Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deportation case mother had fake baby death papers, inquiry told

Options
  • 27-03-2009 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

So its been revealed that this woman Pamela Izevbekhai who never give birth to a daughter she claim died of female genital mutilation. The Irish embassy in Nigeria confirms, "that the registry of deaths in the Surulere district in Lagos for 1994 showed only 55 entries but the certificate produced for Elizabeth Izevbekhai was entered as number 56". A Nigerian obstetrician has dismissed a document, allegedly signed by him, as a forgery. He also rejected Mrs Izevbekhai's claim that she gave birth to a daughter, Elizabeth, in February 1993 and that the girl died on July 16, 1994, following female genital mutilation. How much of our tax was wasted on this woman in countless appeals. This is absolutely disgusting.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/deportation-case-mother-had-fake-baby-death-papers-inquiry-told-1688446.html

By Tom Brady Security Editor

Friday March 27 2009

A NIGERIAN woman who is facing deportation used forged documentation to back up claims that her first child died after being subjected to female genital mutilation, a garda investigation has been told.

Inquiries by the garda national immigration unit in Nigeria have uncovered apparent discrepancies in the case presented by Pamela Izevbekhai to the High Court and Supreme Court in Dublin and to the European Court of Human Rights.

A Nigerian obstetrician has dismissed a document, allegedly signed by him, as a forgery. He also rejected Mrs Izevbekhai's claim that she gave birth to a daughter, Elizabeth, in February 1993 and that the girl died on July 16, 1994, following female genital mutilation.

The findings represent a potentially serious blow to the prospects of Mrs Izevbekhai overturning a Supreme Court decision supporting her deportation in her appeal to the European Court of Human Rights.

Consultant

In an affidavit lodged with the European Court in Strasbourg, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist Dr Joseph Unokanjo, who practises at Isioma Hospital, in Lagos, says he can confirm that no baby called Elizabeth Izevbekhai was delivered by him at the hospital and no baby of that name has ever been treated by him for any ailment, including post-circumcision complications. Gar- dai were also told there is no evidence of Elizabeth's death at the registry of deaths in Lagos, although a death certificate was presented to the Irish courts on behalf of Mrs Izevbekhai.

Dr Unokanjo says he did not sign an affidavit purported to have been sworn by him on March 9, 2006, and did not issue a certificate of cause of death, which purported to come from Isioma hospital on July 17, 1994. Confirming the signatures are not his, he also says he is incorrectly described on that affidavit as a surgeon, and that the hospital stamp and hospital address are false. He emphasises the purported affidavit was not made by him and says he believes it is a forgery.

Dr Unokanjo has practised at Isioma hospital since 1992, when it was founded, and is a medical director there.

He says Pamela Izevbekhai was his patient before she married and at the time was known as Enitan West, and after her marriage as Enitan Izevbekhai.

Dr Unokanjo also says Mrs Izevbekhai had her first baby at Isioma Hospital in 2000. He was her attending doctor and he could confirm that it was her first child.

Asylum

He recalled that Pamela Enitan Izevbekhai telephoned him some years ago requesting him to issue a death certificate in respect of a dead child to enable her to be given asylum in the Republic of Ireland. He told her he did not involve himself in such activities, particularly since he was aware that she neither had a baby before 1999, and nor had she lost a baby.

Dr Unokanjo also states the alleged medical certificate of the 'cause of death' is a forgery.

Paul McHenry, third secretary at the Irish Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, describes how he had been shown that the registry of deaths in the Surulere district in Lagos for 1994 showed only 55 entries but the certificate produced for Elizabeth Izevbekhai was entered as number 56.

- Tom Brady Security Editor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Does the article state if she needs a lift to the airport or not ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

As i've said before this whole geniatl mutilation thing is a con-job.
    Nobody has it done without the mothers consent so anybody who uses it as an excuse to avoid deportation is a liar.

Why is she still here?The lefty,busybody,know-nothing Irish Pc brigade have fought her corner even though she's costing THEM money with her bullshiit appeals.
    Throw her and her brood out of the country and the wanky apologists along with her.

How bad of a day are oyu having when you falsify a document and number it as #56 and then it turns out that there were only 55 done all year ?

That's being 'F***** by the fickle finger of fate' right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublin1600

Roddy Doyle has been a huge supporter of this woman. He now has enough material for a non-fiction.

Dublin1600 wrote: »
    Roddy Doyle has been a huge supporter of this woman. He now has enough material for a non-fiction.

How is he going to cast Colm Meaney in this one ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

enough for a best seller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

female genital mutilation is disgusting, this woman was trying to protect her children as im sure anybody with children or even nieces/ sisters would do.

if you thought somebody you loved was going to be put through a horiffic ordeal such as this, would you not be willing to do anything to prevent it.

this woman is brave and is being a responsible parent by standing up to to something that she belives is wrong.

and who are we to say that the doctor is not telling fibbs, this is a highly controversial subject in africa etc. and perhaps he was just trying to save face and make her look bad because he is ashamed of what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

figures

female genital mutilation is disgusting, this woman was trying to protect her children as im sure anybody with children or even nieces/ sisters would do.

if you thought somebody you loved was going to be put through a horiffic ordeal such as this, would you not be willing to do anything to prevent it.

this woman is brave and is being a responsible parent by standing up to to something that she belives is wrong.

and who are we to say that the doctor is not telling fibbs, this is a highly controversial subject in africa etc. and perhaps he was just trying to save face and make her look bad because he is ashamed of what happened.

I think you have been reading too many conspiracy theories, do you think 9 11 was done by the U.S government, do you believe in little green men? I can't wait to be rid of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Youre crazy. Im gonna go with shes been tellin lots of porkies to stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I couldn't give a **** about my taxes being 'wasted' if it raises the issue of genital mutilation.

LOL, in my books she is a lying sack of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Does the article state if she needs a lift to the airport or not ?

Are you kidding? Airport? Eh forgery of documents and attempt to mislead the Irish state. A lift to Mountjoy surely?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

WindSock wrote: »
    I couldn't give a **** about my taxes being 'wasted' if it raises the issue of genital mutilation.

Well raise it somewhere else...its a con job because nobody beleives the cock and bull stories about persecution,stoning bla blah blah.

Degsy wrote: »
    As i've said before this whole geniatl mutilation thing is a con-job.
    Nobody has it done without the mothers consent so anybody who uses it as an excuse to avoid deportation is a liar.

this is a bit of a sweepeing statement, in most place FGM is something that is enforced by the MEN to keep the girls ''clean living virgins'' until marriage and to make sure that sex is more enjoyable for the men as the vagina remains tight after child birth etc.

but her "case" is bogus

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Airport? Eh forgery of documents and attempt to mislead the Irish state. A lift to Mountjoy surely?

Do you really want to pay for her accomodations for another extended stay ? Not to mention the kids ??

How close can Ryanair get them to Nigeria ?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Why waste more tax payers mopney keeping her in the Joy? Deport her and her brood asp.

Do you really want to pay for her accomodations for another extended stay ? Not to mention the kids ??

How close can Ryanair get them to Nigeria ?

True.

How far out is International waters and can ryanair carry a raft and oar?

• Advertisement

True.

How far out is International waters and can ryanair carry a raft and oar?

Welcome back to the fold my brother !!

Eh all your taxes were wasted to prove that asylum seekers can and will lie. Not a great positive.

rkeane wrote: »
    I think you have been reading too many conspiracy theories, do you think 9 11 was done by the U.S government, do you believe in little green men? I can't wait to be rid of her.

no, but i do have a vagina so i can appreciate where she is coming from on this one, i like mine the way it is and i sure as hell know that if some dude was gonna come at me with a rusty blade de-sex me and sew me up so that my husband could enjoy sex i'd be a bit pissed of too.

this poor woman is being ganged up on and silenced by her own country so they can avoid having to face up to the fact that this is barbaric thing to be carrying on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

i do give a **** if my hard earned tax is wasted on this Nigerian scammer

she should be made apologise to the Irish people and then jailed

no, but i do have a vagina so i can appreciate where she is coming from on this one

Pics or it didn't happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Nigerians yet again proving themselves to be the most dishonest bunch of crooks ever. Welcome to Ireland my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I suppose the lawyers have to keep busy somehow.
    And they'll probably launch yet another appeal after this.

Why can't they just do one court case and agree to abide by it instead of launching countless appeals? Who is paying for Pamela's legal team?
    And if they decide to launch some Human Rights abuse case to Europe are we going to pay for that too?
    Their cases in Ireland have all failed so going to Europe is the next step I suppose

mikemac wrote: »
    I suppose the lawyers have to keep busy somehow.
    And they'll probably launch yet another appeal after this.

Why can't they just do one court case and agree to abide by it instead of launching countless appeals? Who is paying for Pamela's legal team?
    And if they decide to launch some Human Rights abuse case to Europe are we going to pay for that too?
    Their cases in Ireland have all failed so going to Europe is the next step I suppose

If the legal team is actually fighting for justice, could we not send them to Nigeria to the actual cause of the situation ?

Just seems like the logical thing to do.

Ryanair, rubber raft, oars, legal team ...check.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Just to clarify the report said...
    So its been revealed that this woman Pamela Izevbekhai who never give birth to a daughter she claim died of female genital mutilation.

She is a liar and both she and her brood should be removed from this nation ASAP, anybody else who thinks Nigeria can be changed should go with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

what personally annoys me about this is not her or her family but the uselessness of the whole system.
    The Dublin convention is obviously not worth a sh!te. If it were of any use I would assume that >70% of asylum seekers could be deported within hours. Thereafter the fact that the initial decision can take years, followed by many more years of appears is pure daft.
    I have no problem with economic emigrants, nor with asylum seekers, and I even understand economic emigrants pretending (lying) to be asylum seekers. I equally have no problem with them being efficiently assessed and deported.
    However, the reality is that is takes years for the authorities to process applicants, and then years more for appeals etc. So by that time a decision is made these bogus asylum seekers have embedded themselves in the community and more importantly often have school going children who know no other country than Ireland. It aggravates me that this government ineptitude creates a situation where people who clearly should have been kicked out within 10 minutes of arrival are here for years. the consequence of which is untold stress and trauma for children who have known nothing but Ireland for as long as they can remember.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement