Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K Bowl

Options
  • 24-11-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been in yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

intrested in going but will wait for a couple of feedbacks

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

went there on saturday, expectin it to be full of knackers from downthe road but it was fine mostly parents and their children.
    Has some arcade machines not too much and not much variety either ( lots of just samey raceing games and shooting games) some of the machienes are pure broken up already they are kept at the right when you go in, i suspect they got them really cheap or something. the bolwing looks fun its 10 lane , i thougt it looked a bit small tho but i didnt exactly go up to see. all acrades are 2 euro per play which is expensive. it said open late on sat but thye closed at like 8? idk if thats what they mean by late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Going to try this place out tonight. Not expecting anything more exciting than arcades & bowling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

looking forward to going in myself but going to leave it till the novelty is gone off it whatever its like it's better than having to go to carlow anyway

All in all we had a great evening's entertainment.

The Bowling Alley itself is smaller and more compact compared to the spacious Carlow Dome. They made good use of the space though. There are all the arcades, six pool tables (€2 per game though :eek:), Air Hockey etc.

An hour of bowling cost us €29. Between the four of us it worked out fairly cheap. We did have to book it in advance but there were a few lanes free tonight until about 8-ish.
    We had trouble with our lane, it didn't work for the last twenty minutes. They gave us twenty-five free minutes and complimentary popcorn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

is that the place up in macdonagh?

is that the place up in macdonagh?

It is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

An hour of bowling cost us €29. Between the four of us it worked out fairly cheap. We did have to book it in advance but there were a few lanes free tonight until about 8-ish.
    We had trouble with our lane, it didn't work for the last twenty minutes. They gave us twenty-five free minutes and complimentary popcorn!

Already not working? :(

Do you HAVE to book in advance?

KatCookie wrote: »
    Already not working? :(

Do you HAVE to book in advance?

I'd expect all the problems would always have to be ironed out in the first few weeks of opening. The toilets were also closed off. :)

You do not need to book but if you don't like waiting it is recommended. If you are booking for a weekend night make sure and book a few days in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Cool, thanks, might go there for some special occasion. probably works about as cheap as the cinema with a group of friends!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Went the other day, good laugh, me and the lads being lads had to do the boxing thing:D 533 booya suck that sweenox when you see it, i laugh at your 520:P

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

I was a little dissapointed to be honest. They said in the paper months ago that there was going to be 10 professional sized brunswick lanes and that they were going to have a league night during the week. I just dont understand why they dont target one of these places for adults. Put a nice bar in it and have a league night and you'd make more money then kids buying a mr freeze and running around screaming high on sugar for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

Went the other day, good laugh, me and the lads being lads had to do the boxing thing:D 533 booya suck that sweenox when you see it, i laugh at your 520:P
    Well Ive just changed a whole weeks wages to 2euro coins so i'll be practicing ha der was a big guy doin it after us but only got 4 somethin hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sweenox wrote: »
    Well Ive just changed a whole weeks wages to 2euro coins so i'll be practicing ha der was a big guy doin it after us but only got 4 somethin hahahahaha
    so that's a whole 5 coins for ya eh:P
    lol *puts on austrian accent* I laugh at his pueny muscles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

glad iwaited might take the gang this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

jiggajt wrote: »
    I was a little disappointed to be honest. They said in the paper months ago that there was going to be 10 professional sized brunswick lanes and that they were going to have a league night during the week. I just don't understand why they don't target one of these places for adults. Put a nice bar in it and have a league night and you'd make more money then kids buying a mr freeze and running around screaming high on sugar for the day.

Yeah, it's a pity. It would have been nice if they had a league - I for one would've been up for it:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iluvBuckets

Firetrap wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a pity. It would have been nice if they had a league - I for one would've been up for it:(

So they aren't going ahead with a league?
    Has anyone asked about it?
    Seems a bit presumptious(?) that just because they haven't had a league in the first week or two of opening that it's not going ahead.
    Confirmation anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 upthecats

I plan to be in there this weekend and looking forward to it as it sounds pretty cool from what people have been telling me. Kilkenny has badly needed some light entertainment bar pubs and bars!!!!! I can check out about the leagues as well and will let you know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

I was a little dissapointed to be honest. They said in the paper months ago that there was going to be 10 professional sized brunswick lanes and that they were going to have a league night during the week. I just dont understand why they dont target one of these places for adults. Put a nice bar in it and have a league night and you'd make more money then kids buying a mr freeze and running around screaming high on sugar for the day.

so what did you want to see ,all children banned and adults only ?? hardly seems fair when you take into account the lack of places children can actually go for a special treat in kilkenny ,i think that this is a great place to go as a family and i would rather see kids running around high on sugar then adults high on acohol!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

scatty wrote: »
    so what did you want to see ,all children banned and adults only ?? hardly seems fair when you take into account the lack of places children can actually go for a special treat in kilkenny ,i think that this is a great place to go as a family and i would rather see kids running around high on sugar then adults high on acohol!!!:D

Fair point but it would be nice to have a tuesday or wednesday night where they have a league night and a couple of bottles of beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

Fair point but it would be nice to have a tuesday or wednesday night where they have a league night and a couple of bottles of beer.
    I do agree with you and maybe they will eventually organise something like this .Whilst i do see this as a great treat for the children i know myself and many other families will not be able to make it a regular event due to financial consraints and your suggestion of a league night would almost certainly attract a regular clientel.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

A league night would be ideal. It's the kind of thing that could really take off. It'd be not unlike Pub League. Except warmer and with less mud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 upthecats

I was there yesterday and asked about the leagues and the girl behind the counter said it is something they plan to start in the New Year. She said with it just open and the fact they are so busy they haven't had a chance to set up the leagues just yet. Place was pretty busy allright and with none of the toerags that you get in Carlow.:)

Advertisement