Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drive-by egging in Carpenterstown

Options
  • 16-01-2009 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

My residents association has received a few reports of drive-by egging of women in the early evenings. These attacks have been by 4 youths in a relatively old car. The incidents have also included abusive, sexist and crude language being directed at the women.

Eggs might sound messy buy harmless. Unfortunately this is not the case - eggs thrown hard do hurt!

We have reported the incidents (dates, times and descriptions of the car and the occupants) to the Community Gardai for the area. They are on the lookout and confident that they'll sort this out.

If anyone has had eggs thrown at them then please contact the Community Gardai in Blanchardstown (666-7020). Please also PM me so I can keep track.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've seen a group of lads standing on the bridge there at quinn direct, over the N3, just dropping eggs down onto the cars. the little sh1ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

sorry this might be a little off topic but...
    what annoys me the most are those complete d4 people throwing eggs from their new car.No doubt daddy payed for it.It was very funny when i saw them being pulled over by the police for it.Damn right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

daymobrew wrote: »
    Eggs might sound messy buy harmless. Unfortunately this is not the case - eggs thrown hard do hurt!

Its still assault

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I don't think this is a new craze in Carpenterstown. I lived there two years ago and i saw it happen and i often saw broken eggs on the pavements. It must be due to the age profile of the area. There's a hell of a lot of teenagers around. Especially outside that spar.

If a few convictions are secured it can act as a deterrent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

I laughed when I saw this thread- in all seriousness this kind of stuff goes on right across Dublin. There is always going to be scum bags knocking around and from my dealings with the garda they will not do a thing with these scum bags.

StrawDub wrote: »
    I laughed when I saw this thread- in all seriousness this kind of stuff goes on right across Dublin. .

Great attitude there, where do you think the cycle of crime starting, with a Ph.D from UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

StrawDub wrote: »
    I laughed when I saw this thread- in all seriousness this kind of stuff goes on right across Dublin. There is always going to be scum bags knocking around and from my dealings with the garda they will not do a thing with these scum bags.

Lived in Dublin all my life and not once seen this happen. It's not as widespread as you're saying, so if the Gards nip it in the bud it won't start being so widespread

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

poisonated wrote: »
    sorry this might be a little off topic but...
    what annoys me the most are those complete d4 people throwing eggs from their new car.No doubt daddy payed for it.It was very funny when i saw them being pulled over by the police for it.Damn right too.

Get real ffs. These are little knackers from D15, not somewhere else. Everyone has a car these days, even these little toe-rags. There's plenty of ****holes in D15 that these scumbags could come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I was the victim:pac of one such drive by about four or five months ago while walking down coolmine road towards clonsilla road, just after the train tracks.

Spent the remainder of my walk looking out for the feckers with the intention of hurling a rock at the car should I see them. Very p1ssed off.

If I can recall correctly, the car was a navy VW Polo MkIII around 97/98.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Naos wrote: »
    If I can recall correctly, the car was a navy VW Polo MkIII around 97/98.
    Sorry to hear about the attack.
    I will pass the description onto the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

In the past I have had water balloons chucked at me from a passing car, missed though, and on one ocassion a pizza box, with a slice left in it! Such a waste :P
    These weren't "skanger mobiles" either, nor were the passengers that young looking, and never got a chance to ask them about their 3rd level education or social background so can't say if they were knackers with PhD's from D4 or D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

daymobrew wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the attack.
    I will pass the description onto the Gardai.

No worries dude. Wasn't anything that caused me worry, I'd just liked to have met them at a red light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭confused-dazed

i see these scumabgs are back. to anyone that knows these scum please pass on the following or to the scum themselves if they read this foumn.
    you had a great time tonight in laurel lodge shopping centre pelting cars with eggs. you may find it funny and a great laugh, but i see you didn't have the balls to do it in front of me.well i have some news for you. it takes alot to get up my back but when i'm royaled you better damn well watch out. <snip>
    sorry mods for this but these guys have been getting away with this for a long time. i'd no way of cleaning the car till i got home and the windscreen was completely destroyed.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've edited your post to remove the threatening parts. I'm being lenient because I fully appreciate that you've just been the victim of a bunch of assh*les and wanted to vent. However if I see a post threatening violence like that again I will have no option but to ban you, regardless of the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭confused-dazed

my appologies zaph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Was this reported to the police?

you had a great time tonight in laurel lodge shopping centre pelting cars with eggs. you may find it funny and a great laugh, but i see you didn't have the balls to do it in front of me.well i have some news for you.
    It sounds like you had a good view of them. Did you note the reg plate and car description? How many occupants? Did you report the incident to the Community Gardai (666-7020)?

Please PM me with the details that you do have to see if they match those I already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

I live in Riverwood and I have to say the place has gone to sh1t lately. Some of my neighbours have had their houses egged and there is an endless stream of scum bags coming into the estate over the dividing wall from Warren Park.

I have called the guards and my neighbour has contacted the owners of the wall and sweet f.a. on both fronts. Shame 'cause it is otherwise a lovely estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've heard of this happen to some woman before... somebody lobbed an egg out of their car at her as they were speeding past. The shell got in her eye, and she went blind in that eye.

They somehow managed to track the guy down, he was local and somebody recognised the car. When asked if he threw eggs from his car he admitted it and basically said 'so what?'. He went to jail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Happening In terenure also, a mate got splattered 2 weeks ago. Just after the hit, the car had to stop at the lights at junction at Bradys pub, we ran towards them to 'have a chat' with them, but they shit themselves when they saw 6 of us running at them and ran a red light to get away.

<snip>

marcsignal wrote: »
    <snip>
    Since you have the car details, please report them to the Gardai - mention the egging and red light breaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

atleast its not rocks being thrown around as happens in my area

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

i know lets divert resources from serious crime to the phantom eggers of carpenterstown,lets forget about the joyriders booting around mulhuddart on a nightly basis,the drug problem in dublin 15 and place all gardai in the area on egg alert,actually lets shut down the gardai station in blanchardstown and move it to carpenterstown until this situation is solved:eek::p

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

peteypop, I already deleted your earlier post as it was completely pointless and added nothing to the discussion. That doesn't mean you should post another along the same lines. Please give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

The cop shop in Blanch is huge.

But you rarely see a cop walking the beat.

I've called this station and on several occassions was told
    that due to some carry on (drug heads shooting each other :D )
    they couldn't do anything.

There was me thinking, why can't then send a cop over to the relatively minor problem in my area? are ~all~ the cops on duty on the one job? a drug dealer being shot by another drug dealer (like anyone cares)

One day eggs the next rocks, the next bullets.

Everest is climbed in lots of small steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

i am hurt when i hear of these goings-on in our country. These little pests must be stopped at once i say.. how we stop them is the question. My theory is that weapons are no good, unless you posess a 4 foot samauri sword. its up to the gardai, and they should be able to catch these little twits if they patrol the place more often

patrol? Whats that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hang on folks, the gardai are not at fault here, its the people committing the crime of assault that are at fault, so try to remember that.
    The gardai are humans like you and I, not superhuman omnipotent beings who can magically be on hand anytime there's a crime about to be committed.

Despite the facts that eggs are very easily broken, a drive-by egging is assault, and if done at speed its potentially a very serious assault. Keep reporting these crimes and the perptrators will eventually be tracked down.

Advertisement