Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earthquakes To Return To Europe

Options
  • 07-04-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Sadly, as a result of the movement towards heresy and abondment of the simple rules agreed between Abraham and God, of which we are decendants the cup of Wrath will be spread more widespread.

Rome and Italy, the home of the greatest Saints and of the Roman Catholic Church was hit just recently.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090406/ap_on_re_eu/eu_italy_earthquake

Already to mark the "end of times" we have had the Tsunami which killed 350,000 in one of the most sinful parts of the world. Europe and the USA must now receive the correction whilst Asia nations must see an increase also. Earthquakes will come to all of Europe, not just Italy but France and Spain also. The USA must also be brought to its knees.

Its a pity it has come to this but this is the way it must go.

The protection for humans is the Holy Rosary :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think you'll find earthquakes have more to do with the movement of earth's crust rather than heresy. Here's a wiki that emplanes it all.

Asia has a booming population of Christians over the past few years (even before the tsunami) is that just bad timing on Gods part or is he punishing Christians?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Pamela111 wrote: »

Really? In recent lab tests 'duck and cover' wins nine times out of ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Earthquakes will come to all of Europe, not just Italy but France and Spain also.

Earthquakes in Europe, whilst rare, are nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Sadly, as a result of the movement towards heresy and abondment of the simple rules agreed between Abraham and God, of which we are decendants the cup of Wrath will be spread more widespread.

It's clearly the end of times! Turn off your Sin Machine (aka computer) and go out side and wait for the Rapture!

Earthquakes in Italy are to be expected, earthquakes somewhere currently geologically stable would be more surprising.

Here is a map of the Earth, showing earthquake activity.
    As you can clearly see, once you have found Europe and the key that explains the little purple dots... you will see that there have been many earthquakes in the Mediterranean area over the last 5 years.
    in fact ... here is a close up of Europe, again purple dots are earthquakes over the last 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Rome and Italy, the home of the greatest Saints and of the Roman Catholic Church was hit just recently.

Already to mark the "end of times" we have had the Tsunami which killed 350,000 in one of the most sinful parts of the world. Europe and the USA must now receive the correction whilst Asia nations must see an increase also. Earthquakes will come to all of Europe, not just Italy but France and Spain also. The USA must also be brought to its knees.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You scare me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

you have to be joking

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Bduffman

How terribly unchristian of you to assume those who lost their lives are sinners who deserved their fate. Are you judging them?
    That must be very comforting for the families of the bereaved. I'm afraid your attitude sickens me & as an atheist I honestly believe that very few christians would support your view.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Already to mark the "end of times" we have had the Tsunami which killed 350,000 in one of the most sinful parts of the world. Europe and the USA must now receive the correction whilst Asia nations must see an increase also. [...] The USA must also be brought to its knees.
    I'm curious -- are you really saying that you want an earthquake to strike the US which will, effectively, stop the country from functioning as a modern society?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

EL
    OH
    EL

What a loving and forgiving god you worship, let's hope yours is the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Bduffman wrote: »
    as an atheist I honestly believe that very few christians would support your view.

Thanks for having some faith in some of us, if nothing else ;). The attitude above scares me.

Imo it's no huge step from 'God is punishing people via natural disasters etc' to 'I'm going to punish people on God's behalf'. Makes me shudder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Pamela you are disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

Looking at two tragedies which have inflicted massive suffering and using them to justify your world view. Truly despicable. I'm sure no churches were destroyed in Italy. Anyway does anyone seriousy take the book of revelation as somethign other than a metaphor for christian suffering under Nero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Everytime I read it, it just gets more and more insane. So.... the 350,000 asians deserved to die?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

HA!

Why did 'X' happen?

I* don't know so it must be god.

*someone else does understand, it is a rational event.

Replace X with whatever ye want, and answer as shown, and faith and life everlasting will be your reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Odd that you start your post about the end of the world with the word "sadly" yet end it with a smiley.

Anyway, do you think that God is actually choosing places based on geography? If so, his aim is off as Rome wasn't actually hit by the earthquake, it was 50 miles outside of Rome. If he was going to hit Rome to make a point, surely he would have actualy hit rome

We've had plenty of "end-of-times" events before e.g. an earthquake in China last year which killed 80,000 people.
    Or the 50,000 killed in the 1990 Iranian earthquake.

Yet you choose two events, 4 years apart, separated by thousands of miles, one of them (the Italian earthquake) fairly minor and decide that those two events mark the coming of God?

There's just no logic here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

We all knew they existed and have encountered them in the past it is the self righteous and ignorant. Shocking to read such a repulsive view of religion. I am sure you bring shame to many Christians but I am also sure many agree with you too. It is probably more likely that such religious people have driven people away from churches more than any temptation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Woger wrote: »
    Looking at two tragedies which have inflicted massive suffering and using them to justify your world view. Truly despicable. I'm sure no churches were destroyed in Italy.
    Churches have often been the first building to go in a natural disaster. Being the largest buildings around for a long time. They where often prone to being hit by lightning (until scientists put rods in them) and burning down to the ground. This was always seen as a sign God wasn't happy with his subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Perhaps somebody might find enlightenment through junior cert level geography, than the bible? You have to be kidding with this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Already to mark the "end of times" we have had the Tsunami which killed 350,000 in one of the most sinful parts of the world.

I had no idea that poor coastal villages and family holiday resorts were such havens of sin.

Would you mind explaining when Bangok, San Francisco and Las Vegas became paragons of conservative christian morality? I missed that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pamela111

toiletduck wrote: »
    Earthquakes in Europe, whilst rare, are nothing new.

Well I will tell you. I do not have any scientific information but earthquake and Tsunamis will not be a rare event soon. Remember that I told you this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Well I will tell you. I do not have any scientific information but earthquake and Tsunamis will not be a rare event soon. Remember that I told you this.
    Pamela, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being not as all and 10 being devastated, how disappointed will you be when the world does not end?

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well I will tell you. I do not have any scientific information .

Aha...

Mind you, my question was sort of based on the premise that your idea of a wrathful God smiting the wicked was in fact correct, so really a lack of "scientific information" shouldn't preclude an answer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well I have and they are not even rare now :rolleyes:

http://geography.about.com/od/physicalgeography/qt/eqfrequency.htm

As you can see for each 1.0 increase in order of magnitude, there are approximately 10 times less earthquakes of that magnitude.

So we can easily test your 'theory' this time next year. If there have been hundreds of > 8.0 magnitude earthquakes then you might be on to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

This is the most shocking posts I have ever read. Are there people like Pamela like that out there....:eek: or is it a troll...in fact this should be reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

This is the most shocking posts I have ever read. Are there people like Pamela like that out there....:eek: or is it a troll...in fact this should be reported.

No, I don't think Pamela is a troll and I think she believes what she posts. I personally find her beliefs to be repulsive, but as a moderator of this forum I defend her right to express them. You are free to argue with her posts and beliefs, but please bear in mind that personal insults earn infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I really can't understand people that think this way. The fact you think all those unfortunate people deserved to die is a truly disgusting point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

marco_polo wrote: »
    Well I have and they are not even rare now :rolleyes:

http://geography.about.com/od/physicalgeography/qt/eqfrequency.htm

As you can see for each 1.0 increase in order of magnitude, there are approximately 10 times less earthquakes of that magnitude.

So we can easily test your 'theory' this time next year. If there have been hundreds of > 8.0 magnitude earthquakes then you might be on to something.
    We actually had an earthquake in Milton Keynes last year, it was a very strange experience, not particularly strong 5 odd on the richter scale. Personally I blame Pink Punters for it...

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

TBH there is no way in which to debate with the OP..its best to ignore.

As if anyone here can change or alter her views...pointless exercise.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

MrPudding wrote: »
    We actually had an earthquake in Milton Keynes last year, it was a very strange experience, not particularly strong 5 odd on the richter scale. Personally I blame Pink Punters for it...

MrP

Just from an aesthetic point of view, a good earthquake would improve Milton Keynes no end.

(Apologies for plagiarising John Betjeman's poem about Slough)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Citation needed.*

*acceptable sources for scientific information exclude sacred texts.

Advertisement