Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTOPIAS BEER 25% 2003 can u drink it now?.

Options
  • 10-05-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Five/Six years ago myself and my brother in law splashed out on a bottle each of limited edition"utopias" (€150)boston beer company sipping beer,i drank mine.
    Last week my brother-in-law admitted he never drank his,did i want it,i said yes.Now i have it,at 25% alcohol i think its ok to drink,but my wife is worried as its a six year old bottle of beer.I think at 25% its the same as spirits and will be ok.So does anyone out there in the bartrade,drinks industry know,is it OK to drink?.I say yes!,i say the date does'nt matter if the alcohol level is that high.

I snuck a wee sip already and feel fine...hic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm sorry to tell you that it's actually turned to toxic waste, and must be disposed of correctly. PM me, and I'll give you an address in London you can post it to, who will be able to take care of its disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Blisterman wrote: »
    I'm sorry to tell you that it's actually turned to toxic waste, and must be disposed of correctly. PM me, and I'll give you an address in London you can post it to, who will be able to take care of its disposal.

I can offer a collection service and I'll arrange its disposal appropriately, if you're in Dublin.

This sort of thing is very dangerous and needs to be dealt with by trained individuals.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ahem. It's fine. Drink, enjoy, or hang on to for another few years. There's nothing that'll kill you which will survive in a 3% ABV beer, never mind a 25% one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yea its grand, people have drank 140 year old beer and its fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

you could put it on ebay and possibily make a few bob ....if thats legal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Tricky to do so. You've got to convince them that it's a collectible, and not for drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Yep!,drank it over the past few nights ,very tasty,would'nt mind another.
    Lads thanks for the advice!.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=79918&d=1242331577

Advertisement