Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shhh! TD's award themselves pay rise

Options
  • 06-02-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

However, this Government still has not shown how those who made the most from the boom and have the most will share the burden.

An indication of their unwillingness to take a fair and balanced approach was their proposal on Monday night to give a pay increase to Civil Service Principal Officers on €100,000 p.a. This scale automatically applies to TD’s.

This increase would have been greater than the pay cut a Clerical Officer on starting pay rates is being asked to pay.

Too old to paste links. this has been taken from the CPSU website. Why has this been kept so quiet? :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

axel rose wrote: »
    However, this Government still has not shown how those who made the most from the boom and have the most will share the burden.

An indication of their unwillingness to take a fair and balanced approach was their proposal on Monday night to give a pay increase to Civil Service Principal Officers on €100,000 p.a. This scale automatically applies to TD’s.

This increase would have been greater than the pay cut a Clerical Officer on starting pay rates is being asked to pay.

Too old to paste links. this has been taken from the CPSU website. Why has this been kept so quiet? :mad:

Things cannot go on like this..something will have to crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Its disgraceful them fookers getting another pay hike. They should be getting paid on how good they do. Would save us millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Fuckers. Right, thats it. How the fuck do you start a political party. Once again it's up to me to sort shit out.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Aye, It makes Cowens speech that bit less inspiring..........We all must pull together......unless you earn over 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Has anyone got a link to a news story about this? I've seen the same thing mentioned in another thread with the source being a union.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Benchmark them fvcks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Please tell me this is a piss take?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lining their pockets/pensions before they flee to Bermuda I guess.

Link http://www.cpsu.ie/Images/ListBuilder/pr_special_cpsu_ec_%20feb_9th.doc

javaboy wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to a news story about this? I've seen the same thing mentioned in another thread with the source being a union.
    Cant see the union making it up. This is not my union, I heard the rumour and checked with them......its true Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cant see the union making it up.

Why not, most of what they usually come out with is BS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Nothing to see here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

CPSU general secretary Blair Horan also said that the Government had indicated in the talks earlier this week that it was prepared to pay a 1 per cent rise to principal officers – and TDs who are linked to this grade – which was due under the benchmarking process.
    He said this was extraordinary and meant that TDs would actually get a pay rise in advance of having to pay the new levy.
    The Irish Times

• Registered Users Posts: 33,076 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Of course they've given themselves a payrise. They get the message loud and clear: The public will do nothing about it and then vote is back in next election.

Are you surprised?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

so everyone else in the public sector gets a pay cut and there raise taken from them unless they can vote to give themselves a raise?
    Somebody elect me in the next elections?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Now you can understand why the lower paid members of the public sector were a tad p!ssed off with the pension levy. If there was stronger leadership given, with the TD's openly all taking a dip in wages, people would be quicker to jump on board. Instead, they come up with this crap.

In fairness, it hasn't yet been passed, or implemented, so they may back-track to make sure they don't look too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You can not be serious?!!

If they did we should seriously be out on the street about it. They should be taking huge paycuts. They say we have to cut back by 15% they should have to cut back 30% themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fair play to them. We are such retards that we wouldn't notice

Domo230 wrote: »
    I really hope news of this spreads. Mainstream media tends to ignore important events such as this.
    Thats why I posted it here. I couldnt believe it myself when I heard. I hope this will put an end to the public vs private sector bashing. We are all being shafted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

In fairness, it hasn't yet been passed, or implemented, so they may back-track to make sure they don't look too bad.
    In real fairness, they'd need to back-track their economic policies of the last four years in order to prevent themselves looking bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Lets look acroos the water at whats happening.

The american president is taking money away from sources that the public can easily see are wrong, wall street officials claiming compensation and giving themselves raises. This probably has very little impact on their overall debt but does alot for public morale and opinion.

We however get our lives torn apart to pay a 2 billion debt, essentially keeping the wolves from the door. Everything is getting hit, education, infrastructure, health care.
    But to top it all off the country is still only making about 50% of what we spend every year. How is the economy ever going to get back on its feet when everybody is getting more afraid(and rightly so) of spending their money. The only solutions our ellected representatives can ever seem to come up with is:
    Well in "insert country here" they have this extra tax that we dont have here, all we have to do is implement it and we will be fine!

Fair play to them. We are such retards that we wouldn't notice

lol. So true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Here.
    Now.
    Do It!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

funk-you wrote: »
    Fuckers. Right, thats it. How the fuck do you start a political party. Once again it's up to me to sort shit out.

-Funk

I'll sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Anything on this on Matt Cooper or George Hook? Its great ammo for those boys....might email them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Can anyone confirm if the story is actually true?

*Cough*

Can't find a trustworthy source atm.

All we know is that they may pay it in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I had a search myself and can't find any other source besides the cpsu and The Irish Times article.

I did see something about it on the day of the pension levy announcement but alas can't back up this claim until I find the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Well, even its a proposal, its bloody bad timing. I just took a 15% pay cut.
    But it looks like its linked to benchmarking (grrrrrrrr!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

funk-you wrote: »

-Funk

If i get 30 people on the electoral register in Dublin South to accompany me to the principal officer in Dun Laoghaire (thats all it takes) i'll run in the bi election in the summer, Ye can be the Boards party, i will be yer first representative on a ballot paper :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Lu Tze wrote: »
    i'll run in the bi election

:eek:

Advertisement