post of how you got on if you went to him not for your doubtful mind..... i went to him and he was fantastic and no one like you is gonna make me doubt what he told me... like the others he told me stuff about my family that no one could have known full stop.... be as cynical as you want, just go open a tread in cynics corner instead.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

errm but it says Joe Gough anyone been to see him?? and I have Im answering what I thought of him. I said he told my friend she would meet a guard and her dad would get a problem with his ear and he told me he couldn't read me?? I didn't find him as good as other people did, is that not a valid opinion??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Hi - where might I get info on Joe Gough? I'd love to go and see him...
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

does anyone have joes number? my dad died in january and ive been so down and just wanted to talk to him, im just so lost, if anyone could help id really appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Hello!
    Myself and my friend went to see him over a year ago at this stage.
    My friend found him useless but i found him very good.
    It is important to remember that he refers to himself as a faith healer and not a fortune teller this is why i think with some people he cannot read them very clearly but can tell them more about the spirit side or can see spirits present.
    He got everything (i think) spot on with me. Was able to tell me my mothers name straight off no ifs or buts. Describe each of my family members down to a Tee, and i mean a Tee. Told me about a family pregnancy - when it was going to happen, to which member and that it would be a suprise, all of which were spot on.
    Told me about the passing of two of my relatives - which happened.
    Described my 'Aura' etc - which i cannot say is true or not.

Ive heard friends who went and were able to communicate with their family members who past - very detailed.
    However he may not be able to do this for everyone, but this is just my experience and it was positive. I plan to go back again someday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lbhs2310play

zignzag123 wrote: »
    Hi!,

Have heard lots of great things about Joe and would love to go and see him, would you be able to pm me his number! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I too, would be interested in getting his number.... if anyone could PM me with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 trixiesantry

Hey dancing queen,

Joe's number is <snip>. I went and found him very good, was able to tell me stuff that he would never have known about me and certainly couldnt read. Same with friends of mine who went on the same day. Granted some of the stuff was correct and some was in the future so it hasnt happened yet.
    In relation to spirits, two of my very close relatives were in the room and some of the thing he told me about an uncle who had passed on around that time I didnt even know! When I got home and clarified with my mother, she confirmed that the information was correct!

Hope it goes well for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Circus

Hi all

I went to see his today; in a word " amazing"

I thought he was superb, told me lots nobody could have known

I can't wait to go back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 laurag123

Me and four friends went to him last tue, i was the last to go in so i had heard what he had said to three of the girls, the fact that there is a three month waiting list and it costs €80 i was thinking he was going to be great, i felt he was good with a few things but tried to fill up the rest of the time bluffing,when i went in the first thing he said to me was that you need to communicate n open up to get the most from a reading i don't like people who sit there and say nothing!i did the cards and they came up as good cards and he said id a good future ahead of me, he got a few thing right and describe my boyfriend very well, i found him to be very random throwing odd bits in here and there, he didn't mention anything about my past at all, he asked was i afraid of heights and i said no so he told me i was going to go to the empire state buliding, i asked about my career, he asked me was i a hairdresser i said no then he asked what did i do, it felt like he was just giving advice,(my friend who was in before me is a hairdresser so he prob tought we worked together), he said i would study n go to college and do something in PR or Business, i am applying to do montessori when i told him this he said yes that will work go ahead with that.
    he told me i would be helping someone grieve after a sucide in a years time, which i was shocked to hear. He said a few things to me which he also told the other girls like 'you talk to yourself all the time' i said i don't and he went on to say how everybody talks to themselves, he asked what are my hobbies? kickboxing yoga etc i said i don't really have a hobby so he told me i needed to get one, he said the same to my friend and she said she plays ladies gaa and he told her to be careful with her joints.
    He also said i only relax when i drink said the same to my friend, also asked what did i worry about last mon, tue, wed again he said the same to my friend.
    maybe he was just tired cause i was the last in three of my friends tought he was excellent and plan on going back while two of us didn't think he was so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 minkybinkyboo

Hi,

I had to register today in order to post and please dont bash me if its not what you want to read, its merely a personal opinion which might not appeal to everyone who's interested in seeing joe or had a "good reading" from him....

Firstly rudest man Ive ever met...we were 10 mins late after getting lost and not being able to contact his also rude wife for directions. He told us your late so your time is being cut. I had 20 mins with him for 80 euro and my friend had about 25-30 mins.

Told me I worked in Bank (I dont):confused:
    Told me I drive too fast (I cant drive and never have even had a lesson)
    Told me Im not Paternal (I have a son age 13)
    Told me Im very impatient and shouldnt work with children (Im a montessori teacher and everyone who knows me lists Patience as my best quality so I nearly laughed out loud)
    Told me I wouldnt have children until I was 40 (As i mentioned I already have a son)
    Told me my mother was a clean freak and nureotic (my whole family laughed my mam is not a slob but deffo not not not a clean freak and absolutely not nureotic)
    Told me I would travel to Peru (I hate flying and never even seen Peru on a map wouldnt be somewhere that I would go either)

He was also insulting he described me as a dead goldfish in the bottom of a bowl with reference to my social aspect in life. When I told him I had a child he said "oh" then looked down at the cards and spookily could see him then :P, he then went on to say, yes yes is he five? No he is 13 I said! Is his name derek? NO...is his name Darren? NO....what is his name? I then told him his name. So now from going to the original "your not paternal, your impatient, you shouldnt work with kids, you wont have children until your 40's" suddenly he could amazingly see that I was " a loving mother, should work with children and I was my sons protector"......

He got every name wrong that was supposed to be attached to my family, got my family wrong, got my birth sign wrong, got my profession wrong, got my son wrong, got my age wrong, got my personality wrong....then had the nerve to say did I get regular smear tests!!!!!!!!!:eek: Folks in fact he got NOTHING right!

I actually came out feeling really angry and annoyed it felt like a lecture and I am not a cynical person so I was open to what he had to say but I feel like an absolute mug now as having paid 80 euro to a total waste of time and energy....:mad:

He said when I was leaving next time I should ask more questions then just sitting there, but folks this is cold reading at its best, the more questions the more information he has to read off, the more expressions the more psychology can be used to guess your reactions. Never in a million years would I recommend him. SAVE your money and go buy yourself something lovely instead, for yourself or a loved one or donate to a charity of your choice.......it'll make you happy and thats my free fortune telling advice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 laurag123

I couldn't agree with you more, you feel such a fool wasting €80, he said to me i had trust issue's and i said i wouldn't trust just anybody, to which he asked was i absused as a child? i said no never and he said no i didn't think so!!!!! i couldn't believe him, he was very intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fizzles

I went to see Joe Gough last week and was very disappointed. My
    friend had been to see him earlier in the day and he told me practically
    word for word what he'd said to her! Totally agree with previous two
    posters, unknown to yourself, via body language etc, you do give out a
    lot of information. I was really looking forward to seeing him after waiting
    2 months for an appointment, what a let down!! Don't waste your money
    by contributing to Joes big house and his many extensions!! What a lucrative business, think I'll teach myself to read the tarot cards and then
    build a mansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sivers

don't waste your time or money on this guy. 4 of us went together, we had to wait outside in our car on a freezing cold evening. He made derogatory comments to each of us about the last person who was in before. He played a guessing game and got everthing wrong, he reads tarot cards which in my opinion need no gift or skill to do. This guy is a fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tormented

He sounds dreadful thanks for that will not ever go near him or anyone I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Giggles1982

Hi myself and 2 friends had readings with Joe today after a 3 month wait. This was my second reading - I didnt think he was amazing i felt he asked me a lot of questions & at times more seems to be giving you advice than being psychic.
    Some things were good - I'm standing for a child ( yes im a godmother recently) , I'll get house keys in March ( currently buying a house ) , my blood pressure is way too high ( deffo is ) , work shift work in a caring profession ( yes) job is safe but i'll do a course & move on ( that is a plan i have ) ,
    Otherthings were vague & some things he seems to say to everyone
    stop analyising things
    get a life
    get a hobby
    stop worrying
    that your living in the past & future , missing out on the present
    get a social life
    laws of attraction - positive thinking
    confidence issues ( true of me in fairness )
    I think the man does have a gift because we were all told some very specific stuff , but other things can be very vague & way off the mark. Perhaps he cant tune into some people as good as others, or if your a total cynic perhaps he can read some people straight away . Although telling someone they have cancer in left breast , or to cancel the liposuction appointment is pretty damn spot on ( he has done this )
    So just if anyone does go be prepared for a very very blunt man , doesnt give a damn, and his readings will be hit & miss but i do believe he has (some) ability.
    Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cup Cake

Hi All, I went to see Joe Gough recently for the 2nd time. I thought he was terrible and I came out angry at myself for being so stupid as to waste 80 euro for a second time. The first time I went I thought he was alright, he hit a few things spot on but it was mostly an analysis of my personality rather than anything else. The first time I went i was very voulnerable because a loved one was sick and he got a lot of information out of me withouth me even realising it. This time he didn't get ANYTHING right at all. He asked me loads of questions and he changed the reading according to my answers. I went with a group and he made horrible remarks about each of us to the next person that went in! He seen us all in the car together and surely knew we'd discuss what he told each of us so I reckon this is deliberate so that people won't go back again, if you go twice you're sure to find out that he's a fake. Either that or he's just looking for publicity by being obnoxious. His wife is equally horrible, she takes the appointments and she is really rude. For 40 minutes he basically ran me and my family into the ground. Told me we were all losers. HE also told me the same stuff he seems to tell everyone:
    I have no life
    I have no hobby
    I have an over active mind
    My other half is very laid back and a saint to put up with me
    My father is very distant
    I'm highly strung
    He told everyone in the group more or less the same thing word for word. He told me how i need to change but then told me that I never would. He made vague and worrying remarks about my parents health in the future and when i questioned him on it he tried to back track. He told me i'm very fertile and that i'd be pregnant by march or april, then he contradicted himself by saying i'd have trouble concieving. He asked another girl in the group very personal questions about her sex life and was very vulgar. To sum up, he's a horrid man who is playing with people's lives and making way too much money in the process. From reading on here he seems to say alot of the same stuff to everyone. Even if he is gifted (which i highly doubt), he's a nasty person who's bound to make you feel bad about yourself. Oh and i think he records you on the sly, i heard a tape recorder clicking while i was in there. ANd beware if you're going in a group of people coz he will tell the next person in there after you all your personal business so if you're in any way private avoid this. Save your money and buy something to make you feel good instead of wasting it on an ear bashing and a lecture. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Mialin

Hi Guys,

I feel I have to tell you that Joe Gough was spot on with me and I felt he could have really told me anything as I went to him at my lowest and I would have believed anything he told me. He didnt do this or pretend he knew things he didnt - whatever he said i felt i could question and I did.

He completely changed my life and I walked out feeling I could do or be anything and that is exactly what happened. I thought he was worth every penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I went to see Joe apx 2 years ago and while he could tell all about my personality, character and the present none of his predictions came true. He gave me advice on different paths to take which I took, but nothing happened in the areas I was expecting. I did however feel very positive about the experience and felt it was like a guidance session. In saying that I haven't been back to him, but wouldn't rule it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tasha.galligan

Hi I would be very interested i going to see Joe can you please send me on his number? I have been to one tarot/celtic card reader before- Eileen in hotel in Athlone and didnt find her great- has anyone else used her and if so how did you find her?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sowhat??

I went to see Joe four years ago with a group of friends.He told me some things that others have already mentioned:
    Have a relatonship with a guard! ( Did not)
    Buy a house by August of that year (Nope)
    Change job by July (wrong)
    He also said some nasty personal things about me to the next person in to see him.Also, he frightened the bejaysus out of me by telling me that my father would die of a heart attack very soon!!(Wrong TG) Basically, this guy is not a nice or caring person and he has no interest in helping people.his primary talent is cold reading, this he is very good at so be warned!
    If you want a lift don't go to see Joe.Get a facial or a hair cut. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cas_k

Why oh why was this thread not here last year when I went to see him. I had read so many good things about Joe that I couldn't wait for my appointment. I think we waited 3 months and the only appointment we got was 8am on a Saturday...... with a time like that he HAD to be good.... How wrong was I..... He critised me and put me down, more or less to the point that I was nearly crying leaving his "shed"!!!!!!! I have been to a few "fortune tellers" or whatever label we put on them and I want to warn ANYONE who is even thinking of going to see Joe Gough... STAY AWAY. Best bit of advice came from the previous poster... if you have 80 euro to spend on a pick me up... get a hair cut even botox!!!!! But don't waste your money on this scam artist. A lot of what he told me I knew already from books like The Secret. He asks far too many questions and I have to say even his cold reading skills aren't up to scratch. If you want to know what he told me... Read the previous posts I got baiscally the same crap.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 holida

Hi Trixie I went to see Joe last Feb with a Friend of mine and i Thought he was so so good somethings have come true so far but alot of what he said was like a year or two ahead of me. :D:)He also told me all about my family and he hit the nail on the head with all of them so much so my sister who was thinking of going to see him has decided not too cause it freaked her out sooo so much. Also my friend has had an interesting home situation all her life and as soon as she went through the door he said it to her. Also Lots of the girls i work with have been to him and they have all had brilliant experiences.
    I hope you and your friend have good experiences with him too.
    Tara

Do you have Joe's phone number Tara pls.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 devais

Is this the guy that holds appointments in a pub in Mullingar - heard he is booked out weeks in advance. A few of my friends have gone but I'm a bit sceptical myself...

Advertisement