Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man-Flu!

Options
  • 30-12-2008 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭

Gawd I'm dying, I feel like my brain is on fire at the moment ahhh

And if you're from Dublin, there's a 10.9% chance that yours is too

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=14829

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Same. I'm dying at the moment.

Somebody come mind me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hungover at this hour?
    Wimp.
    I'm still drinking and I'm properly sick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I have a blocked nose and I feel really sick, but...

FunkZ wrote: »
    I have a blocked nose and I feel really sick, but...
    That's th start of it.

The arm and chest pains come next.
    Then the cough and headaches and stuff.

Disprin helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

calling it Man-flu doesnt change the fact that ur a big girl with the sniffles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

ok now at least i know i'm not the only one suffering, sick since the 18th, on antibiotics for the last week and still feel like crap. No current plans to vacate the bed till I run out of DVDs

Hungover at this hour?
    Wimp.
    I'm still drinking and I'm properly sick too.

I was hungover yesterday. I'm geuninely dying with the flu today.

My bones are even aching.. why? why? Awh :(

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I was hungover yesterday. I'm geuninely dying with the flu today.

My bones are even aching.. why? why? Awh :(
    That's not the man flu.
    The man flu is a hangover.
    you're just a woman.

you're just a woman.

It doesn't change the fact that I'm dying :(

*coughs on terry*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've a minor case of the sniffles at the moment. Must call in sick for a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Crackerspray

I avoided my family for two weeks so I wouldn't catch their colds/vomiting bugs..... got into a taxi today and the driver sneezed on me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

This sums it up perfectly. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I've got it too, in Ennis! This would have been my first year ever without falling ill but alas twas not to be!

DAMN YOU MAN FLU! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i also have it...and work rang me at 6:00am this morning...in the office now..chewing uni-flu and drinkin vit C......least im not training this week...oh id have been a grumpy man then!!!

My sister had the flu over christmas and my brother had an ear infection. So naturally I end up with both. So I'm not only sneezing like crazy and can't hear out my right ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I've got the man flu also, but I prefer coming into work and coughing on all my collegues, hopefully I can make them all sick - the bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

had it several weeks now, seem to catch a new symptom every few days. :(

on to the heaches and hacking chesty cough now, but still got sniffles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

3 folks in my family have it at the moment, I had it 3 weeks ago as did my OH. It's an awful c*nt of a dose that is knocking around this year, I thought I was doing to die a few weeks ago, never had a flu as bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've had the flu twice this year, both times I was in bed for about a week. Actually have a respiratory viral infection at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Im sneezing a wheezing for the last two weeks, I've a pain in me hole with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Great Christmas, drank like a demon, had great craic and didn't piss anyone off (even had a Del-Boy moment with a bar counter lol)... But today, oh my God I have never had a sore throat like it. It's like someone scraping the back of my throat with razor blades. Argggghhh... Suppose it will be a great excuse not to go out tomorrow night eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Iv been sick since Christmas eve didn't stop me going on the p!ss Christmas eve tho. Man flu meh. Just hope im better for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

puked for 2 days about 3 weeks ago, haven't felt right since, have awakened with a sore throat the last two days in a row, am I in for the shizzle? Haven't drank since October or so, definitely not booze related - wish I was feeling right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

mud wrote: »
    puked for 2 days about 3 weeks ago, haven't felt right since, have awakened with a sore throat the last two days in a row, am I in for the shizzle?

Sounds like the shizzle to me, ma frizzle. Stay outta da drizzle!

/fo sho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Yup, got it at the start of December, kinda half recovered from it and got it there again before Christmas, out for the whole of that too. Was the flu but the Doc insists its some kind of infection. I just call it the ''I'm Dying'' flu. Only up and about there now.

Apparently all the Chemists ran out of anti-biotics over the christmas period too. I know what I would of liked in my stocking!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

I got it at the start of December also , had been fine all year then out of the blue it hit me and at first I was just taking panadol cold & flu for it .

But after about a week of that I had to go to the doctors and get antibiotics to shift it, that took about another week to get over it and now two of my sons have it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

I read a report in a newspaper just before Christmas that said the Man Flu thing was a myth and it was actually women who complain more and whinge about a cold! Did anyone else see this report?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Koloman wrote: »
    I read a report in a newspaper just before Christmas that said the Man Flu thing was a myth and it was actually women who complain more and whinge about a cold! Did anyone else see this report?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

sillymoo wrote: »
    No.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3815608/Man-flu-should-be-renamed-woman-flu.html
    Well here you go sillymoo! I knew I wasn't dreaming!

Advertisement