Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestlemania 26 Packages/travel plans discussion & advice

Options
  • 13-04-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭

Buuuut... i'm not a complete buzzkill either.
    Anyone with intentions for Mania 26 can go here! :D

I was going to just rename the Mania 26 thread, but with all the Texas info in there, might be a bit confusing for someone who isn't actually going to Texas! ;)

So all future arrangements go here? Make it so! :D
    As of Sept 12th 09 the following are going
    Brolly 4 in Total
    Bjoern79 4 in Total
    Edk 2 in Total
    The Bull 2 in Total
    Kane 1 in Total
    Grandmaster 1 in Total
    Killyourtv 1 in Total
    Haz2311 2 in Total
    steveharley 1 in Total
    LegendKiller 1 in Total
    Memnoch99 2 in Total + 5 More
    Dreamchaser 1 in Total
    rude awakening 2 in Total
    Avian 5 in Total
    Matty1023 3 in Total
    The Fly 1 in Total
    Axxechikka 1 in Total (I Think)
    y2jdogg 2 in Total
    Initium 3 in Total
    kwillcox 1 in Total
    BenjoTM 1 in Total
    hurricane38 1 in Total
    da-mahon-don 8 in total

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Any plans to go next year SR? I might go, but no plans will be made until the ticket sale is approaching later this year. I certainly won't spend money on those packages again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

brolly wrote: »
    Any plans to go next year SR? I might go, but no plans will be made until the ticket sale is approaching later this year. I certainly won't spend money on those packages again!

It really depends, i'm already gonna be blowing about 6k on my half of my wedding this year in October, so it'll depend on how finances recover after that, and how interested i actually will be in WWE.

Because i really REALLY don't want to be suckered into going to find out i've a sub-standard card waiting for me when I get there five months later.

I guess it's a case of sucking it and seeing for the next few months. But with my current mindset, it looks unlikely, primarily because with my finances and our crappy economy atm, if i'm going to blow a big wad of cash, i want something to show for it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Finished college at the end of this year so if I can get a job in America or Canada I'll definitely go. if I'm on the dole probably not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

I'm thinking of going ths year. I went to 22 which I enjoyed, as I'm a big Mysterio fan.

But I don't wanna blow money on the possibilities of card like last year.

The supposed retirement of HBK is expected at WM 26, so that would be great. Also I'm expecting Cena vs. Taker so the anti climax involved would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

OrtonViper wrote: »
    Also I'm expecting Cena vs. Taker so the anti climax involved would be great.

Cena v Taker would make me consider going if the rest of the card was strong, thats the biggest money feud that the WWE could do for next year;)

• Advertisement

If they're teasing Shawn's retirement for next years Wrestlemania, please please PLEEEASE have it in Canada :D

I'm an evil c*nt, I know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

I think I might go to this one, it'll be my 3rd 'Mania in a row. I won't need to decide for a while though because I'll just be getting a ticket when they go on sale around November.

killyourtv wrote: »
    I think I might go to this one, it'll be my 3rd 'Mania in a row. I won't need to decide for a while though because I'll just be getting a ticket when they go on sale around November.

That's just it really, that's why i'm hanging on until closer til the time to make my final decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

What works out cheaper/better........buying just a Wrestlemania ticket on its own and organising your own filghts & accomm or just get a package ?

From what i hear, they're both roughly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its goinna be in Pheonix, Arizona next year isn't it?

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    If they're teasing Shawn's retirement for next years Wrestlemania, please please PLEEEASE have it in Canada :D

I'm an evil c*nt, I know. :D

My God!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I bought my own tickets and accomodation for both 23 and 24, prefer to do things on my own schedule tbh, although I'd consider a package when its on in MSG again as the tickets for that sell out in seconds, buying tickets on the sale day on ticketmaster is simple and you can easily get really good seats

OrtonViper wrote: »
    My God!

He'd get the biggest cheer of his career, that's smart booking, pal! :D

He could have just beaton Tyson Kidd in his last match. Then on Raw in Canada the next day in Ric Flair fashion have Bret Hart come out and hug him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

Definitely won't be getting a package. I'm gonna wait and see what my financial situation is like once I start college in September, then I'll decide whether to go or not. Right now, it's pretty doubtful, but things can change.

Found return flights direct from Heathrow to Phoenix for about £400 so that would be a good start at least!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

redout wrote: »
    What works out cheaper/better........buying just a Wrestlemania ticket on its own and organising your own filghts & accomm or just get a package ?

Buy everything separate and you will save money...the package is handy as its all done for you, but would rather get my seats and know where I'll be sitting etc. If I was to buy all the things from the package separate (not inc. Midday Madness) I would have saved about $200 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

:D

Ahem.........

WrestleMania XXVI!!!!!!!!!

Giggity. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Booking everything separate is definitely cheaper and more convenient, you just have to keep an eye on flight/hotel prices over the few months and book them when there cheap and make sure book your event tickets right away too get good un's.

Two of the lads who were with us had booked the package and had to change hotels 3 times because they couldn't get the package hotel for the days before or after the package stay in the same hotel, and you'd surely want to stay longer than the 3 days stay they give you with the package.

Didn't decide to go until February last year will be the same next year, I'll definitely go again next year if I'm one of the lucky ones who gets paid work experience in Ireland and they'll give me time off.

As for people saying they'd love to go but don't want to waste money on a crap card, Its simply not possible to get a time machine back to wrestlemania 17, maybe some people are bitter that they didn't go to previous "better" wrestlemanias when they had the chance.

I'm quite sure out off all of us who went this year from boards about 90-100% of us would have been to young to go to wrestlemania 10 or 17 without parents/guardians. At the end of the day its a holiday your not in the main event, the trip will be what you make of it.

If your interested enough in wrestling to want to go at all you'll love it, There's a week full of wrestling based activities/shows in the area plus local attraction, not to mention the shopping to keep you entertained over the week or so your there its not purely down to the mania card itself. And I asure you how that particular manias card fairs against other years will not come into your thoughts when your in a stadium full of 70,000 plus fans.

My advice it to go with a good group of mates or do what some of the lads who were going on there own did here and meet up with each others going yer all going share something in common, and do everything you can possibly fit in over there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Would love to go again. Was at WM 21 and 22 and they where a blast. Pheonix is only about an hour from vegas on an internal flight. So if i was goin to go i think i would get a few days in vegas as well:D. hears hopin the personal financial suitation is lookin good closer to the event.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The Bull wrote: »
    Pheonix is only about an hour from vegas on an internal flight. So if i was goin to go i think i would get a few days in vegas as well:D

this is the real draw of next years mania :P

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

Damn it all to hell! I had a review of my trip typed out and then lost all the text!!

Anyway Ill type it up again after if I get time. Anyway in summary-great weekend-wrestling sucked besides Taker-HBK.

Memnoch99 wrote: »
    Damn it all to hell! I had a review of my trip typed out and then lost all the text!!

Anyway Ill type it up again after if I get time. Anyway in summary-great weekend-wrestling sucked besides Taker-HBK.

Been there done that.
    If you do type it up again, throw it into the Mania 25 speculation thread, if you don't mind,seeing as the packages thread is gone now as 1 thread was enough that the event is over. :)

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My missus has an aunt to lives in Phoenix, so that makes it tempting. Despite poor cards and all, it would probably be a great experience. Plus the ROH WM weekend doubleshot will help as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    My missus has an aunt to lives in Phoenix, so that makes it tempting. Despite poor cards and all, it would probably be a great experience. Plus the ROH WM weekend doubleshot will help as well.

I's say there's fairly slim chances of ROH even being in business this time next year TBH.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

so people who are going to wm 26: you looking forward to being at the 25th anniversary of wrestlemania?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

I would love it if they started marketing it as the 25th anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I e-mailed WWE & got this response:

This is an automated email response to all in-coming messages.

WrestleMania XXVI Travel Package information will be posted on wwe.com
    <[URL="mhtml:{52C66D37-7CE4-4E9C-BFAB-431DBCD6289E}mid://00005623/!x-usc:http://www.wwe.com/"]http://www.wwe.com[/URL]> during the summer months.

Thank you for your interest.

Travel Package Representatives are not available by telephone. All
    questions and/or concerns should be directed to
    [URL="mhtml:{52C66D37-7CE4-4E9C-BFAB-431DBCD6289E}mid://00005623/!x-usc:mailto:wrestlemania.packages@wwe.com"]wrestlemania.packages@wwe.com[/URL] <[URL="mhtml:{52C66D37-7CE4-4E9C-BFAB-431DBCD6289E}mid://00005623/!x-usc:mailto:wrestlemania.packages@wwe.com"]mailto:wrestlemania.packages@wwe.com[/URL]> or
    faxed to 203-406-3622. Thank you.

• Advertisement

I realise it's still incredibly early, but does anyone have any good links for good deals on decent downtown Phoenix hotels? Brolly you helped me out loads this year with suggesting Alpharooms, got a great deal on the Hilton :)

Or is it still a little early to be looking for cheap rates?

Advertisement