Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 2009 Boards.ie Draft (Picks thread)

• 02-04-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Right, this thread is for draft picks only! I'm asking Shaun to delete (or move to the main thread) any posts made here that are not draft picks or rulings by me or MNG. So only post here if it's your turn to make your draft pick.

Here's a link to the discussion thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055527170

So with that, the draft is now open!!!
    ***Sets off dangerous amounts of pyro in close proximity to ShawnRaven***

Here's the picks order for round nine!:

1. SlickRic
    2. BountyHunter
    3. Mr. Nice Guy
    4. Jolt2007
    5. Jayhaitch2
    6. Chong
    7. Voltwad
    8. Furious-Red
    9. Comic-Book-Guy
    10. Mr. Guappa
    11. Minto
    12. Orestes
    13. Cactus Col
    14. Fozzy
    15. MuffDaddy
    16. RebelRockChick
    17. flahavaj
    18. gimmick
    19. Bubs101

Currently drafted
    Bubs101: Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Mistico, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi, Art Barr, Johnny Ace, Steve Williams

Fozzy: Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Kenta Kobashi, Gail Kim, Molly Holly, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Yuji Nagata, Magnum TA, Brad Armstrong, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Frank Shamrock

Rebel Rock Chick: Shawn Michaels, Chris Daniels, Ted DiBiase Jr, Cody Rhodes, Jeff Jarrett, Evan Bourne, Eric Young, Petey Williams, Natalya, Angelina Love, Velvet Skye, Jenny McCarthy

Minto: Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, William Regal, MVP, JBL, Ron Simmons, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Sara Del Rey, Chris Hero, Paul Burchill, Katie Lea Burchill, William Shatner

Mr. Nice Guy: The Rock, Jake Roberts, Big Show, Beth Phoenix, Santino Marella, Shane McMahon, Muhammad Hassan, Shane Helms, Rosey, Hardcore Holly, Crash Holly, Mr T.

orestes: Bret Hart, Samoa Joe, John Morrison, The Miz, Paul London, Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn, Shannon Moore, Jimmy Yang, Sonny Siake, Jorge Estrada, Amazing Red, Tito Ortiz

Cactus Col: Kurt Angle, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Batista, Kevin Nash, Sgt Slaughter, Sandman, Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, Ric Flair, George W. Bush

Jolt2007: The Undertaker, Ted DiBiase, Mike Rotondo, Jushin Liger, The Great Muta, Tito Santana, Virgil, Ultimo Dragon, Dragon Kid, Kevin Von Erich, David Von Erich, Jim Cornette, Barack Obama

Voltwad: John Cena, Kane, Rocco Rock, Johnny Grunge, Shelton Benjamin, The Godfather, Bull Buchanan, Candice Michelle, Victoria, Brian Knobbs, Jerry Sags, Stephanie McMahon, Lawrence Taylor

MuffDaddy: Mick Foley, Rob Van Dam, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, Tazz, Raven, Chuck Palumbo, Sean O'Haire, Paul Orndorff, Val Venis, Stevie Richards, Arnold Schwarzenegger

SlickRic: Sting, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, Austin Aries, Ken Shamrock, Yokozuna, Jacques Rougeau, Raymond Rougeau, Mike Tyson

gimmick: Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, CM Punk, KENTA, Naomichi Marufuji, Lo Ki, Brian Kendrick, Homicide, Travis Tomko, Giant Bernard, Doug Williams

Chong: Randy Orton, Sabu, Bobby Lashley, Masato Tanaka, Shinjiro Ohtani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Earthquake, Typhoon, Tajiri, Rhino, Brutus Beefcake, Mickey Rourke

Furious-Red: Edge, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Ken Kennedy, Hernandez, Consequences Creed, Jay Lethal, Jack Swagger, Kiyoshi, Sheik Abdul Bashir, Pamela Anderson

Mr. Guappa: Goldberg, Rick Rude, Kerry Von Erich, Mitsuharu Misawa, Mr Guappa, Sid Vicious, Nigel McGuinness, Rikishi, Scott Taylor, Floyd Mayweather

Flahavaj: Eddie Guerrero, Ricky Steamboat, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Vince McMahon, Lex Luger, Nikita Koloff, Barry Darsow, Satoru Sayama, Ted Turner

Bounty Hunter: Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid, Bryan Danielson, Vader, Trish Stratus, Carlito, Aja Kong, Awesome Kong, Steve Corino, Big Boss Man, Akeem, Abyss, Muhammad Ali

jayhaitch2: Mr Perfect, Chris Benoit, Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Eddie Gilbert, Chris Candido, King Kong Bundy, Al Snow, Marty Janetty, Godzilla

OrtonViper: Brock Lesnar, Booker T, Christian Cage, Rey Mysterio, Diamond Dallas PageELIMINATED DUE TO BAN

C-B-G: Triple H, AJ Styles, Devon Dudley, Bubba-Ray Dudley, Matt Hardy, Lita, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Test, Stacy Kiebler, Eric BischoffELIMINATED DUE TO BAN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

To avoid confusion between the two threads, this one is being made a sticky. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

OrtonViper wrote: »
    mistake

you have to wait until they say the order in which we are picking..Delete your post before someone else sees it and picks him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Hulk Hogan
    Hulk_Hogan_-_Terry_Bolea_15_3_.jpg
    In wrestling there are two people who's brilliance nobody will ever be able to capture again and only one of them is eligible for this draft. The biggest consistent draw eligible was the greatest face ever and one of the best heels. Drove the WWF to it's heights in the 80's and nearly brought it down with his WCW work in the 90's. He may have been limited in the ring but nobody cared. Don't believe me? Listen to the reaction at Wrestlemania 3 compared to Wrestlemania X8. 15 years apart but virtually no difference and he was booked as a heel in X8. While there are a host of wrestlers on the same technichal plateau (Bret, Angle, HBK, Benoit) nobody is on Hogan's level and nobody ever will

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There's only one man for me

stonecoldsteveaustin.jpg

Stone Cold Steve Austin

I don't think I have to go through a list of accomplishments. The man made a huge impact on wrestling as well as society. Whereas Hogan was a bright and colourful character who captured kids' minds, Austin was a no-nonsense hero to millions of teenagers and young adults

Many people often just remember him as a brawling wrestler, mostly punches and stomps, overlooking that he was a tremendously talented wrestler before his neck injury forced him to change his style. Add that to his almost unmatched ability to connect with a crowd on the mic and he had all the tools to be an incredible success

I feel like I'm getting one of the most versatile and well rounded picks that there is, as well as arguably the biggest star ever in wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Shawn Michaels

HBK.jpg

"You havent seen The ShowStopper until The HeartBreak Kid enters the ring."

My first pick is none other than the heartbreak kid, Shawn Michaels. A charismatic showman, skilled wrestler and always entertaining on the mic. As a favourite of mine, he has always shown he can hold his own, whether it be in singles competition or as part of a tag team. One of the greats and, surely, a future hall of famer.

Title History & Accomplishments:
    NWA Central States Tag Team titles title w/Marty Jannetty defeating The Batten Twins (May 15, 1986); AWA World Tag Team titles w/Marty Jannetty defeating Buddy Rose & Doug Somers (January 27, 1987); AWA World Tag Team titles w/Marty Jannetty defeating Randy Rose & Dennis Condrey (December 27, 1987);
    (Tennessee) Southern Tag Team titles w/Marty Jannetty defeating Mike Davis & Tommy Lane (October 26, 1987);
    (Tennessee) Southern Tag Team titles w/Marty Jannetty defeating Mike Davis & Tommy Lane (November 22, 1987);
    WWF Intercontinental title defeating The British Bulldog (November 8, 1992 - SNME);
    WWF Intercontinental title defeating Marty Jannetty (June 6, 1993);
    WWF Tag Team titles w/Diesel defeating The Headshrinkers (August 28, 1994 - Live Event);
    WWF Royal Rumble last eliminating The British Bulldog (January 22, 1995 );
    WWF Intercontinental title defeating Jeff Jarrett (July 23, 1995);
    WWF Heavyweight title defeating Bret Hart in an Iron Man Match (March 31, 1996 - Wrestlemania 12); WWF Royal Rumble last eliminating Diesel (January 21, 1996);
    WWF Heavyweight title defeating Sycho Sid (January 19, 1997 - Royal Rumble);
    WWF Tag Team titles w/Steve Austin defeating Owen Hart & British Bulldog (May 26, 1997);
    WWF European title defeating The British Bulldog (September 20, 1997 - One Night Only);
    WWF Heavyweight title defeating Bret Hart (November 9, 1997 - Survivor Series);
    (WWE) World Heavyweight title winning the Elimination Chamber (November 17, 2002 - Survivor Series); (WWE) World Tag Team titles w/John Cena defeating Edge & Randy Orton (January 29, 2007 - RAW);

Pro Wrestling Illustrated:
    PWI Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Chris Jericho
    PWI Match of the Year (1993)[158] vs. Marty Jannetty on Monday Night Raw on May 17
    PWI Match of the Year (1994)[159] vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at WrestleMania X
    PWI Match of the Year (1995)[6] vs. Diesel at WrestleMania XI
    PWI Match of the Year (1996)[6] vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
    PWI Match of the Year (2004)[158] vs. Chris Benoit and Triple H at WrestleMania XX
    PWI Match of the Year (2005)[158] vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21
    PWI Match of the Year (2006)[158] vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania 22
    PWI Match of the Year (2007)[158] vs. John Cena on Raw on April 23
    PWI Match of the Year (2008)[158] vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
    PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1995, 1996)[159]
    PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1996[160]
    PWI ranked him #10 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003[161]
    PWI ranked him #33 of the Top 100 Tag Teams of the "PWI Years" with Marty Jannetty in 2003[162]

Slammy Award for Best Slammin' Jammin' Entrance (1996)
    Slammy Award for Best Threads (1996)
    Slammy Award for Squared Circle Shocker (1996) Won for collapsing; Owen Hart accepts the award for making Michaels collapse
    Slammy Award for Master of Mat Mechanics (1996)
    Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1996) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at SummerSlam
    Slammy Award for Leader of the New Generation (1996)
    Slammy Award for Best Finisher (1997)
    Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1997) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
    Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2008) vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards:
    Best Babyface (1996)
    Feud of the Year (2004) vs. Triple H and Chris Benoit
    Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Chris Jericho
    Match of the Year (1994) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at WrestleMania X
    Match of the Year (2008) vs. Chris Jericho in a Ladder match at No Mercy
    Most Charismatic (1995, 1996)
    Tag Team of the Year (1989) with Marty Jannetty as The Rockers
    Worst Feud of the Year (2006) with Triple H vs. Shane and Vince McMahon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Last year, my biggest problem was that I had a 'heel heavy' roster, so for my first pick this year, I'm picking someone, who in my opinion, plays the face/heel roles excellantly.

My first pick of the 2009 Boards.ie draft is....
    The Man of 1004 Holds, the Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla, the Lionheart, "Y2J" Chris Jericho.

cjer_08112008hmm__8_728797a.jpg

Boards.ie will neeeeeeever, eeeeeeeeever be the same aaaaagain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finally...The Rock...has come BACK to the Boards Draft!

2,2.%20the%20rock%20wwf%20champ.jpg

The Great One's talents I'm sure are known to every single wrestling fan. I would argue he is the most entertaining wrestler of all time who captivated the millions...and millions of wrestling fans around the world in the late nineties, early 2000s. It also must be said The Rock could get it done in the ring too and while he lacked the technical prowess of others, he was nonetheless a fine athlete who worked hard and rarely if ever had the fans going home disappointed with what they got from him.

He can work exceptionally well as a babyface or a heel and is definitely a guy you want to build a roster around.

And let's not forget he's a great singer to boot...

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bret Hart

The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be

bret-hart-photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The King of Kings!
    The Cerebral assassin!
    The Lucky son-in-law!

Whatever you want to call him, I like to call him:
    triple20h7js6.jpg
    Triple H!!
    You talk about your controversial superstars over the years, people like John Cena, Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels. But NONE of them compare to the controversy that this man has brought with him through his top-of-the-ladder career!

A 13 time world champion,
    Spearheaded 2 of the most controversial factions that pro wrestling has ever seen,
    And is one hell of a funny guy:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I did not see myself making this pick. I had assumed he would have been picked by now. But if there was one man, ONE MAN, that I would want to lead my roster it is Kurt Angle. One of the best Technical wrestlers ever, also great with his promos, a fantastic heel, and a brilliant face.

KurtAngleBelt.jpg
    Professional wrestling

* Cauliflower Alley Club
    o Future Legend Award (2000)

* Inoki Genome Federation
    o IWGP Third Belt Championship (1 time)[20]

* Power Pro Wrestling
    o PPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[123]

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    o PWI Comeback of the Year (2003)[124]
    o PWI Feud of the Year (2000)[125]vs. Triple H
    o PWI Feud of the Year (2003)[126] vs. Brock Lesnar
    o PWI Feud of the Year (2007) vs. Samoa Joe
    o PWI Match of the Year (2003)[127] vs. Brock Lesnar in a 60-minute Iron Man match on SmackDown!, September 16
    o PWI Match of the Year (2005)[128] vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 21
    o PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2000)[129]
    o PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2001)[130]
    o PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2003)[131]
    o PWI Rookie of the Year (2000)[132]
    o PWI Wrestler of the Year (2003)[133]
    o PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2001[134]

* Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    o TNA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[19]
    o TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Sting[135]
    o TNA X Division Championship (1 time)[19]
    o King of the Mountain (2007)
    o Second Triple Crown Champion (1 time)

* World Wrestling Entertainment
    o WCW United States Championship (1 time)[13]
    o WCW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[12]
    o World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[11]
    o WWF/E Championship (4 times)[10]
    o WWF European Championship (1 time)[15]
    o WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)[16]
    o WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)[14]
    o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[17] – with Chris Benoit
    o Tenth Triple Crown Champion
    o Fifth Grand Slam Championship
    o King of the Ring (2000)

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    o Best Gimmick (2000)
    o Best on Interviews (2002)
    o Best Technical Wrestler (2002)
    o Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Brock Lesnar
    o Match of the Year with Chris Benoit vs. Edge and Rey Mysterio, No Mercy 2002
    o Most Improved (2000)
    o Most Outstanding Wrestler (2001–2003)
    o Readers' Favorite Wrestler (2002–2003)
    o Wrestler of the Year (2002)
    o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2004)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'll pick....

the_undertaker.jpg

One of the greatest big men of all time and one of wrestling greatest "gimmick." for almost twenty years he has been at the top of his profession.
    Multiple time WWF/WWE World Champion and a stalwart in the WWE for the last two decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You can Love him or You can Hate him but there is no denying this guy has been the most popular wrestler since early 2005 onwards...Makes WWE the most money at the moment..Class on the mic..Very good in the ring...

My choice is the Doctor of Thuganomics..JOHN CENA..ABADOOOOOOOOOO

JohnCena002.jpg

* Ohio Valley Wrestling
    o OVW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[12]
    o OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time)[31] – with Rico Constantino
    o PWI Feud of the Year vs. Edge (2006)[135]
    o PWI Match of the Year vs. Shawn Michaels - Raw, April 23 (2007)[136]
    o PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2003)[137]
    o PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2004, 2005, 2007)[138]
    o PWI Wrestler of the Year (2006, 2007)[139]
    o PWI ranked #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2006 and 2007[140][141]
    * Ultimate Pro Wrestling
    o UPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[11]
    * World Wrestling Entertainment
    o World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[142]
    o World Tag Team Championship (2 times)[9] – with Shawn Michaels (1) and Batista (1)
    o WWE Championship (3 times)[7]
    o WWE United States Championship (3 times)[8]
    o Royal Rumble Winner (2008)
    o Wrestler of the Year (2007)
    o Best Box Office Draw (2007)
    o Best on Interviews (2007)
    o Most Charismatic (2006–2008)
    o Best Gimmick (2003)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

My first pick is Mick Foley

Cactus.jpg

f7e3d207.jpg

100318201.jpg

Foley has just about every tool required to be a top man on any roster - he has been involved in some of the sickest matches in wrestling history, he could play a demonic psycho and also a loveable clown. By and large a face for most of his career, he also demonstrated that he could be an awsome heel. There's not many out there who can cut a promo like Foley either.

A 3 time WWE champion, the man responsible for breaking WCW's dominance in the Monday night wars, and a good friend of Melina - the hardcore ledgend.

Have a nice day!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I didn't expect to get this guy, even at #12. The word 'icon' can be thrown around a lot in the wrestling business. Ironically it is the moniker that my 1st pick is currently operating under in his current promotion. He is worthy of it though. I give you the one and only....

StingArt_130GG_thumb.jpg

Sting

Jim Crockett Promotions/World Championship Wrestling
    NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    NWA World Television Championship (1 time)
    WCW International World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    WCW World Heavyweight Championship (6 times)
    WCW World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Lex Luger (1), The Giant (1), and Kevin Nash (1)
    NWA Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament (1988) NWA Iron Man Tournament (1989)
    WCW Battlebowl Battle Royal (1991)
    WCW King of Cable Tournament (1992)
    WCW European Cup (1994, 2000)

Pro Wresting Illustrated

PWI Comeback of the Year (2006)
    PWI Match of the Year(1991) with Lex Luger vs. the Steiner Brothers at SuperBrawl
    PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (1988)
    PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (1990)
    PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1991, 1992, 1994, 1997)
    PWI Wrestler of the Year (1990)
    PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1992
    PWI ranked him #15 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003
    PWI ranked him #52 of the Top 100 Tag Teams of the "PWI Years" with Lex Luger in 2003

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    TNA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times, current)
    TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Kurt Angle

Universal Wrestling Federation
    UWF World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Eddie Gilbert (2) and Rick Steiner (1)
    World Wrestling All-Stars
    WWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    Best Babyface (1992)
    Match of the Year (1988) vs. Ric Flair at Clash of the Champions I
    Most Charismatic (1988, 1992)
    Most Improved (1988)
    Worst Worked Match of the Year (1995) vs. Tony Palmore at Battle 7

Debuting in 1985, the man had everything in his locker in order to be a top guy in this business. He had the charisma. He had the work ethic. He had the talent. I would argue he is one of the top 2 or 3 babyfaces EVER. Fans found it almost impossible to boo him.

One of the highlights for me are his series with Ric Flair in the 80s and 90s. Just compelling imo. He also had a high profile feud with Hogan during the nWo days.

Even today he's on top of the tree in TNA; they're title holder for months now. He is a more than worthy addition to any roster, and will form the steady foundation at which the rest of my promotion will be built around.

Ric Flair on Sting:
    (a bit of a paraphrase from what I can remember, but the sentiment is worth adding!!)...

'Sting was such a joy, and so smooth to work with. I just wish Sting had had the chance to work with a guy like Vince McMahon. He could have been THE biggest star'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am going on a completely different tangent from last time. My first pick will be a surprise, and many will put it in Orestes category of silliness when he picked Lance Storm second. However, with all that said, my first pick is the best tag team in th world at present - The Murder City Machine Guns, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin. I am far too hungover to explain why or give a write up.

33ynz8j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

randy-orton-132--entrance-%C2%A9photofile.jpg

"I hear voices in my head..."

Having been pipped to the post so to speak on some of my first choices, i decided to take a different approach.

The youngest world heavyweight champion ever, a third generation superstar, Orton is the man I want at the top of my roster.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Since DQ took my first pick here is my back up pick

THE RATED R SUPERSTAR

rawchmp.jpg
    * Insane Championship Wrestling
    o ICW/MWCW Mid-West Unified Tag Team Championship (1 time)[132] – with Joe E. Legend
    o ICW Streetfight Tag Team Championship (2 times)[133] – with Christian Cage (1) and Joe. E Legend (1)

* New Tokyo Pro Wrestling
    o NTPW Pro Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Christian Cage[134]

* Outlaw Championship Wrestling
    o OCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)[citation needed] – with Psycho Joe Sampson

o PWI Comeback of the Year (2004)[135]
    o PWI Feud of the Year (2005)[136] vs. Matt Hardy
    o PWI Feud of the Year (2006) [136] vs. John Cena
    o PWI Match of the Year (2000)[137] with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz in a Triangle Ladder match at Wrestlemania 2000
    o PWI Match of the Year (2001)[137] with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match at WrestleMania X-Seven
    o PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2006)[138]
    o PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2001)[139]
    o PWI ranked him # 2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2007.[140]

* Southern States Wrestling
    o SSW Tag Team Championship (1 time)[3] – with Christian Cage

* World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
    o WCW United States Championship (1 time)1[141]
    o World Heavyweight Championship (4 times, current)[142][143][144][145]
    o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (11 times)[146][147]– with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Randy Orton (1), and Hulk Hogan (1)
    o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)[148]
    o WWE Championship (4 times)[149][150][151][152]
    o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[153] – with Rey Mysterio (1)
    o King of the Ring (2001)[15]
    o Mr. Money in the Bank (2005,[16] 20072)[80]
    o Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) with Vickie Guerrero[154]
    o Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion

o Match of the Year (2002) with Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle at No Mercy
    o Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Christian
    o Worst Worked Match of the Year (2008) vs. Triple H and Vladimir Kozlov at Survivor Series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

The Next Big Thing

Brock Lesnar

BROC.jpg
    I chosse Brock because he has great strength, great tcechnical ability and he is good on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

WHO'S NEXT??

0000585743-76710L.jpg

GOLDBERG

Not many guys have been a World Champion in both WCW and WWE,
    Overshadowed the NWO in WCW during his 1998/99 peak,
    I am delighted to get him at this stage and would have taken him ahead of some of those already picked

Titles Held
    WWE World Heavyweight Champion
    WCW World Heavyweight Champion
    WCW United States Champion (2)
    WCW World Tag Team Champion (with Bret Hart)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Eduardo Gory Guerrero

eddieguerrero_biobild1.jpg
    I’m absolutely delighted to be able to pick Eddie as my first choice in the draft. When I was drawn way down in 18th place I presumed that he’d have been snapped up way before this.

To me Eddie is the ideal first draft pick. More than anything his incredible versatility both in and out of the ring make him a fantastic asset to any roster. When planning my roster over the last few days, I made the decision that my number one criteria for picking a wrestler was that they were someone who I would happily pay money to go and see perform. I’m not going to pick people just because they’ll appeal to the masses or because they’ve won multpiple titles. With that in mind I can honestly say that there are few wrestlers from any era who have entertained me as much as Eddie has over the years.

This guy has got it all. He’s equally adept at working heel or face, which as Minto said earlier when he picked Jericho, is very important when choosing guys in this draft. As a heel hes a slimy little b*astard, a role which he plays to a tee and hes at his most natural in this role. Hoever he’s a pretty great face as well and he was over as hell around the period he won theWWE title in 2004. He’s equally adept at playing the symapthetic face in peril as he is at the goofy comedy schtick thats needed in the modern world of Sports Entertainment. In fact his versatility as a performer was never more in evidence as around 2002-2004 when he flipped between face and heel with seemingly effortless ease, excelloing in both roles.

In the ring, there are very few who can match Guerrero. He can work any style thats needed, from his roots in the lucha libre tradition, to Japanese Strong Style, wheere he worked as Black Tiger in the 90’s, to WCW cruiserweight style to WWE heavyweight style, Eddie can do it all. I would personally put him in one of the top 10 ever as far as in-ring performance goes. Hes a brilliant tag team wrestler and has tagged to great effect with a variety of guys over the years. The hair Vs mask tag match from When Worlds Collide in 1995 is without doubt in my top 3 matches of all time and was voted Match of the Year in the Observer that year. Indeed he is no stranger to WON awards having been voted Most Charismatic and Best Interview in the past and in Best tag Team (twice with different partners) and Best Feud, all of which just goes to re-emphasis his varied range of talents as a performer.

Another great thing about him is that he seems to have been totally devoid of ego. Hes never baulked at doing the right thing for business in the past and putting others over, and his fellow professionals have only ever spoken in glowing terms about him. Certainly none of the dressing room problems that apply to the likes of HHH of Hogan would be a worry in booking Eddie.
    So there you have it. I’m delighted as I’ve said to be able to use Guerrero on my roster. As one of the great all rounders in the history of professional wrestling, hes an ideal guy around which to build a company.

Viva la Raza!

Career accomplishments:
    * Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
    o AAA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[162] - with Art Barr
    o AAA Hall of Fame (Class of 2008)[163]

* Extreme Championship Wrestling
    o ECW World Television Championship (2 times)[11]

* Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South
    o IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[81]

* Latin American Wrestling Association
    o LAWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[citation needed]

* New Japan Pro Wrestling
    o NJPW Junior Heavyweight Super Grade Tag League Championship (1 time)[162] - with The Great Sasuke
    o Best of the Super Juniors (1996)

* Pro Wrestling Federation
    o PWF World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[162] - with Hector Guerrero

o PWI Comeback of the Year (1999)[164]
    o PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2002)[165]
    o PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2004)[165]
    o PWI Stanley Weston Award (2005)[166]
    o PWI ranked him # 2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2004.[167]

* World Championship Wrestling
    o WCW Cruiserweight Championship (2 times)[42]
    o WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[168]

* World Wrestling All-Stars
    o WWA International Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)[169]

* World Wrestling Association
    o WWA Welterweight Championship (1 time)[162]
    o WWA Trios Championship (1 time)[162] - with Chavo Guerrero and Mando Guerrero

o WWE Championship (1 time)[170]
    o WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times)[171] - with Chavo Guerrero (2), Tajiri (1), and Rey Mysterio (1)
    o WWE United States Championship (1 time)[168]
    o WWF European Championship (2 times)[172]
    o WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)[173]
    o WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)[3]
    o Eleventh Triple Crown Champion
    o Sixth Grand Slam Championship

o 5 Star Match (1994) with Art Barr vs. El Hijo del Santo and Octagón at When Worlds Collide in a Hair vs. Masks match on November 6
    o Best on Interviews (2005)
    o Feud of the Year (1994) with Art Barr vs. El Hijo del Santo and Octagón
    o Feud of the Year (1995) vs. Dean Malenko
    o Most Charismatic (2004, 2005)
    o Tag Team of the Year (1994) with Art Barr as La Pareja del Terror
    o Tag Team of the Year (2002) with Chavo Guerrero as Los Guerreros
    o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

im torn between two picks so ill go for the value one and introduce the founder members of the BWA (Bounty Hunter's Wrestling alliance) to be....

The Brittish Bulldogs, The Dynamite Kid and the British Bulldog

...will do a write up after ive eaten

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

My first pick is someone who at the height of his powers was one of the top heels of all time. A performer whose in ring ability was matched by charisma out of it.

An incredibly talented wrestler who was able to have incredible matches with the likes of Bret Hart, Shawn Micheals and Kerry Von Erich and then make a transition to working with the likes of Hulk Hogan without breaking a sweat.

A multi-time champion in WWE, AWA and WCW.
    The Perfect number one choice.

MrPerfect034.jpg?t=1238953162

Draft picks order for round 2:
    01. gimmick
    02. SlickRic
    03. jayhaitch2
    04. Jolt2007
    05. Bubs101
    06. Furious-Red
    07. Minto
    08. Flahavaj
    09. MuffDaddy
    10. Mr. Nice Guy
    11. Bounty Hunter
    12. orestes
    13. Mr. Guappa
    14. callaway92
    15. Cactus Col
    16. Diesel Queen
    17. Fozzy
    18. Comic-Book-Guy
    19. RebelRockChick
    20. OrtonViper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thought he was picked already, but he wasn't. He actually was not even on my wish list until a few minutes ago. My 2nd pick to get the 2nd round underway is CM Punk

CM_Punk.jpg

Ill edit later and his his list of achivements. No form now

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I agonised over this but with my 2nd pick I am delighted to introduce to you collectively, one of the most effective tag teams of all time. Together they were also part of arguably the greatest antagonistic faction ever; certainly the original one anyway. Individually they were also hugely talented; in the ring, on the mic and charisma-wise; winning multiple titles between them.

I give you.....

tullyarn_2.jpg

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard

Part of the infamous 'Four Horsemen' stable, these guys together were a major cog in a faction that owned professional wrestling for much of the 1980s - with Arn as the Enforcer, and Tully as the smarmy, technical one who always got booed out of the building no matter what.

As a tag team they were seamless, reading eachother's minds and making their colleagues look a million bucks at the same time. They could beat you up, outwrestle you, whatever way you wanted to get beat they could do it, and do it convincingly.

They brought this to their singles careers too; with both winning numerous titles including the coveted World Television Title.

Most importantly, people paid to see these guys perform. Whether they wanted to see them finally get the beating they deserved, or whether they wanted to see them beat the holy hell out of someone, they came in their 1000s, and they paid.

So many options open up for me with these two now on my roster, and I lick my lips at the prospect of them performing in my promotion.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    o PWI Feud of the Year (1987) Four Horsemen vs. Super Powers and the Road Warriors
    o PWI Tag Team of the Year (1989) with Tully Blanchard
    o PWI Tag Team of the Year (1991) with Larry Zybszko
    o PWI Stanley Weston Award (1997)

Arn Anderson
    Jim Crockett Promotions / World Championship Wrestling
    o NWA National Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Ole Anderson
    o NWA World Tag Team Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (2 times) - with Tully Blanchard
    o NWA World Television Championship (2 times)
    o WCW World Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Larry Zbyszko (1), Bobby Eaton (1), and Paul Roma (1)
    o WCW World Television Championship (2 times)

Southeastern Championship Wrestling
    o NWA Southeastern Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Jerry Stubbs (3) and Pat Rose (1)

World Wrestling Federation
    o WWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Tully Blanchard

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    o 5 Star Match (1992) with Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Bobby Eaton, & Larry Zbyszko vs. Nikita Koloff, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Barry Windham, & Dustin Rhodes (May 17, WarGames match, WrestleWar)
    o Best on Interviews (1990)

Tully Blanchard
    Central States Wrestling

* NWA Central States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling / Jim Crockett Promotions

* NWA National Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * NWA Television Championship (1 time)
    * NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * NWA World Tag Team Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (2 times) - with Arn Anderson
    * NWA World Television Championship (2 times)

NWA All-Star Wrestling (North Carolina)

* NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Barry Windham

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    o PWI Feud of the Year (1987) Four Horsemen vs. Super Powers and the Road Warriors
    o PWI Tag Team of the Year (1989) with Arn Anderson

Southwest Championship Wrestling

* SCW Southwest Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
    * SCW Southwest Tag Team Championship (5 times) - with Gino Hernandez
    * SCW Southwest Television Championship (3 times)
    * SCW World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Gino Hernandez

World Wrestling Federation

* WWF World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Arn Anderson

So far.....
    1. Sting
    2. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Whatever about everything else...A terrific wrestler, a multiple champion and along with my number one pick, a possibly amazing main event.

Chris Benoit

chris-benoit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'll pick two for the price of one and go for

tt-moneyinc0-2.jpg

Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster - Money Inc.

Money Inc.
    * World Wrestling Federation
    WWF Tag Team Championship (3 times)

PWI ranked them #61 of the 100 best tag teams during the "PWI Years" in 2003

Irwin R. Schyster
    * All Japan Pro Wrestling
    World's Strongest Tag Team League (2000) - with Steve Williams

* Championship Wrestling from Florida
    NWA Florida Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
    NWA Southern Heavyweight Championship (Florida version) (2 times)
    NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (4 times) - with Barry Windham (3) and Mike Davis (1)

* Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling | Jim Crockett Promotions | World Championship Wrestling
    NWA World Tag Team Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (1 time) - with Steve Williams
    NWA Television Championship (1 time)
    NWA World Television Championship (2 times)

* Maple Leaf Wrestling
    NWA Canadian Television Championship (1 time)

WWF Tag Team Championship (5 times) - with Barry Windham (2) and Ted DiBiase (3)

Ted DiBiase
    * All Japan Pro Wrestling
    AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Stan Hansen
    NWA United National Championship (1 time)
    PWF World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Stan Hansen
    World's Strongest Tag Team League (1985) – with Stan Hansen

* Central States Wrestling
    NWA Central States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

* Georgia Championship Wrestling
    NWA National Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    NWA National Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Stan Frazier (1) and Steve Olsonski (1)

* NWA Tri-State | Mid-South Wrestling Association
    Mid-South North American Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
    Mid-South Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Matt Borne (1), Jerry Stubbs (1), Hercules Hernandez (1), and Steve Williams (1)
    NWA North American Heavyweight Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time)
    NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time) – with Dick Murdoch

* NWA Western States Sports
    NWA Western States Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Tito Santana

PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1982)
    PWI ranked him #17 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1991
    PWI ranked him #32 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003
    PWI ranked him #20 of the Top 100 Tag Teams of the "PWI Years" with Steve Williams in 2003

* Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame
    Class of 2007

* St. Louis Wrestling Club
    NWA Missouri Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

* Texas All-Star Wrestling
    TASW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

WWF North American Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    WWF World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Irwin R. Schyster
    Million Dollar Championship (2 times)
    King of the Ring (1988)
    Slammy Award for Humanitarian of the Year (1987)

Best Heel (1987, 1988)
    Best Technical Wrestler (1981)
    Feud of the Year (1982) vs. Junkyard Dog
    Feud of the Year (1985) vs. Jim Duggan
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Ultimate Warrior
    WM6-4.jpg

The dude is up their with Sheiky in terms of how insane he is but what he gives me a genuine main eventer, one of the biggest draws left and a money feud with the Hulkster complete with one of the best promos ever (The one with the airplane crash). So he wasn't a good worker, so what. He shook those ropes so damn well that nobody cared about his matches. Everything was done at a ridiculous tempo and the fans loved every minute of it during his first run. If I want a technichal showpiece I can still get one. If I want a Wrestlemania moment that warms the heart I have one

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My 2nd choice is The Charismatic Enigma

hardy.jpg
    * National Championship Wrestling
    o NCW Light Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[4]

* New Dimension Wrestling
    o NDW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[5]

* New Frontier Wrestling Association
    o NFWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[5]

* North East Wrestling
    o NEW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[5]

* NWA 2000
    o NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy[5]

* Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts
    o OMEGA New Frontiers Championship (1 time)[18]
    o OMEGA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy[5][160]

o PWI Comeback of the Year (2007)[161]
    o PWI Match of the Year (2000) with Matt Hardy versus The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian in the Triangle ladder match at WrestleMania 2000[162]
    o PWI Match of the Year (2001) with Matt Hardy versus The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian in the TLC II match at WrestleMania X-Seven[163]
    o PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2008)
    o PWI Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Matt Hardy[162]
    o PWI ranked him # 17 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2001[164]

* Universal Wrestling Association
    o UWA World Middleweight Championship (1 time)[5]

o WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy[4]
    o WWE Championship (1 time)[8][9]
    o WWE European Championship (1 time)[8][43]
    o WWF Hardcore Championship (3 times)[31]
    o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (4 times)[29]
    o WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[30]
    o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Matt Hardy[8][165]
    o Ninth Grand Slam Champion
    o Slammy Award for Extreme Moment of the Year (2008)[166]
    o Eighteenth Triple Crown Champion

o Best Flying Wrestler (2000)[167]
    o Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic (2008) Hardy attacked in stairwell before Survivor Series

• Advertisement

I think I better make this pick now, before one or both men get taken.

I consider it a steal to get two great technical wrestlers and one of the best promo guys in the industry as a tag team, but they do lie within the guidelines.

If I can be serious for a moment, I present to you my second draft pick, by way of Blackpool, England and Calgary, Alberta, Canada respectively.....
    The Un-Americans William Regal and Lance Storm.

tt-stormregal01-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement