Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Jan-April Cork -> LAX/SFO €290 (Return) includes all taxes and charges

• 28-12-2008 7:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

www.Expedia.co.uk

For lots of dates early next year, up to April.

Flights are Cork - LHR - LAX/SFO

Aer Lingus and British airways flights, with full, free international baggage allowances.

First search will give multiple airline results, select BA only and then click "Choose this flight".

It will come back with a better fare, somewhere around £280 stg.
    It is important you click through to this point in order to get the cheaper fares.

For example:

Summary
    1 Ticket / Return
    ORK Cork to
    LAX Los Angeles
    Leave: Tue 3-Mar
    Return: Tue 10-Mar
    1 adult £174.00
    Taxes & Fees £108.45

Total £282.45

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

nice find thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Wow, those are actually return tickets, thats unbelievable. The flights for my J1 over there cost around e700 a few years ago :/

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Glos: First search will give multiple airline results, select BA only and then click "Choose this flight".

Likewise if you select Aer Lingus. Incredibly cheap! Great deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

wow...do ye know if they are safe to book with,never used them before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Swindon wrote: »
    wow...do ye know if they are safe to book with,never used them before

Expedia are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Flights from Shannon to Los Angeles/San Francisco via BA are also showing up with similar fares from when the Aer Lingus Heathrow route is reinstated (March 29th onwards).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Where is choose this flight?, sorry I'm blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

After doing your initial search it will come back with a little table of different airlines.
    Click on the BA logo.

When this page then refreshes it will list below all the different BA flight combinations for the dates you have selected.
    Each combination has "Choose this flight" to the right hand side.

Click on that and it will come back with a "better" price of around £280.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Holy crap.. Now I just need to find somebody to convince to visit San Fran, and some money.. Anybody got some advice on traveling to either of these airports re: cheap accommodation, other advice? Never been to the states, and SF is top of my list...

In addition to my original post, using a similar method can be used to get good deals going the other direction: Asia/New Zealand/Australia

Just click through for the Qantas fares instead of BA.

For instance:
    Cork -> Sydney £725
    Cork-> Auckland £700
    Cork -> Hong Kong £360
    Cork -> Bangkok £590

All these are in £stg so +5% approx for euro.

The sample dates i used are from 3rd - 17th March and all prices are return tickets, inclusive of charges, taxes luggage etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

alanucc wrote: »
    Wow, those are actually return tickets, thats unbelievable. The flights for my J1 over there cost around e700 a few years ago :/

During the summer? I would expect that will be no different in a few months.

During the summer? I would expect that will be no different in a few months.

Sample dates in June 3rd - 10th for Cork - Lax (Return) comes out at £290 inclusive.

Advertisement