Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tues April 21st @20:15 ; Wes1 Boardeaux 5-1 Fab. Ben. Monks -

Options
  • 20-04-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Tough game this

!!TIME CHANGE!! - !!MEETING AT 7.45!!

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith
    Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules -
    Eddie -
    Art -

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Edit: Des is the match not 21:15?

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin -
    Ed - YES
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules -
    Eddie -
    Art -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Edit: Des is the match not 21:15?

Watchoo talkin' bout?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    Watchoo talkin' bout?

Astro.ie says the kick off is 21:15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Conor - Yes
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im 50/50. picked up a knock on saturday on the same knee (knee high tackel that wasnt even given a yellow), that i injured v coca cola and played a gaa match on it yesterday, so its really sore today. have a match tonight but not going to play so i wont know until tomorrow night how it is.

will be there anyway regardless of where i am playing or not. ciaran also took a knock on saturday, so not sure what his status is. will know more later.

Did you play in the shield? We're in the final. Qualified on Saturday.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Did you play in the shield? We're in the final. Qualified on Saturday.

no,league. beat riverside 4-0. got us promoted.

playing in sheild tonight, have 2 games left in it, but not really bothered about it, as i said before, joke of a competition (they should have mixed up the teams, rather than having all the top teams playoff for one spot), but its great for the bottom teams who have a chance of silverware. you will probably be playing adamstown in the final though, they will probably go through from our side i would think.

From the results on the website a few teams can still win it. Adamstown would have to lose though. Never played in a final before despite having won a few leagues. Should be quality no matter what the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan - Yes

Michael - Yes
    Cathal - Injured
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo - Yes
    Dave - Yes

Conor - Yes
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan - Yes

Michael - Yes
    Cathal - Injured
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo - Yes
    Dave - Yes

Conor - Yes
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Wind%20in%20the%20Willows001.jpg

5-1 win, could've been more. We played some really excellent attacking football, really moved the ball around well.

Scorers: Jules (2), Ciaran (beauty), Gav, Dan.

Good performance tonight and another all important 3 points, won't get it this easy for a good while though so next week will be a different story.

Lads, it had occurred to me that it's very much possible that this ref is aware of the existence of this forum and could be reading these comments week in, week out. The forum is public so no reason he couldn't be. Just something to consider. Anyway, good performance. The bandwagon rolls on :cool:

attacking play was awesome in the first half. cracker from jules, who has certainly hit the ground running so far this season and is in great form. 2nd goal was one of our best team goals in a while, great ball from dave to set ciaran free who hammered in an unbelieveable cross for Gav to knock home. the 3rd goal, well, it was top top top class, one of the best ive seen for this team. when ciaran is on form like this, he is some asset. 4th goal was from a corner from dan and 5th was a shot spilled from lepo and Jules did excellent overall.

wasnt all one way though, clayton pulled off 2 great saves and keith had a super goal line clearance and also, i think it was geoff that cleared off the line in the first half also. few nervous moments at the back but with the quality we now have going forward, we can beat anyteam. great momemtum going, lets keep it up, its that 11 unbeaten, i think so?

as i said to a few of you, looks like im out for most of the season, i will remain part of the squad but i may not be seen at a boardeaux game for 8-9 weeks now. slight chance i can be there next week, but im booked up for travelling for the rest and baring a cancelation, thats defo. if anybody wants to play for 2 months and pay me for that duration, ill take it :D:p. i hope that when i come back, we will be top of the league and all to play for with 6-7 games to go.

as i said to a few of you, looks like im out for most of the season, i will remain part of the squad but i may not be seen at a boardeaux game for 8-9 weeks now. slight chance i can be there next week, but im booked up for travelling for the rest and baring a cancelation, thats defo. if anybody wants to play for 2 months and pay me for that duration, ill take it :D:p. i hope that when i come back, we will be top of the league and all to play for with 6-7 games to go.

Was sorry to hear that Ed - you'll be a big loss as we've really benefitted from the consistently reliable partnership you have formed with Dan at the back. I know you're gutted to be missing out and hope you get to fit in a bit of ball somewhere along your travels and that we're fighting for the title when you return and your comeback adds a little further impetus and we push on from there.

Was some fantastic attacking play last night, really fluid stuff though all the goals were great to watch, with Jules first goal and Ciarans goal being great pieces of individual work, our second goal was fantastic football. I think Martin gave a short pass to Dave who ran with it a bit and then sent it long to Ciaran who never gave up the chase and got a super cross in and Gav finished well when it could have easily ended up in row Z.

Far to quiet in defense in the first half though with us conceding an easy goal and a couple of similar events where they could have scored replica goals but Clay pulled off some great saves. After those early scares we really dominated though we need to listen to Clays instructions about the wall, they could have had a goal if we had not been for my spidey senses and covering the back post for their free kick:D We have a tendency to let teams take their free kicks very quick, we need to start getting a man standing over the ball until we are defensively ready.

But a great performance and adds some numbers to the GD.

Yeh, standing over the ball literally means standing a yard in front of it. Until the ref begins to push the wall back you can do that no problem.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yeh, standing over the ball literally means standing a yard in front of it. Until the ref begins to push the wall back you can do that no problem.
    Yeah it cost us 3 points at the end of last season and the league, and could have cost us a goal last night, something we need to look at,

Advertisement