Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 450D DSLR-€514.95-Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

That's a superb price for a bricks & mortar vendor. Excellent camera too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Doesn't seem to be available in any store ... Nuts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Cheaper at Amazon and free UK delivery if you've got peeps over the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Seems that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is! Either they never had em or they flew out the door! Hardly Normal is doing an "offer" on it this weekend too-€647 including an sd card, which really isn't that good considering this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    Cheaper at Amazon and free UK delivery if you've got peeps over the water.

The Canon EOS 450d will work out at about 580 euro delivered here from Amazon - (they do deliver almost everything to Ireland now).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

lindtee wrote: »
    Seems that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is! Either they never had em or they flew out the door! Hardly Normal is doing an "offer" on it this weekend too-€647 including an sd card, which really isn't that good considering this offer.

Yeah but they've been known to mess up pricing on camera gear before. Remember picking up my 28-135mm lens there for silly money when they mispriced it, it took a while to come into stock but i got it in the end.

There was one left in Tralee which I just reserved in case a non-boardsie copped it!:pac::pac: Pm me if anyone wants the reservation number-can be collected til monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I was in the market for upgrading from my bridge cam, good news indeed!

I hear they are killing the 450D now too, it's replacement had HD recording at 720P. (watch your SD card fill up in seconds!)

Is Argos the best price around do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

One left in Sligo too according to website....up for grabs, if you hurry up :)

god's toy wrote: »
    I was in the market for upgrading from my bridge cam, good news indeed!

I hear they are killing the 450D now too, it's replacement had HD recording at 720P. (watch your SD card fill up in seconds!)

Is Argos the best price around do you think?

I don't think you'll beat it in a bricks n mortar in Ireland but there only seems to be 2 of them in stock in the whole country!

Out of stock in Sligo unless Magic eye reserved it! Still have the reservation no for Tralee for those interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

WoW, even cheaper than Argos UK price.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Cannon have a 500d About to hit the market it has high def video. This could be why they are selling it cheap. And i was looking at this camera for 570 off Komplett.ie recently seems a little cheaper than amazons price. Still good price if you can pick one up in argos. I heard of a camera shop that was selling them for 460 in Newery but i cant remember their name now. If i remember ill post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

lindtee wrote: »
    I don't think you'll beat it in a bricks n mortar in Ireland but there only seems to be 2 of them in stock in the whole country!

Out of stock in Sligo unless Magic eye reserved it! Still have the reservation no for Tralee for those interested!

Nope, I didn't reserve it! Good price but not interested this time.
    Surely somebody else grabbed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Since this is outta stock in Argos does anyone know best place to best it cheap? Currys up North have it for £500 prob won't find it cheaper than that incl delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

center15 wrote: »
    Since this is outta stock in Argos does anyone know best place to best it cheap? Currys up North have it for £500 prob won't find it cheaper than that incl delivery to Ireland.
    Can't find any option for them to deliver it to ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Argos stores won't have had any deliveries over the weekend. It may come back into stock after Tuesday. I'd suggest checking Tuesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Deliveries are coming in on Wednesday, or at least thats what the website said when I reserved one last Friday :)

Can't find any option for them to deliver it to ROI

Sorry I meant that £500 in the North is probably the cheapest price you can get compared to buying off the net incl. delivery to Ireland.

I went into the Mahon Argos store today they said delievery would be on the 27th of May :(. by then the price will probably have gone up. I checked Currys as well its €670 incl the uk vat promo they have going at the moment. I really wanna get this camera now!!

Edit: oh and also the argos in store reserve thingy showed the price at €550

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

BuddhaJoe wrote: »
    Deliveries are coming in on Wednesday, or at least thats what the website said when I reserved one last Friday :)

That actually means coming into the warehouse on Wednesday. The warehouse is in England and then gets distributed to all the stores so your actually looking at the start of next week or Friday at the very earliest before stock gets this far.

That actually means coming into the warehouse on Wednesday. The warehouse is in England and then gets distributed to all the stores so your actually looking at the start of next week or Friday at the very earliest before stock gets this far.

I was told the shops in the city center will have them Wednesday and the shops outside the city centre will have them Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I was told the shops in the city center will have them Wednesday and the shops outside the city centre will have them Thursday.
    when you reserve items i did not think it gave details of future deliveries? if an item is available to order then you will bw able to reserve it and will be notified when it comes into stock in your store. the detail you mention is not given out on the reservations page, did you email argos for this information?

this is just another rubbish price drop by argos, the item is most likely being discontinued and argos waited until they were almost out of stock to cut the price, if they were serious they would have had much more stock. they are always doing this type of scamming giving the illusion they are cutting prices when they are not.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    when you reserve items i did not think it gave details of future deliveries? if an item is available to order then you will bw able to reserve it and will be notified when it comes into stock in your store. the detail you mention is not given out on the reservations page, did you email argos for this information?

I made two reservations last Friday, one for myself and one for a friend. For the one I made in Jervis it told me the camera was out of stock but would be in stock and ready for collection on May 6th and for my friend in Dun Laoghaire it said the camera would be in stock and available for collection on May 7th. They also sent me the following email:

Thank you for using Argos.ie

Your reservation number is ***********

This will be held at the Jervis Street (Dublin) store for collection from Wednesday, May 6th 2009 to Saturday, May 9th 2009.

Here are the details of the item(s) you have reserved.

Cat No Product Name Qty Subtotal
    559/1143 Canon EOS 450D Digital SLR Camera with 1 EUR514.95 +*
    18 55 Lens.

Total EUR514.95

I made two reservations last Friday, one for myself and one for a friend. For the one I made in Jervis it told me the camera was out of stock but would be in stock and ready for collection on May 6th and for my friend in Dun Laoghaire it said the camera would be in stock and available for collection on May 7th. They also sent me the following email:

Thank you for using Argos.ie

Your reservation number is ***********

This will be held at the Jervis Street (Dublin) store for collection from Wednesday, May 6th 2009 to Saturday, May 9th 2009.

Here are the details of the item(s) you have reserved.

Cat No Product Name Qty Subtotal
    559/1143 Canon EOS 450D Digital SLR Camera with 1 EUR514.95 +*
    18 55 Lens.

Total EUR514.95

In case you change your mind, i will offer asking price for the camera, plus free lunch.:D

Canonfan wrote: »
    In case you change your mind, i will offer asking price for the camera, plus free lunch.:D

I definitely wont be but my mate isn't sure if he can afford it at the moment. If he falls through ill pm you his reservation number for Dun Laoghaire.

I definitely wont be but my mate isn't sure if he can afford it at the moment. If he falls through ill pm you his reservation number for Dun Laoghaire.

If that's the case, you just earned yourself a new mate.:D

Just reserved one in Blackpool, Cork wasn't there today when I checked. I reckon the reserves end at midnight might be worth checking the other stores!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I tried a lot of the stores near me just now, and all were showing out of stock.

Got mine from Jervis an hour ago :) Not sure if theres any unreserved stock but there's no harm in checking
    Canonfan wrote: »
    If that's the case, you just earned yourself a new mate.:D

His gf is going halves with him so he's going to get it, sorry bout that.

Got mine from Jervis an hour ago :) Not sure if theres any unreserved stock but there's no harm in checking

His gf is going halves with him so he's going to get it, sorry bout that.

No worries mate, thank you all the same. I wanted one for my friend. I swithed to Nikon D700.

Mod how can i change my user name?:D

Glad you got yours, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Lol you could always put it in the sig "Nikonfan - formerly Canonfan"

Just a shout out on behalf of the Nikon dSLRs - the D40/D60 are very capable cameras too (and D40 costs around 300 euro I hear nowadays - it's around 250-300 dollars here).

Advertisement